What Colour - ? Champagne

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by Beamer, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Beamer

Beamer New Member

HI All,

This is my beautiful boy -more affectionately referred to as "the golden child". He is frequently referred to as a palomino - but I don''t think he is.
    He has pink skin with freckling, heavier around the muzzle which gives it a mottled appearance and 4 white feet. His mane and tail through the centre has a lot of brown. Almost forgot - has a beautiful soft amber coloured eye (OK - so I am biased and think he is beautiful). Anyway - interested to know what other peoples opinions - so what do you think?

Oh - I don't know what his parentage is, except that is QH Clydie X

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2011
  2. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Possibly he is a champagne, there is a test for champagne so I would be doing that just to find out for sure.
    If he does turn out to be a Champagne he can get registration through Dilutes Australia
    And your not biased he is beautiful :D
  3. kcr1971

kcr1971 Active Member

looks like a gold champagne to me. Get him tested in the USA. It costs $25 US, then you know for sure. Priddy horse**)
  4. mineees

mineees Gold Member

I cant see the photo...
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  5. Mod 1

Mod 1 Moderator

Photo was removed as was linked to forbidden site.

Please note the terms of use

7. No links to myspace, twitter, facebook or ebay are allowed.

6. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

For Beamer :)

7. Beamer

Beamer New Member

My apologies Mod 1 - I was just trying to attach photos - wont' do it again. And thanks Sassy for putting in the photo for me. Will one day figure it all out. Many thanks to those that have responded - I have been thinking about getting him tested (its one of those " getting a round to it" jobs) Who in the USA does it - is there paper work I can down load for it? Thanks again
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  8. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

No problem :) I don't know much about champagne but he looks like he could be!
    Animalgenetics.com has forms and details for colour testing
  9. mineees

mineees Gold Member

champagne to me...:))
  10. ArabAtHeart

ArabAtHeart Well-known Member

Very much a gold champagne :)