What colour chestnut?

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by Cav, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

chestnut is still chestnut, so just put that on the papers. i dont see why you would need to put liver.

2. Cav

Cav Gold Member

I like to be as specific as possible I guess :)

He is losing coat now so will get a pic for whoever was interested seeing him shift his coat :)

3. biscay

biscay Well-known Member

Cav, my warmblood boy Wombat was born very light chestnut, but went extremely dark to the point I thought my lucky stars had come and he was going to be liver.... He went back to being a very light chestnut, however wasnt the orange type or red type he was more like an oaky type if that makes sense, but still light ;) ( but not wishy washy).

4. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Would love to see updated coat colour pics Cav. **)

This is my filly i recently bought - as a foal.

[​IMG]

And now, just about to be weaned. She's changed colour again as she was much darker than this, though i'm not fussed if she ends up bright orange - i don't mind a good chestnut. :)*

[​IMG]

5. Cav

Cav Gold Member

WOW Remaani she has changed heaps in colour!!! Whats her breeding if you dont mind me asking?

Actually, you sure its the same pony because the face marking is comletely different????

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  6. lollyem

lollyem Well-known Member

Considering this season that lots of "mums" of chestnut foals have posted on forums the first coat change " Oooh - do you think he/she is going to be liver??", the way to have the correct info would to put "chestnut" on the registry now, unless you are willing to wait until the next coat change.

7. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Im well aware of this lollyem but thanks for your input :)

8. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Well he isnt liver but hes turning a lovely colour chestnut :) The darkest c/nut I've ever bred....his dark little eye rings were deceiving!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011