what do you call..

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by uno, Jun 18, 2011.

1. uno

uno Active Member

this is baylee, she was born palomino, out of a golden palli mare by a golden buckskin. she has a very white (when washed)main and tail ,very chocolate coloure legs and a strip on palomino just down the side of her blaze. dont know what to write on her rego application. she is welsh C x p/t Arab.';'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In the 3rd picture she is on left. thanks guys

2. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Crikey! ';'

In the second pic she looks like shes going grey! *#)

But of course that is not possible if the parents are who you say they are.
    If I can have a guess I would say a very sooty/smutty palomino. But she appears to have dark points?

Id be colour testing for sure! For Extension and Cream.

3. uno

uno Active Member

in the second picture she has just been clipped .
    this is baylee at a few days old with mum
    [​IMG]
    where do I get her colour tested?

4. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Wow! Is there such a thing as a Liver Palomino? Cuz I reckon she would be it! LOL
    I would say a very sooty pally, like extreme soot... Very unusual tho and I would def colour test to confirm :)
    I haven't had DNA tests but I am pretty sure you can do them through animalgenetics ?

5. uno

uno Active Member

Here is mum and dad.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so I have no idea where this colour comes from ...we do love it though :)))

6. mineees

mineees Gold Member

hubby has just said mum might be a pally that is carrying the silver gene, therefore having a buckskin dad you may have a silver foal...silver only effects the black gene and can be carried by red based horses. so your foal maybe carrying the black gene from dad but also has silver from mum.I would test mum and foal to see whos got what...:))...the foal may not even have cream at all...:)

7. Sallighted

Sallighted Well-known Member

My bet is on the Silver either black or bay:)* but am putting my high bet on the Black silver:))

8. Roskyle Mr GingerbreadMan

Roskyle Mr GingerbreadMan Well-known Member

I would have no idea, but its such a nice colouring! **)

9. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

they can do quite dark when changing coat, around the eyes/face, legs my boy smuts when changing coat then yellows back up.

she does look grey in second pic, so im guessing the shadow/over cast day?

she is clipped in that second pic? they do lighten up and look white/grey when clipped, she might have that grey look if shes smutty?

10. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Nah....look at the newborn pic again, my money is still on palomino but very smutty/sooty.

11. I am not convinced she is a pally kiras, she's got a funny bluish hue to her points.:p and to her body in general.
    we have bred a lot of dilutes but I don't remember any with such a istinctive blue hue to its body.';'

12. mineees

mineees Gold Member

That's why we think silver . If she had a black mane and tail we'd say bucky , the colour of her clipped coat is the colour of our bucky/dun filly( Blossom ) sometimes. Pally's can carry silver with no sign, as soon as you add black in then it comes in to affect the colour. The more recent pic's to us doesn't look pally.

[​IMG]

13. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Palominos can do some weird colour changes, my weanling went from being born a good colour to this black coloured weanling but once she dropped her coat she went back to normal

14. mineees

mineees Gold Member

so she could be a pally? do they go that dark? all these colours are so amazing how they end up...:)

15. mudslide

Yep they can do just have to sit back and wait :)

16. mineees

mineees Gold Member

do you have any photos, would love to see the colours.:):))

17. mudslide

No photos didnt see the point of photographing my despair :p

18. mineees

mineees Gold Member

hahaha, but now they are beautiful swans...I know Blossom has had 4 different colours and she just amazes us with her next choice all the time...:)

19. Jadelise

Jadelise Well-known Member

Any Update? **)

20. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Maybe this colour... any guesses**)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hint...same pony