What is your horsey goal for the year

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Marianne, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Good luck with the goals everyone :D

First up I need to get both of the horse back in shape .. starting to resemble small villages rather than horses ;)

Honey:
    - Get her to self load.
    - Get out to a few XC training days.
    - For Hunnibum to take her inhand
    - To ride with Spid at garvey again. And maybe the beach too.
    - To just have fun with her :) Maybe try a dressage test? Not sure yet .. will see what happens.

Jeddai:
    - Build up his fitness/weight
    - Work on getting nice, smooth paces and transitions (that even means getting enough steam for a canter)
    - Fix the 'no steering' .. and have him working nicely.
    - Get him out and about a bit .. to the beach with Hon, to garvey, have a look at a show etc ..
    Just taking it slow with him .. Will see how we go :)

Jock:
    - Keep him happy and healthy. :)

2. miss_skoobz

miss_skoobz Well-known Member

My main goals overall this year are..

-To get out showing with Judy, and have more confidence in myself to do so!
    -To enter official (AHHH)

-To breed my dog :):)

-To get a new job

-and to force myself to go to the doctors and get my hips checked out!

3. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

Your more then welcome to, as long as you don't embarress me again with your......err........choices of clips....in front of the trainers! ROFL

4. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Excuse me ma'am .. you're the one that said (and I quote) "It's fine .. noone will notice. Doesn't matter, noone will care .. just a quick ride"

........... Oh btw, they're both being clipped this year ;)

5. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

Hahaha, Welll exxxcuuuseeeeeeee me for wanting to go for a ride.. Quick ride = 2 hours.. rofl and how was I suposed to know half of ascot was going to be out rofl

6. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Bahahahaha ahhh well .. this year I'll have 2 horses .. hopefully I'll get them both done before heading out in public ;)

You clipping Bella this year? What are your plans?

7. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

Hopefully, Brigadoon, Wallangarra and the event at Brookleigh, i cant remember what it is called.

8. amber sunday

amber sunday Well-known Member

lol well sunny has no intentions of galloping on the wet sand, as he might get his tootsies wet when im actually on him :eek::rolleyes: silly pony lol.

9. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Yesterday I took HRH Poppy into the arena to practice Bareback. I trotted a whole circuit. Then from B to F (not very far I know) I cantered. Hahaha. Was not graceful nor co-ordinated but I didn't fall off so bonus.**)

10. dearme

dearme New Member

my goal......
    to place in some events over east
    learn as much as i can from Megan while im at kirby park,
    and get the new boy up to Pre Novice :)....
    and finally to stay over here at Megans for as long as i can

11. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

My goal.. be confident jumping 30 cm.. & to canter Bill *#)..
    Maybe i should add in.. grow a backbone sometime this year

12. Late Starter

Late Starter Well-known Member

My goals...
    * Have Benny using his behind and balanced in canter
    * To have control and confidence (both of us) jumping a course of 45cms
    * To attend minimum of half my ARC rallies this year
    * Attend a Steve Brady clinic
    * To go on an Anne Battley horse & me getaway
    * To feel comfortable and confident jumping E grade at Wally
    * To do min 1 hack comp
    * To do min 1 training day of SJ, XC and dressage (not necessarily on the same day though ;)).

Now as to how I"ll achieve these goals...

* Lunge Benny in the Passoa, have weekly flatwork lessons with Chris L
    * Weekly or fortnightly jumping lesson
    * Put the yearly ARC dates in my diary and make them a priority (cut J back on her activities so I can have some riding fun too)
    * Have booked in for Steve Brady in April
    * Have the okay with hubby just have to work out dates with a friend
    * ARC XC lessons and practicing the jumps at Wally PC
    * Am going to the Peel hack show in Feb
    * If not before do the Wally mini ODE towards the end of the year.

I think that should give me plenty to work on and aim for! :D

13. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Just saw some beach photos' which reminded me that my horsie goal is failing miserably.:(

So.... how have you been doing? Have you achieved everything you set out to?

14. Valencia Park Monty

Valencia Park Monty Well-known Member

Well mine would have to be to actually ride my horse would be a good goal to start with lol! ive been working in Victoria since April FIFO so i havent been home much and my poor horse has turned into a feral paddock horse lol im sure he is enjoying the time off!

but would love to get out and showjump again next year aim would be up to 90/95, attend ARC i only attended one rally before coming here this year, but mostly would just love to get out and ride! whether it be around the place or out at shows :)

15. raindear

raindear Well-known Member

yep mine are coming along nicely....I am having weekly lessons and had my firt Canter this week!!:)) My Pony has been broken in and is doing brilliantly...:)) And tomorrow morning i will be going on my first ride in the bush at home with her and last but most important..I havent broken my body!!! its actually holding up quite well concidering its age*#)

16. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

I just went and re-read yours RD. Awesome. I can help you too with a ride on the tails on the scarp. Can't help with the sunny winter morning now it's spring however. LOL Mirawee and I went out last weekend. Will have to arrange another. We only walked with a little trot here and there.

17. raindear

raindear Well-known Member

Sounds like a date Marianne, Kiara and I are doing the Jayne Lavender course today so depends on what time we get back we might go otherwise will probably go in the morning..but anytime just give me a yell **)

18. tilda

tilda Well-known Member

so lets see how my goals have gone...

ok so i havent attended all my rallys (actually not been to many :eek: )
    im jumping 80cm so achieved that goal, didnt do solid gold because i didnt go to the rallys to register *#)
    andd im having fun so ive acheived 2 out of 4 goals for this year haha :)

19. zendor

zendor Well-known Member

Yep have reached my goals :)

both horses one who was sore and out and one who are sick are back in work One went out yesterday for the first time in a year since he got really sick :) and the other is at bootcamp going well **)

Got george and have competed c grade and am now looking to move to B grade.
    Have now jumped 2 1.05s and one clear one with a rail and am now looking 1.10ish after probably one more 1.05 :)
    Have improved georges flatwork SO much he has gone from unmanuvourable wood plank to getting over 60% so I am happy with what he achieved.. and he is only getting better but we are yet to actually do a novice but we are ready.

so yeah have achieved my goals :D

20. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Well I have reached my goals with Diva :) Well, we haven't competed yet at the Arab Champs but barring injury or her deciding she doesn't want to be ridden any more that is on track :)*

Completely failed with my thoroughbred mare as she decided that injuring herself (4 times so far this year!) was better than being ridden :p

Marianne, don't forget our attempt at a gallop on the ride! Although poor Diva was so tired she could barely canter :p