What do you think? *Boobie and Belly pics*

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Lakota, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Jocko

Jocko Well-known Member

Sounds like it not too far now good luck and will be watching for further news.

2. minimad

minimad Well-known Member

well i guess no bubby this morning...and thanks guy,s feel like crap...but just had to get out of bed to see if i,m an adopted nanna yet..LMAO...after all these long nights of no sleep Lakota she,ll probably foal during the day for you...like 10 am this morning ..ROFPMSL...mine have done that to me before..**)

3. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Not yet minimad, but I dont think we are too far away.
    She stills seems uncomfortable, and the foal appears to be moving alot. She isn't overly restless or distressed, but is definately acting weird.

Hope your feeling better soon :)

4. minimad

Morning Lakota...feeling a tad better today ...hopefully soon mate .then lots of nice nights sleeps for you...meant to ask do you have a foaling alarm...???? best thing since sliced bread...wouldn,t be with out mine...**)

5. deschuur

deschuur Gold Member

Oooh sounds like things are happening now:) Just your luck to have a mare that is going to foal in daylight hours:D

Hope all goes well and I look forward to the pics:)

6. minimad

lets hope not flick...i,ve just come back to the house from fencing to see if any bubby has arrived yet..LMAO...guess not so i,ll head back down the paddock...:p

7. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Hmmm well she is not as agitated as she was this morning but is still acting strange. Maybe she is holding off for tonight? I really hope she is not tricking me again!

Minimad, I dont have a foaling alarm because we agist, and the property is too far away for the alarm to work.

8. minimad

oh bugger foaling alarms make life so much easier..LOL...except for the continual beeping...which become s very annoying at times...and yep she,ll probably hold off till night time...will check in again later on...back to fencing...**)

9. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

She is still acting strange tonight, although they are only subtle signs. She is standing weird, kind of in a stretched out position. Her belly is moving and grumbling alot, and it looks smaller than before (foal in the birth canal?). She in continually moving whilst eating (shifting weight in all four legs), and pawed the air a couple of times.

What do you reckon, are we getting close, or is she tricking me again? :)

10. minimad

i don,t like the sound of that Lakota...something is not sitting right ..maybe bub is in an awkward position on mums bladder which is making her uncomfortable ..keep us posted ...and good luck**)

11. minimad

Morning Lakota ...am i an adopted grandma yet..????? how,s the girl this morning..hopefully she has a lovely filly having a nice big drink..LOL...lets hope..**)

12. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

*Sigh* Nothing. She is eating happily.....

What do you reckon was going on with her yesterday?

13. Em

Em Well-known Member

I have found with some of mine they often have a series of contractions about 4-7 days before foaling and it is the foal getting into position. Can have you fooled especially when they are waxed up. Best indicator is her milk, it will turn very thick, more yellow than white and very opaque, then it will be time for action. I have had a mare drip milk for 3 wks but when her milk turned it was time for action. Foal did need a plasma transfusion though:( It is hard to know what to look for in the colour and thickness of her milk though when you haven't seen it before. Get us some udder photos tonight!

14. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Will do Em! :) She is dripping alot of milk now, often it begins to squirt out before stopping again.

15. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

God still no foal !!!! I thought i'd come back here to see photos galore. Bugger. You must be feeling exhausted by now with all the running around and worry. You'll definetly have to be getting an IGG when the foal is born see as she is losing so much milk. Not to mention being a maiden.

I know everyone keeps saying this but it certainly won't be too much longer now so hang in there. We are all very keen to see this big bub born.

You should start taking bets on what she is going to have ???? Pally Colt, Pally Filly, Chestnut Colt, Chestnut Filly ????

16. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

My thought was the same as Em... sounds like foal is getting into position as the foal shouldn't be moving much when the mare is in labour.

I would be getting hold of some colostrum to give to the foal once born in order to try and avoid a plasma transfusion as they really aren't nice for the foal. Plus it colostrum is nicer on your bank balance as well.

I would also be getting her looked at if it goes on for much longer.

Good luck and hopefully you will have a happy healthy foal shortly!

17. thorne

thorne New Member

Still No Foal!!!!!

Come on Millie!!! I am putting my bets on a Pally Filly born this Thursday. M:)Might as well start the betting. :)*

18. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Have started a new thread :) (This one was getting too long)

@) Thorne. How is Les going?

19. Em

Em Well-known Member

Flicka - all mares will go through the same processes it just can be a lot more noticable in maidens as they have never felt it before and it takes them by surprise. Usally 4 - 7 days before they get restless and shows signs of contractions etc and then all goes quiet..... I had one maiden one year went flying backwards about 5 mtrs because it caught her by surprise and she did not know what was going on! LOL

20. Em

Em Well-known Member

Flicka - all mares will go through the same processes it just can be a lot more noticable in maidens as they have never felt it before and it takes them by surprise. Usally 4 - 7 days before they get restless and shows signs of contractions etc and then all goes quiet..... I had one maiden one year went flying backwards about 5 mtrs because it caught her by surprise and she did not know what was going on! LOL