what colour is my filly gonna go???

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by LoveLouie, Jul 28, 2011.

1. LoveLouie

LoveLouie Well-known Member

hi all just wondering what colour my filly is and is gonna go

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

his sire was bay
    her sire was a buckskin-his dam was Buckskin

her dam was Bay- her sire was palomino
    her dam was chestnut

thanks

2. Tintara

Tintara Well-known Member

Probably a beautiful clear red bay; with their rich black points this is one of my favourite shades of bay.

3. LoveLouie

the person i got her off of said shes gonna go a burnt buckskin/dun or a bay dun her legs are very light coloured also the person i got her off of was registering her as a buckskin??

4. taeliesyn

taeliesyn Well-known Member

All the his/her bits are confusing.
    Your fillies Sire and Dam are what colours? Don't necessarily need to know the Grandsire/Granddam colours.

5. LoveLouie

Ah sorry the sentences rearranged them selves her sire was buckskin her dam was bay

6. suga1624

suga1624 Well-known Member

i was going to say grey.. if u look at her muzzle and her legs. but i would have no idea lol

7. LoveLouie

I dnt think she'll go grey it's bait hard to tell in the pics but the light bit are a creamy colour around her muzzle eyes legs and stomach

8. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

She is exactly the same colour as my pony...Bay**) I am praying the black points will come as he gets older;) I am guessing the light muzzle and flanks may be from the pangare gene

summer coat
    [​IMG]

and with winter darker coat (and "artificial" black points)
    [​IMG]

9. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I know NOTHING about colour and genetics but she looks like a bay with a mealy muzzle to me.
    That pale foalie fluff will drop out of her legs come summer and she'll probably have some nice black points. :)

Elanda your boy looks lovely with his artificial points **)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
  10. ArabAtHeart

ArabAtHeart Well-known Member

Yes, she's bay. Definitely not buckskin. The light legs are just because she's a baby, they'll darken up as she gets older. She's a beautiful colour :)

11. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Bay for sure :)

And no, cant be grey. Got to have at least one grey parent to get a grey.
    That light fluff on the legs will drop off when the foal coat goes, and will turn into black points.

12. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Bay, but you maybe able to get her ancillary rego with a dilute society if the sire is a registered with them ( DA WABA WAPA)

13. mineees

mineees Gold Member

yep ,shes a lovely bay...:))

14. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

If both parents were bay, pony cant be buckskin or dun.

Just re-read, sire was buckskin? Either way I don't think the filly is anything but bay :)

15. LoveLouie

the sire was buckskin:D

16. nklpark

nklpark Well-known Member

Bay for me too

17. PF

PF Active Member

Definitely bay - agree with everyone else, light coloured legs will go black as she gets older.

18. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

The legs may or may not get darker**) They don't always.

19. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Judging by the black pasterns and the definite sootiness underneath that pale fluff, Id say for sure they will go black :)

20. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

A lot of bays with Pangare, or Wild Bays, don't get true black points, fingers crossed they do. I know it would save me a fortune in black makeup**)