Who is going to the Abrolhos Pearl Dressage Champs??

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Feuer, Jul 29, 2008.

1. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Had an awesome four days, some fun riding and some serious riding and for ciderlover some riding she would rather forget....

warm up on thurs arvo...

Karijini

[​IMG]

Ciderlover

[​IMG]

NG

[​IMG]

2. Karijini

Karijini Well-known Member

Hmmmm.... I had a shocker of a weekend that I would rather forget. As usual I let my boy down with my uncontrollable nerves and his back got progressively sore as the days went on which didn't help

But, that is life and the more of this we do, hopefully the easier this will get. Our tests were simply awful but at least we completed them. Got 53.6 in 1st prelim test and came 5th (was absolutely gobsmacked by this...) and 53.2 in our 2nd test. Poor King tried so hard for me and I'm disappointed with myself. Even the RR didn't help me this time!

Never mind!!! On to better things, like LOTS OF PICS!!!!! Uploading now...

Thanks Nanny, I didn't think anyone took any photos of me :(

3. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Oh I have lots of photos of you guys, not Outback, they must be on her camera...

Just working through them.

4. princeton

princeton Well-known Member

Hugs baby :(

I promise I will come with you to your next event and help you out.

5. Karijini

Okies, before pics: a HUGE thank you to the following people:

Outback - for being my support & personal chaffeur - thanks a million!

Kathy VE - without you I would have been more of a mess than I was

Cider Lover - For making us feel soooooo welcome!

Nanny - you will know why :p

OH! And Outbacks good friend Janelle for feeding us the beeeeeest roast on Sat night! :D

PICS!!!!!!!!!!

A secret one of Outback gettin ready
    [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

More to come.

6. Karijini

Tis okay darling, I know you were thinking of me and I daren't drag you away from your man! You are so happy and it would have sucked being away. Will be better next time! Maybe Summer series... If I get brave enough :(

7. princeton

princeton Well-known Member

LOL....Im sure I would have survived being away for a few days :p
    Summer series for sure**)

8. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Karijini - you went there, you competed and you tried! Thats all you can do! I have done tones of shows and I still get nervous! Its something you just have to work on :(

Well done to all who went!

9. Karijini

Cider Lover

[​IMG][/IMG]

Doing her hack workout for the Mid-West Horse event thingy... it was so hot and they were all so brave to be out there I thought!

[​IMG][/IMG]

And of course, nanny on her charge big Stottie

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

10. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Karijini

[​IMG]

Feuer (rebel extrodinaire) put in a terrific performance with her mare.

[​IMG]

Ciderlover - Unscheduled Exit At A.

[​IMG]

11. Karijini

This is Tut. I was going to swap King with him and take him home. I was hoping the owner wouldn't notice but I thought the obvious size and marking differences would probably give my game away... :D

I met Tut's owner over the weekend who was absolutely inspiring to me. She is an older lady, she bred Tut and has educated him herself and he is now 10. They competed in the medium and a nicer lady I couldn't have come across. She didn't know me from a bar of soap but was so friendly and came and gave me lots of help and advice when I was having a stress out and a few tears with King. I was really blown away this weekend by the friendliness and how nice everyone was, it was just lovely and made us feel so welcome. I could have watched this horse all day and boy, did he enjoy his work and you can tell that these two have an amazing bond. Anyway, just wanted to share, it was one of the nice experiences of my trip I thought. :))

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  12. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Her horse was so kind and well mannered, I thoroughly enjoyed watching her tests.

13. Hazzago

Hazzago New Member

Congrats Karijini on coming home with a rosette!!! :)* If you think you aren't brave you're a helluva lot braver than me, you actually have the guts to get out there and compete!! Well done!! :))

14. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

That is true, Karijini took the first of many steps!
    Onwards to the next one.....yee haa.

We rode three elementary tests for three seconds so we have a few more purdy wee rosettes to add to my stash!

They are a great source of motivation for me!

My wonder boy enjoying his din dins...

[​IMG]

15. Hazzago

Hazzago New Member

Well done to Nannygoat and her wonder boy Stottie! What a great result :)) You are going to run out of room to keep all these rosettes soon!

16. Karijini

Hazza, if I can do it then you can easily do it!!!! Your boy is so ready to do a test, they are easy to learn and the encouragement days at Wanneroo are very relaxed and VERY encouraging. You should HAVAGO!!!! I would support you all the way!!!!

17. Ciderlover

Ciderlover Active Member

Well done NG and thanks (NOT) for the charming photo of my lovely exit at A!! We were doing so well...........but we had a good weekend over all.
    Lovely to meet all the stockies and a big thankyou to Karijini for her lovely photos that she sent me! Sorry I never had my camera to take any of you. Outback you did a really great job and with a baby in tow! Kathyve, hope to see ya next year.....riding!

18. Hazzago

Hazzago New Member

Karijini, unfortunately any tests for me are on hold for a little while as I'm in foal. So not sure how much riding I'll being doing in the next 6 months, my OH is a panic artist and starts stressing when I even mention the word riding.
    Next year though I am definately going to HAVAGO!! :)

19. Outback

Outback New Member

yuck Karijini you could have at least posted the warm-up photos... they were alot nicer than those ones!!!

Thank you to the whole Geraldton crew for their amazing warm welcome. It was a fantastic weekend & I thoroughly enjoyed it although next time could you ensure better weather as I was absolutely frazzled after windburn from Saturday & the 35 or so temp on Sunday!!! ;-) just kidding!!!

20. Outback

Outback New Member

oh & I need to mention a few HUGE thank you's to:-

KathyVE as she was the BEST babysitter for my darling 8 month old. I know you didn't sign up for the job but I surely did appreciate it!!! You are a real STAR!!!

Karijini for being so supportive & saying all the right things & for looking after the 'Mini Puff' too. Although you don't like kids you certainly have a way with em'!

Nannygoat & Ciderlover - it was so nice to meet your lovely kids & spend time with you. Oh & thanks also for entertaining my cherub whilst I rode too! You are gems!!!

sheesh it sounds like I never looked after my child doesn't it?!?!?!

Thanks also to the many others who were there, supported our little Perth crew & gave words of encouragement. It made it all the more fun!!!