What Colour - ? Champagne

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by Beamer, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Beamer

Beamer New Member

HI All,

This is my beautiful boy -more affectionately referred to as "the golden child". He is frequently referred to as a palomino - but I don''t think he is.
    He has pink skin with freckling, heavier around the muzzle which gives it a mottled appearance and 4 white feet. His mane and tail through the centre has a lot of brown. Almost forgot - has a beautiful soft amber coloured eye (OK - so I am biased and think he is beautiful). Anyway - interested to know what other peoples opinions - so what do you think?

Oh - I don't know what his parentage is, except that is QH Clydie X

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2011
  2. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Possibly he is a champagne, there is a test for champagne so I would be doing that just to find out for sure.
    If he does turn out to be a Champagne he can get registration through Dilutes Australia
    And your not biased he is beautiful :D

3. kcr1971

kcr1971 Active Member

looks like a gold champagne to me. Get him tested in the USA. It costs $25 US, then you know for sure. Priddy horse**)

4. mineees

mineees Gold Member

I cant see the photo...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  5. Mod 1

Mod 1 Moderator

Photo was removed as was linked to forbidden site.

Please note the terms of use

7. No links to myspace, twitter, facebook or ebay are allowed.

:D

6. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

For Beamer :)

[​IMG]

7. Beamer

Beamer New Member

My apologies Mod 1 - I was just trying to attach photos - wont' do it again. And thanks Sassy for putting in the photo for me. Will one day figure it all out. Many thanks to those that have responded - I have been thinking about getting him tested (its one of those " getting a round to it" jobs) Who in the USA does it - is there paper work I can down load for it? Thanks again

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  8. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

No problem :) I don't know much about champagne but he looks like he could be!
    Animalgenetics.com has forms and details for colour testing

9. mineees

mineees Gold Member

champagne to me...:))

10. ArabAtHeart

ArabAtHeart Well-known Member

Very much a gold champagne :)