whats the possabilites?

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by nazza, Oct 1, 2011.

1. nazza

nazza New Member

okay I have a mini mare who's sire is a SILVER BAY Tobiano....her dam is BLACK/WHITE tobiano...my mare looks like CHESTNUT/WHITE tobiano but is she???? ';':confused:

Now the stallion has thrown different colured foals, Taffy's, Black and white, chestnut/white's? That I have known off, any others Im not sure.

Wished someone could help me with photo bucket would LOVE to put pics up.

Is there such a thing as Silver Chestnut/white?
    Or could she also be a Silver Bay herself?????

These MINIs are colourful arent they!!!!*#)

2. Asenath

Asenath New Member

There is no such thing as Silver Chestnut, because the silver gene is hidden unless it's on a black based coat(I think?). BUT, She could be carrying the Silver gene, and therefore if bred to a silver stallion herself, could produce a silver foal, if that makes sense? Pics would be incredibly helpful lol.

3. nazza

nazza New Member

:D Thankyou....She may have gone into foal for next year to my silver Buckskin dun boy....I did think she would be a silver carrier nicely donated from her sire,
    going to look at how to work out photobucket shortly cause I really want to share!!! lolzzz*#)

4. Tintara

Tintara Well-known Member

Nazza, what colour is her coat where her mane appears to be white? If she is not white between her ears she shouldn't really have an all white forelock yet she looks as though she does (I assume she is the pony in your avatar). This could be an indication that she is a bay silver. A LOT of bay silvers are mistaken for chestnuts because the silver dilutes their black points and as they have red coats ......... ';'

5. jlnew

jlnew Well-known Member

do you want me to post a pic of her for you nazza? you could also try clipping her, and see what colour she is then. :)

ive been told that starry threw a LOT of dilute foals.

6. nazza

nazza New Member

Thanks Jlnew...Ill send pics to you through your email and if you could do that for me that be great....
    Yeah a dna is the best way....and will be done.
    But for visual assessment would like some opinions....:)*

Will post pics to your email.....

7. nazza

nazza New Member

Hi Tintara...yes thats her in summer coat of the mare by a silver bay stallion.

Jlnew will post pics up for me so they'll be up shortly. :)*

8. jlnew

jlnew Well-known Member

9. nazza

nazza New Member

hahahaha you beat me too it!!! I just sent you an email lol's. *#) could you also put the sire and dam up Jlnew? But those ones you put up are good :)*
    So Okay, peoles colour thoughts now open for discussion!!! lols *#):}:D

10. jlnew

jlnew Well-known Member

sire clipped.
    [​IMG]

dam

[​IMG]