What type of girth do you use?

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Cheeki, Sep 25, 2012.

1. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

You're right PSO, there is a quite a bit of difference.
    I have both old and new styles. Heading outside to ride now so will take a couple of pics for comparison. I much prefer the older style. So does my horse. :p

2. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

As promised .......
    Both of these girths are the same length. The newer one (with hidden elastic) is quite a bit wider through the elbow area and right up behind the buckles.

[​IMG]

One laying on top of the other.

[​IMG]

It might not seem much but it makes a huge difference to my horse. She seriously dislikes the width of the newer, bulkier type and since using it she has become a bit girthy. She seems to really object to the wider area behind the buckles. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the way she's shaped and her fat belly is pushing forward and it's digging in somehow and causing pressure. She's quite the princess *#)
    I've swapped back to using the old one now and she's settling down thankfully.

3. pso

pso Gold Member

hmmm... interesting! thanks!!
    The new one is narrower between the elbows (under the chest) tho..I'd like a hybrid!!!
    Still not convinced he is happy in this one as he is in the all-elastic (maybe I need to learn to be happy with the elastic??)

ok- I give up on pic :p

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  4. realalvin

realalvin New Member

Currently, the only girth I own is harrison howard. works a treat and not WAY expensive!