What type of girth do you use?

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Cheeki, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Purdey

Purdey Active Member

I have a pressure eze girth too. Altho I didnt hear anything about them being recalled? When was this? Ive had mine about 2 years.

I think its fine and I like it, it fits his shape and looks as comfy as a girth can be. So Pressure eze for dressage and an anti gal one for jumping (extened with extra elastic to fit around fatty) my jump saddle is tan so Ive kept the matching one that came with it.

2. NLEC

NLEC Well-known Member

Question RE elastic Wintec girths

I'm wondering how much 'give' they actually have?

I have a rather round shaped, ( and quite bluntly overweight horse at the moment) so he doesn't really need much give.....He is a much happier horse when their is as little movement in the saddle as possible....

How much stretch do they really have?

3. dayna

dayna Well-known Member

We use Professional's Choice SMx VenTECH Comfort-Stretch Cinch for our western saddles. The horses work great in them, they are easy to clean and keep saddle exactly were you put it even through fast reining spins and sliding stops.

[​IMG]

4. ShowjumpKid4Eva

ShowjumpKid4Eva Well-known Member

Wintec elastic girths? Not much.

I have one... there is very very little give. If you want an elastic girth specifically, I'd go with something else, but if as you say you want something with a fairly small amount of give, they are great.

5. Northern Peregrine

Northern Peregrine Well-known Member

They did get recalled..maybe a bit more than a couple of years ago. I forget now. I returned mine and got a replacement. It was only pressure eze girths made during a certain period of time..apparently something..also forget what :eek: stitching where it wasn't obvious I think.. was liable to give way. Mine seemed fine but I returned it anyway, just in case. I wouldn't use anything else.

6. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

I've decided to stop riding full stop. Changing methods was helping certain issues but I'm convinced its the girth. He also now is very very girthy even when putting a roller on. None of these issues started until that girth was being used.

My bloke wasn't have any issues until pretty much the day that girth was used and its been issue after issue since then so I'm grounded until I find another girth I'm happy with.

But like most things, one thing can't make everyone happy! My feedback isn't to say their useless, its simply how things have worked out for me :). I'd probably try one on Karla when she's finally under saddle as the story may be different there.

7. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

I just use the Ascot 3 buckle with elastic one side. Never had a horse show discomfort with them:)

8. Picup436

Picup436 Active Member

I bought my girl a pressure eze girth last weekend, thought that she might appreciate it. WRONG!!! My beautiful forwards moving pony would barely take a step forwards. I was freaking out that my pony was broken until it struck me that it might be the girth causing the problems, so I loosened it off so much that there was daylight between her and the girth and instantly her stride went back to normal. Back to the good old wintec girth for us.

9. GoWelshCobs

GoWelshCobs Well-known Member

just a normal ascot girth for me, have used the elastic ones but they tend to slip on my barrel of a pony ( i think girth is a tad to long) i used to use a normal girth on my VERRY girthy mare but with a real sheep skin cover, with out the cover she was a cow to ride with it she was a different pony.

10. abb77

abb77 Well-known Member

i have a wintec cair girth - great fit and have had no troubles at all

11. NLEC

NLEC Well-known Member

I have an pressure ease (purchased) and a Wintec Cair elastic girth on the way - to try. Which one do you think will win out? :p

12. Blackbat

Blackbat Well-known Member

I don't know about your horse, but mine always picks the most expensive one.

13. pso

pso Gold Member

new style or old style cair girth??

14. NLEC

NLEC Well-known Member

I have no idea - I couldn't get to the shop, and I rarely shop at horseland. Graham got it for me.

Why.......? :p

He chose the more expensive one......the Blustard. :p (The horse)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  15. NLEC

NLEC Well-known Member

The horse is the blustard by the way lol.... Not the husband. He is awesome, as he buys me girths lol

16. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Let us know how you get on :D

I'm still confused by it all :eek:

17. NLEC

NLEC Well-known Member

Cheeki - to tell you the truth, I found it all way to complicated as well.

All I wanted was a long girth - the choice end for me was the only one available in the right size!

If I had my way, I would have gone for an extra long dressage preassure eze, or a slightly shaped neoprene. Im still a big fan of the tubular wintecs. They just work ;)

Im still not convinced on the wintec cair, as I was watching his action when he moves, well more to the point the action of his pecks - I feel that the guard gets in the way.

Ge goes fine in it so far - but in reality...I just feel that it isnt the best design - and all the fancy bits are just over engineering.

Just IMHO ;)

BUT....it was long enough :)

18. SMR

SMR Well-known Member

Haha...must admit, I thought you meant your husband.

Pressure Eze for me :)

19. NLEC

NLEC Well-known Member

lol....same way I read it later on....

What an ungrateful wife I was (seemingly)...tut tut :p

20. pso

pso Gold Member

Ok- I just picked up a second OLD pressure eze (elastic on the outside) And I would swear it is a different shape to the newer ones (which I sold as they were too bulky lol) seems alot narrower at elbows? (could just be that it is longer?) :}