White hair on Withers?

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Jessica0368, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

Happy fly catching BM, there are lots around at the moment. :D :))

2. PPH

PPH Guest

Certainly attracted YOU my sweet, now what fly would you be*#) :p :D

3. GeeJay

GeeJay Guest

Well I am glad you have all had a good yarn at my expense LOL:)*

Would you all like me to say I am wrong will it make you happy, OK I am wrong because I put up a post on something that I have experienced and have since rectified this problem before I did any serious damage to my horse, but not only my horse my partners also, so that is 2 horses, 2 different rider’s, 2 different saddle’s and exactly the same problem.
    Hey it may not of been the water it just could be a combination of the things we have changed and I am just assuming it is part of the problem.
    You see we ride often all day mostly in a walk but in (sometimes 40c) tuff country, our horses are extremely fit.

Horsetalk I didn’t appreciate your PM at all and sorry I forgot capitals means shouting, also I am not a fool. My saddle does fit my horse very snug thanks.

In future I will keep my silly comments and experiences to myself but share them with the other Station people. Oh and some of these are old Drover’s going way back, who have helped me with similar problems and I hold these people in very high regard.

Best Regards Janet**)

4. PPH

PPH Guest

Don't you dare GJ, some may not appreciate or value your knowledge and experience, but many of us do, even if we have fly repellent reps ROPML

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE BUT THERE IS ALWAYS MORE TO BE LEARNED and anyone working with horses should know that.

Cheers BM

5. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Ok thats quite enough.
    Some of you just dont seem to get the idea about playing nice and have to turn everything into a personal attack.
    Grow up!
    Sending PM's to people that are abusive etc is against Stockyard policy.Please be aware that if people continue to do so they can run the risk of being sin-binned.
    The mods are really sick to death of sorting out these petty arguments and constant bickering in topics.
    In really simple terms ........Pull your heads in!A lot of valuble knowledge can be lost because too many cant be bothered posting because it ends in arguments and we have to step in.
    Think about it before you post next time.:mad: :mad: :mad:

6. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

Glad you made it home safe & sound Janet :)

The majority of people do not think your comments are silly & I am amazed how this thread has continued on & on, but in the end it is all done to a person saying I am right you are wrong.

Regardless of the fact that you have said.....in my experience I have found this has occured. Now that is just an observation. All that needed to be said was...... interesting observation, not sure if I believe that is what caused it, so I would get your saddle checked again.

If that was the response I do not think this whole thread would have so out of hand.

Also it is just a matter of opinion on what is right & what is wrong ......ie what is right for one person may not be for another. It is up to the individual to decide what is right for them.

I think the general error in these threads is that people forget that others have a mind of their own, are intelligent humans, who can judge for themselves what they think is right for them & their horse.

I also think think that sometimes academia believe because of a science background & years of study it makes then more qualified to say what is right or what is wrong.

In my line of business .....which is not horses..... I have found many times that what some people can achieve is not always explained by science. Even I have achieved things that have confused me because I have had an unexpected outcome from what I expected to achieve...... the books just don't always explain it all.

Because of what we have done for the past 20+ years I have seen many scientists who were passionate about their belief that their way was right ...... only to be proven after a period of trials that they were not correct in their assumption.

Science is not always right BUT is a very good basis to start from, as on most occasions it is right .....just not always LOL :)

have a good day :)

7. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

Horsetalk I didn’t appreciate your PM at all and sorry I forgot capitals means shouting, also I am not a fool. My saddle does fit my horse very snug thanks.

Apology accepted Janet. :)* No grudges hold here. I would never say you ARE a fool. :) Please reread. ( Sorry for the three capital letters, no shouting intended.) :) Where did I say your saddle does not fit your horse? :confused:

8. retroremedy

retroremedy Well-known Member

Sometimes things are wrong and just because they are does not mean they are silly.

You may want to have a look at my original post KC, I actually did exactly this. But it wouldnt matter what I posted I am sure it would have still caused a hissy fit regardless

Again, some things are not up for opinion. I wonder if I posted on here that in my opinion all horses should be fed 2kg of raw beef steak per day and this is what I believed was the best source of protein for a horse, whether you would stand back and go "well you are completely entitled to that opinion RR, what is right in your world is different to others, but sure go ahead and feed it up because you might be right"!! Or would you care about the horses and inform me that horses are herbivores and might not be able to cope with my 2kg of raw beef steak!!??

If you are referring to me and this situation you dont actually need a PhD to understand tap water & scolding....I would think the majority of humans on the earth educated or not are qualified to make a yes/no decision on this concept.

Actually science is always right, it is dynamic and changes with evidence continually! Those that believe in old fashion ideas, old wives tales and myths.....well these people have a high possibility of being wrong and in the extreme can be dangerous.

9. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

As requested RR.

Dismiss: To discard or reject, to refuse to accept or recognise.

I am not being dismissive, I am keeping an open mind. I have not dismissed any of the information on the thread. Infact I have taken it all onboard including Janets theory. I appreciate the information given by Warwick **) It is fantastic and good to have the facts from a vet. :))

I have not dismissed anyones theory, rather the way that you put your threads across. You are rejecting Janets theory and refusing to accept or recognise it. That is dismissive.

Everyone has made good valid points. It is just sometimes good to step outside the square and listen to a theory that may not neccesarily be supported by science.

As someone else said earlier, it's not what you say but how it is said.

:}

10. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

11. Mod 5

Mod 5 Moderator

Far out... I cannot believe where this thread has gone!
    Come on - we are all adults and entitled to our opinions... I think everyone has contributed fairly and some have just over reacted!

I am not sure why there needs to be sides as such... I think both Janet & RR are wise members in any respect!

I think this topic is going no where - just back & forth...

12. Mod 5

Mod 5 Moderator

SNAP Mod 3!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.