Who is going to the Abrolhos Pearl Dressage Champs??

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Feuer, Jul 29, 2008.

1. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Dont mention of course that Ciderlover is a 'drunk' gem!

And we didn't mind keeping an eye on the wee bab cause all our kids were told to get lost!

2. lex

lex Well-known Member

Vodka or Tequilla next time Kel?
    Congrats on getting out there and even doing the tests for starters! You'll get there, sounds like King looked after you anyway :)
    ps nanny g - i love your pony - what a spunk!:))

3. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

awesome reading this thread, ppl... from the initial reluctance to commit to going up, to the excitement, the commitment, then the awesome pics and story. congratulations to everyone who went, especially YOU karijini. i thought of you on the weekend & sent some good vibes.

and TUT looks gorgeous! so nice keeping a baby forever.

and NG, your pony is just... breathtaking.

4. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Thank you so much Blitzen, Aristotle has been part of my life since before he was born.

Spent 10 years with his mother educating and showing her before planning her pregnancy and subsequent foal.

I was there when he was made and there when he was birthed and god willing I will be at his side when it is his time to go.

The three way bond between myself and this horse and his owner is just awesome.

5. Ciderlover

Ciderlover Active Member

Just coz you all 'pretend' to drink! somebody had be the life of tha party! You were all boring!! 'specially a certain nannygoat who went to bed reaaallyy early.
    Outback....Charlotte was a gem herself! Us Mums sometimes need to give ourselves a break and have 'me' time, we were glad to do our bit.

6. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Did I do my bit or did I just hand her to you?

7. kathyve

kathyve Active Member

Come on Cider lover...... I think I did my fair share of that evil stuff, plus I got a bit mixed up with those silly birds singing all night.... thought it was later in the evening - ain't birds meant to start to sing in the early mornings.
    Appreciated the mothering, cook, organiser, shopping bud, drinking partner and great company. Thanks all for the weekend - especially my ride up there and the company on the way.

Maybe next time I will have a pony to ride of my own.

8. Ciderlover

Ciderlover Active Member

yes those darn birds! Must have the weather **) yes I'm glad someone helped me thru what was in the fridge! Evil stuff and it just had to go. yeh wasn't much of a shopping buddy.......get lost in those big shops...........*#)

9. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

yay NANNY YAY karrijini glad you guys had fun. would have asked to tag along if i hadnt gone to bindoon instead.

sounds like you had an interesting time

now which one of you wants to plait libby for me yours all look so much better than mine.:)* :)* :)* :)* :)*

10. Karijini

Karijini Well-known Member

When do you need Libby plaited??? *#) I LOVE plaiting... and I'm starting to get half decent at it!!! :D More practice is goooooood!

11. Karijini

OH MY GOOOOODNESS! Congrats to you Flick! That is fantastic news! (he he but a bugger bout the riding LOL) :)) :)) :))

12. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

for the begginers day on the 2nd and i will most likely attemp for adult riders on the saturday as well.

im this [--] to shaving it all off:)*

after doing 22 little plaits for the bindoon that still looked stupid

she has a horrid mane for plaiting:)*

come practice your more than welcome

13. Did this comp have associate classes? Does anyone know if Sam Jones competed on her big chestnut?

14. Happy Gambler

Happy Gambler Well-known Member

Doubt it, think she was at an ODE ;)

15. Ciderlover

Ciderlover Active Member

Yes it does have assoc tests and no Sam Jones wasnt there. I dont think I have ever seen Sam do dressage **)

16. Thanks HG and CL, she does sometimes do dressage and is a closet showie as well, from way back :)

17. Ciderlover

Ciderlover Active Member

I wouldnt have called her a closet showie! I see her quite a bit at the shows.:D and always does extremely well.

18. Bruce the Goose

Bruce the Goose Well-known Member

I am glad a good weekend was had by everyone and thank you to all the people who travelled up for comp. Sorry about the weather, typical Gero either windy or stinking hot. I wasn't that impressed about riding on Sunday even being used to the weather.

Well I was that busy riding and helping on the committee I forgot to even introduce myself to any stockies. Spoke to some but didn't even have time to stop and think who were stockies.

My boy did well, we did the 3 prelim tests and ended up with a 3rd & 4th, bit disappointed with score from Sunday but you get that.

Doing our P1.2 test, forgot that you don't halt at x the first time for this test whoops
    [​IMG]

After our in hand section for the Midwest Dressage Horse
    [​IMG]

Cheers Tracey
    p.s. ciderlover, I have sent my entries in for Dongara show so will see you there, hopefully it won't be as hot as last Sunday

19. Karijini

Oh nooooo! Bruce the Goose that was you with the STUNNING bucky and we didn't even know you were a fellow Stockie!!! Love your boy, my faithful friend & slave for the weekend Kathy VE couldn't stop drooling... I'm sure she had a chat to you? She also has a bucky boy as well and he is off to be started in 2 weeks. Well done, love the photos, just stunning :D

20. Bruce the Goose

Bruce the Goose Well-known Member

Hi Karijini, Kathy VE did come up serval times and comment on my Bucky and mentioned she had one at home. Thanks for the lovely comments, he is a lovely colour but stubborn as, think that is the 1/4 horse in him. haha