What age do greys lighten to white?

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by Remaani, Mar 17, 2008.

1. mineees

mineees Gold Member

nope your not wrong.:))

2. Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Yarrabah Quarter Horses Well-known Member

I would say she is a grey. My filly started to grey around her eyes, ears and muzzle and flecking through the coat. We were sure she would drop the coat and grey out early but she seems darker than ever. Your pony may never go really white, but all the same she is lovely the way she is **)

Here is a pic of Ruby, she will definately end up being a grey

[​IMG]

Sue

3. paintedhoney

paintedhoney Well-known Member

Now this is a pic of a mare someone said was my girl, by that we could of found out my girls breeding, colour etc.
    Thay are almost identicle but the brands just dont match up.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

this is my boys mum!!! she is the same age as the mare in question, are they are remarkably the same. The brands on your mare Remaani look new are they? I know the mare in this photo very well. Is your mare over height?

4. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Just PM'd you PH, lol.
    The mare above is Tollie Park Elderberry, 37" mare.
    Sadly not my mare but dont they look SOOOO similar, my girl Angel is about 32.5" so not the same mare, sadly.
    Brands on Angel look new as i clipped them out.

It was Pinto Lover that emailed me that pic & said it was Angel, but nope im afraid, so im back to square 1 in finding out who my girl is.

(i do know where that mare above is atm though)

5. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

This is a mare I had years ago...last I saw here she was 16 and still very dark...in this pik she was about 11:) [​IMG]

6. PPH

PPH Guest

In my opinion she is a grey. I find she is very similar to my mare Spice, who is reg as a grey.
    She was a chocolate brown whrn younger but is now a dppley grey but with very definate brown hairs flecked through her coat.
    She goes much paler in the winter and darkens up more in summer but is gradually getting lighter with each shed.

Pics taken at around 14 months, 2 years, 3 years and 6 years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers BM