What is your horsey goal for the year

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Marianne, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Revisited - What is your horsey goal for the year

My goal is to be able to canter my horse up the beach (without looking un-co and falling off) by next summer.

I was watching the kids and some young adults at the weekend riding their horses/ponies cantering up the beach looking all co-ordinated and graceful. I was so in awe. I want to be able to do that.

I've been riding for 30 years and can't do bareback, just not confident. I just rode her tonight bareback around the bush at a walk might I add. Figure practice makes perfect. Trying to work out how it's done?

Any tips would be gratefully received..... Do I grip with my??? what, am I supposed to wrap my legs around her? She is nice and barrel like so comfort is a given. Do I lean back, forward. There surely must be a trick to this...

So what is your horsey goal for the year?

DON'T FORGET TO KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR PROGRESS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  2. CharlieChick

CharlieChick Active Member

Entering way more shows i only did 2 last year. Also compete in a 90cm round :p

3. chante306

chante306 Well-known Member

haha i know the feeling
    i just hold on for dear life
    hes nice and round (fat) so its not to bad

my goal is to start competing and eventing on bluey
    without eliminations at ALL

lol

goodluck with your goals every1 :)

4. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

100% committment to rallies and getting Oliver to self-load!!

5. trippa

trippa Well-known Member

my goals are

competing in more comps-jumping and maby a xcountry clinic, doing well in western and going to the beach with trip, he has never been.

6. Imperial

Imperial Well-known Member

my goal for this year is to become the best trick rider i can be.
    and The Oakster seems to like the change of pace as well:D

7. raindear

raindear Well-known Member

Mine is to start riding again after 30Years!!! (i think i need my head read*#)
    Starting 2 x 1/2hrs lessons with my daughters instructor (without daughter watching) hopefully next week. Get my Highland broken to saddle and ride the trails on the scarp on a sunny winters morning ;) (if I havent broken my body in the meantime:))hehe

8. zendor

zendor Well-known Member

umm okay

first goal to have all my horses healthy again :eek:

second goal have a horse to ride and compete on this year and hopefully get up to c grade FINALLY ! oh eventing that is.

umm another goal to do more novice dressage test I dont do dressage much but need to ;)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  9. Beauvelour

Beauvelour Well-known Member

well with Harry its trying to get him happy, calm and relaxed at shows....so ive commited to not competeing him but just taking him there and riding him around!

And my goal with Lala is to ride her more lol and get jumps set up and be happy jumping her 1m confidently at home

10. hutchi

hutchi Well-known Member

To show my parents how important this is to me, and then get them to accept it. Then following that to get them to come to an event would be amazing :)

11. toffeelover

toffeelover Well-known Member

my goal is too be showing this year some time & to canter toffee by this year too!

12. casperjesse

casperjesse Well-known Member

I have two goals. Get Archie sound without shoes on. Just took them off so he is a lttle sore. Then do the as many ode's as I can with him. Get my little pony Oscar going. He has a high flight instinct and it would be great to get him going(riding) what an achievement if I can. He was unhandled when i got him not even a halter on him

13. Flipper

Flipper New Member

Mine would have to be getting Flipper down to the beach, as where i lived previously was too far. Also getting him over at least a cavlletti, not massive cat-leapy-springy-boing-jumps.

14. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

Mine would be to win Lead-rein at one of the big shows with our little paly (not too much pressure emma 16), champion show hunter hoty and royal show with SH galloway.

Newcomers i have 2 in so that would be nice to have success there too, and to get my new galloway out and about for me to compete on.

Most importantly more than anything - enjoy my family, friends, horses and have a healthy and happy year.

15. Babe the standy ROCKS

Babe the standy ROCKS Well-known Member

Getting Envy to an inhand show and learning how to ride her better. Taking either Envy or Liam to a beginner walk trot show for the first time ever.
    What rallies are you talking about Wattle? Yours or the girls?

16. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Well I hope both Em!! Definitely want Jess at 100% rallies....seems sensible after doing the lessons vs rallies cost trade-off.

Will just have to boycott a cpl of events in favour of rallies....but it's just one year :D

17. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Mine is to get some of our young stock out in halter classes this year.

18. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

I forgot my other goal. To join an Adult riding club to help me teach my girl how to jump. I would love to be able to enter some little Xcountry events. Going to take her to a hunt soon so that should be fun.

P.S NOT BAREBACK. LOL

19. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

I have shows etc I want to attend but my biggest goal and wishes is a year with no injuries or colics. *touch wood* that would be nice.

20. Premier

Premier Well-known Member

Well I had a few things i wanted to be able to do this year with Premi

One get fit for a first endurance ride, we are on our way
    Pony cash from Premi, Antyk helped me with this tonight YAY that one is off the list
    Lead premi from a moving vehicle so in case of emergency i can get him off the property quickly as i dont have a float, started on this tonight as well
    Tie up solid, practicing this, its more my problem then premi's
    Safe floating, wouldn't mind a self loading pony

I am kicking arse on my pony at the moment thanks to Antyk's kick up my butt.