What to do...?

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Shandeh, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

And I don't give a damn what your ribbons and scores have to say. I don't like the way Anky van Grunsven rides and she's pretty much one of the top dressage riders in the world"

All i have to say right now is two words. the first one starting with a large F. and the second one a Y.i work FREAKING hard for my ribbons and my scores! sure they arent perfect but they mean more than you will ever appreciate!
    im up at 4.30am training 5 mornings a week on my horse. lessons as often as i can afford. i too am on a budget that is prob even tighter than yours!! ive worked 3 jobs since i was 15 just to afford my horses MYSELF. no help. with school and TEE. ive come from a broken home TWICE, a step dad who HATED me since i was 4years old and would abuse me daily and at every chance he got til he left when i was 17, mum suffers sevear depression, and has all her life, family has had to deal with numerous cancer operations, alcholism, M.S. Bipolar, sexual abuse, suiicidal issues- u name it. ive been there. the difference between me and you is i get on with it and dont make pathetic whingy winy excuses and choose to listen to others.

i was being nice shandeh... i was offering you an oppertunity that others- such as mirrawee would all jump at the chance, i have people lining up claiming my horse when i die!! ALREADY!! im only 26yrs old!! i was offering you a free "lesson" eat maggi noodles for an extra day for a bus ticket- all im hearing is lameass excuses and all you are is rude and pathetic in response to my generous offer.
    You cannot ride, your just lucky you and your mum stumble on nice horses who look after you.
    you continually post rediculous threads and ask for advice which is then turned and thrown back in people faces.

ETA- my point in YOU riding MY horse was for YOU to FEEL what it was like-to feel the differnce between Sitting and actually riding! he is a very forgiving horse (hell hes been looking after me for years now) he would look after you and not make you look like a fool! (u do a good enough job of that yourself) but you would have learnt ALOT just on feel alone. i can tell you exactly what to do and how with my horse and you would have definatly felt something massive by the end. the understanding you would have gotten out of the excersise would have been imense. Weeman has diffenernt gears and as u progress you can feel the gear box click up to the next level or clunk back when u lose it.

im withdrawing my offer. you dont deserve to be anywhere near me or my horse and our pathetic ribbons.

Smash i agree with your post- especially these bits-SM, it really saddens me that you enable shandehs problems.
    a tighter fitting shirt, a better quality video or a better cameraman will not make any difference to shandah riding ability or make us see things any differently, i am TOTALLY OFFENDED that you think we are all morons and need a better fitting shirt, a better quality video and a professional cameraman to be able to help shandeh self assess
    shandeh, anyone would have difficulty riding latte as he is on the forehand, hind quarters are out the back, hollow through the back, lacks and type of body bend, lacks and kind of knowledge of body suppling. this sadly reflects on your training/riding ability.
    latte has a below average trot, so it is far from "huge", your position of ALWAYS being behind the movement makes it impossible for latte to work properly, it is your riding that is making him run on the forehand.
    latte is a beautiful horse, but it is your RIDING that is letting HIM DOWN, it is your ATTITUDE that is letting HIM DOWN.

Also- Mirrawee- of course you can have a go on wee! haha

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  2. princeton

princeton Well-known Member

Wee is awesome EC **)
    And well done for making the right and positive decisions in life despite being dealt many hard cards **)
    You are a lovely person for making the offer ( I would jump at it!!) but it is falling on deaf ears :(

3. Excelsior Centerpiece

haha and im still finding it even more amusing that everyone knows wee by his nickname of Wee instead of his real name hahahah cracks me up!

4. Crafty

Crafty Well-known Member

Big hugs for you EC you are right and life is what we make of it :) ps I wana come perve on your pony when I get to the city lol **)**)**)

5. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Coz that is all we read on your FB page ;) *#) You can't much tell you love him from reading Stockies and FB :)*

Will tee up a ride when it gets cooler **)

6. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

EC and Ev4, you have offered a great thing by offering your horses for Shandeh to ride. I think you are making a good decision though about withdrawing them ....as Smash said if soemthing happened there would not be a good outcome.

