What riding are you in to?

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by crave, Jun 8, 2003.

1. crave

crave Well-known Member

What type of riding is everyone in to? Showjumping, Dressage, Pony Club or Adult Riding Club, Polocross etc or just pleasure. I only ride for pleasure these days with my daughters but have done a bit of everything along the way.

crave

2. C HORSE

C HORSE Well-known Member

I like to do Hacking and Dressage...

3. beccy

beccy Well-known Member

I love dressage. I started classical when i was 9. I have competed in just about everything, or at least had a go at including polo x, hacking, endurance. I did eventing & sj for about 3 yrs. I rode western/stock for about 6 months. for the past 6 yrs my only interest is in dressage training, although due to studies i have not been able to do much with horses

-bec-

4. Tam

Tam Well-known Member

Well i bought my horse for a showjumper cos he has a super jump but he is really pretty too so we do some hacking, have just taken a big interest in dressage and love riding out, going to adult riding club- so pleasure too!!

5. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

Over the years I've tried abit of almost everything but I mainly now just do hacking, in hand showing and pleasure riding.

Ali

6. Gamby

Gamby Well-known Member

Only doing unofficial hacking and breed shows at the moment...but hoping for that official hack to come along soon!

Gamby

7. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

I do hacking...just moving onto official...I'm also going to start show jumping and eventing but at the moment breed shows and hacking are what I do...

~§Arnie§~

8. sil

sil Gold Member

i love endurance =)

~ Do as much as it takes, do as little as it takes. ~

9. The Old Grey Mare

The Old Grey Mare Active Member

when i was younger, just used to do trail riding, but now i am older with money, LOL, i love to compete. for the moment it is western stuff, but looking forward to harnessing seriously this year as well as trying out some jumping. campdrafting is also another thing i would like to try. & yes, trail riding is still a favourite, went out on Saturday, sun shining, what a great day to be alive & on a horse.

10. Mouse

Mouse Well-known Member

I am showing in western at the moment but I have tried other disciplines, breed shows, endurance, dressage.

I still like my dressage so I am considering going back to that next year.

Mel

11. Denny

Denny Well-known Member

I'm really interested in Dressage, but take my horses to breed shows and some unofficial hacking to get them use to working at a competition.

The YDB will do some showjumping training.... just not with me riding him but someone else... I'm not brave enough anymore!!!

12. slowjo

slowjo New Member

I do mainly western. I dont show, beause my horse isnt quite ready, and he doesnt know that much.

I used to be interested in jumping, hacking, and dressage.

13. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Eventing, glutten for punishment i guess...hehehe

But always willing to try anything..when i was in PC i did anything!

14. EmC

EmC New Member

I'm mainly into Showjumping now but have done just about everything at one stage - Nov/Elem. dressage, pre-novice eventing, polo x, polo and the leisurely bush rides!

15. JessiTrist

JessiTrist Well-known Member

I've only been riding for 2 years. When I started it was trail rides at the riding school, and jumping in the jumping arena was really fun. I also did the junior cross-country course at the riding school. Then we got 'kicked out' so I started riding my friend, Meredith's, horse, kind of like pony rides, being led around bareback and stuff, because I wasn't really confident. Then dad bought us a 16.2hh thoroughbred. We started off trail riding around the area [gidgegannup] in a western saddle or stock saddle, because he has a weird shaped back, so none of the other saddles would fit. When we moved him from gidge to herne hill i started jumping. In gidge we didnt have an arena or anything so it was hard to really do anything except trail. I started jumping, and the owner of the agistment taught me some proper western riding. 3 weeks ago I went to my first show, a novice western one in Pinjarra. I had alot of fun, but now I want to start riding English. I was going to enter the ODE in baldivis, but it was a little expensive. Tristan is completely trained into dressage and show-jumping, so I might consider starting to take dressage or showjumping lessons, but as of now, Tristan is a pleasure horse.

~To ride a horse is to borrow freedom...~

16. Dressage Lover

Dressage Lover New Member

I absolutely love dressage! I also enjoy some jumping but not really high or anything (bit of a chicken) I'd also like to give dome ODE's a go as well as hacking but Dressage is the main thing.

17. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

I'm more into the breeding side of horses than the riding now. When i was at PC i did a few ODE's and a few local shows but the local Pony Clubs are rather snobby (saying the least...), so i stopped going, I did a few shows after that but not alot.
    I want to do hacking & dressage with Kai's foal, and to do costume is my dream!
    I also want to breed kids leadline ponies! they are SO cute!

18. JessiTrist

JessiTrist Well-known Member

I would love to own a stud farm in the future! I think I would probably do Endurance and Show Arabians. I love Arabians. But I also like Quarter Horses and Australian Stock Horses.

~To ride a horse is to borrow freedom...~

19. Scarlet

Scarlet Well-known Member

I love dressage, it's just great but I have evented only to Pre Novice, and showjumped, Polo X Prince Philip Games etc. I now mainly do dressage (Elem/Med) and some hack days but because my family breed Stock Horses I also campaign them in working classes etc as well as some campdrafting. Our horses all do stock work on the farm even my dressage boy. He's not brilliant but follows cattle well enough. He's a failed drafter, he jut grew to big to be much use. I have given up jumping in competition but I still school horses but only up to about 2'6". Variety is the spice of life so they try everything just to keep their braind active.

20. MINTY

MINTY Active Member

My last 2 horse have been babies I have been breaking and educating and in between doing halter classes.- Its a bit hard to find the time to educate 2 horses at once and work full time. My older boy is now 17 but when we were younger we did hacking, showjumping and adult riders we even competed in novelties. Nowdays most of my riding is out in the bush or at the beach, with arena training in between - can't wait for the day when I can ride my boys out in the showring.

Kelly