Personally I think SM and Shandeh need to work this out for themselves now, this thread is going around and round.

Its a very sad thread, and have you noticed each time Shandeh comes on she sounds more and more troubled.

I really think the best thing to happen is that Shandeh needs to stay away from forums and fbook for a while and focus on getting her life together.

7. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Just re-read a few posts and come across this. You talking about my saddle and my arena? If so, I don't think your memory is not very good lol.My arena is sand! Not one rock on it and never has been! As for the saddle ';'

8. Eventer4Ever

Eventer4Ever Well-known Member

Don't even go there Gaia.
    I was thinking the EXACT same thing as you and I've been to your place twice.
    God knows where the rocks came into this or how the saddle didn't fit??

I for one, remember clearly and I have no doubt many others would stand beside you in saying that your horses are given nothing but the best ;)

9. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Just a young kid with a very overactive imagination Gaia...pay it no attention....dont feed the wolves (is that what they say?)

10. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

heehee Tam! **) I just commented on exactly that in the other thread! Like the OP here, you were riding in a classic 'arm chair position' (much like most beginners) and with lessons and perseverance, you have improved fantastically! Well done! **)

11. Hmmm!
    Jackie I don't even no why you come in here I would just want to smack my head on a wall if I was you.
    As for Gaia's arena .. Stones? Are you serious?
    I've been there a few times and never seen a rock LOL!
    And Gaia would not have ridden him in a saddle that didnt fit!

Seriously you need to stop slagging people off, shoving advice back in peoples face and just listen..
    Why ask when your not going to listen?

12. Excelsior Centerpiece

its all just excuses and almost verging on compulsive lies.. if they cannot see that- then let them wallow in their own pool of self pity.... they wouldnt know a correct fitting saddle if it bit them on the ass. on a horse his level and training- who give a poo about the saddle.

dont let them drag you down Gaia... no on ebelieves a word she says and we do all know what a great job you do!

13. farfromhome

farfromhome Well-known Member

oh god =[
    dont know where to start. i have a family member like this, lives in their own world of "illness"
    but thats beside the point

im sick of good horses being blamed. im sick of good people who would give anything all their money and time for horses not being able to have one. and yet people who clearly dont deserve them get everything they want.

i would love the chance to make more friends on here and be offered the chances to meet their amazing horses and watch them work.

some people dont get it, thats really sad#(................ not naming names or anything *#)

14. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Nah, not dragging me down. I had a bit of a giggle at the arena thing cause I'm always telling hubby he needs to move some sand of it cause its too boggy! Not sure I've ever seen a rock at my place apart from the limestone driveway ';'

15. Eventer4Ever

Hahah Gaia, if you ever get rid of any of that sand, send it my way!! :D hahaha My arena could do with some of that :p hahahaha

16. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Thanks K, very much appreciated because I know you try to stand by and help Shandeh when you can :)

Anyways, over and out! Have a GREAT New Year everyone! :)):)):))

17. Eventer4Ever

No problem J :)
    Any time.

Have a good New Year!

18. Jes_bm

Jes_bm Active Member

19. Excelsior Centerpiece

yes yes but for a ride or two of pottering like they would have it couldnt have been that bad and wouldnt have had to much effect...

think back to a few decades ago when horses where doing olympics and higher schooling and no one had any idea of saddle fitting....

20. Hayley

Hayley Well-known Member

i dont understand why this thread hasnt been closed... there is absoloutely nothing constructive coming out of this anymore for Shandeh.. i think she needs to take some time out and re read some things she has written and the advice people have given her... There are nothing but kind people on here trying to advise her the best they can and she is rude, ignorant and she say silly things that get her shot down which cant be good for her mental state at the moment either

Sugars mum please get her off the computer and out doing something CONSTRUCTIVE and mods look at closing this because its just become a joke and a bit of amusement for us all now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.