What a hell of an Easter... (WARNING graffic pics)

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Eventer4Ever, Apr 26, 2011.

1. lollyem

lollyem Well-known Member

I can hear devastation in your posts, so sorry you and your beloved horses are going through this. I don't know you, but love reading your posts and looking at your lovely horses. You undoubtably have the support and friendship (cyber and real world) of many many Stockies, and I hope that helps get you through all this.

2. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

I am dreadfully saddened to hear of this disaster. You do have many friends out here wishing you the most very best outcome.

3. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

Hugs and all the healing vibes I can muster being sent your way.

I am so sad to read what has happened to your horses, I have been following the progress of the lovely peggy and Mocha

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  4. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

When I heard the news, I just sat on the sofa crying. Peggy, injured? With two other beautiful babies in pain too? Reading this thread and seeing the photos, I just :( There aren't the words to describe how badly I want to wrap them all up in cotton wool. Jazz was an amazingly beautiful little girl, who had so much potential, but freak accidents happen, and so the beautiful little bundle of joy is no longer in pain RIP little one.

To Pegstar; seriously woman. Gracie says she'll help you eat your rations ;)

There is no way that Peggy will surrender to this, she thinks of her tummy too much :p You know i'm always here, and will help in any way that I can. Just give me a bell.

5. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

:( I'm absolutely gutted for you.
    How devestating :(

Seems so unfair, you have such good fencing and your horses are all so well looked after.

RIP Jazz, free from pain.

6. bubblez

bubblez Well-known Member

omg thats awful Jazz had to be PTS :( I am soooooo sorry guys! She was one of my fav of your horses!
    And Narbeyda please dont give up your dreams of breeding crabbets! I LOVE your boy, I had plans to use in him the next few years and we've been watching your foals as we had plans to buy one of your fillies! We love your horses! There are so few crabbet breeders in WA!
    Im sending all my healing and good vibes to you guys and your horses right now!!! xxx

7. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

Also! Rahn says Mocha must be at PC this Sunday, because otherwise he won't have his boyfriend as TJ isn't going. So ermmm, see you Sunday yeah? :)

8. NG87

NG87 New Member

My thoughts are with you! What a shocking weekend you have had.

I dont know either of you, but I have recently purchased a horse that you have bred, and I would have to say that you breed the most beautiful, loving and even tempered horses so my heart goes out to you and your family during this tough time.

I hope that things start to look up and that your horses recover as quickly as they can.

RIP Jazz - may you now run free. x

I hope you can recover from this also and that you can be back on your feet quickly.

If I can help even just a bit let me know.

9. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Oh E4E. I don't know you or your mum personally but my thoughts are really with you, what a terrible day for you :( I have seen the babies you breed advertised from time to time and they are absolutely gorgeous just as Jazz is. I really hope this is the last lot of bad luck for you guys and its on the improve from here.

10. ladynicole

ladynicole New Member

So sorry for your loss. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

11. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Gosh, I don't know what to say to you both :( so sad to be reading this.
    RIP Jazz and I so hope Peggy comes through this with minimal damage.
    Take care both of you.

12. Horseagilitywa

Horseagilitywa Well-known Member

Oh man big hugs to you both! RIP Jazz

I so hope your Peggy pulls through. Sending healing vibes to you.

13. needanswers

needanswers Well-known Member

I'm sending positive thoughts your way. It is an absolute tragedy and I hope the other two horses make a quick and full recovery.

RIP Jazz.

If it helps, my sisters horse went through a fence and cut everything to the bone also. He spent 8 weeks in a cast but made a full recovery and could be ridden 12 months after the initial injury.

14. HorseSlave

HorseSlave Well-known Member

So sorry to hear about your horses injuries, and the loss of your little one. My heart goes out to you.

From the photos you've posted, your fences look to be what I would consider quite horse friendly. May I ask if you've figured out exactly how they've done such damage to themselves? I know we all want to keep our horses as safe as possible, perhaps this could help someone about to build horse fences to make an educated decision about the type of fencing they use?

15. Jaana

Jaana Well-known Member

Oh E4E I am just gutted for you. And sincerest condolences for the loss of your beautiful girl as well.

My continued prayers for you, your mum and your gorgeous ponies!

16. whitepantheress

whitepantheress Well-known Member

I don't have many words.

"Gutted for you"

"so very very sorry this has happened"

"mega cuddles"

and

"hope"

17. AnnieIvy

AnnieIvy Well-known Member

Oh wow I wish Peggy a speedy recovery.
    She seems to be a fighter, with all the threads I read about you guys, she never dissapoints :)

18. casperjesse

casperjesse Well-known Member

OMG My heart goes out to you at this time. i am just gutted to read then see the photo's of what you have had to deal with. I know what you feel about Peggy I have been following your posts on her and just and gobsmacked for this to have happened.

I have seen injuries as bad that have fully healed and made remarkable recoveries so I pray for Your horses at this time

19. Eventer4Ever

Eventer4Ever Well-known Member

Thankyou all so, so much for your healing vibes.
    It is so nice to come home after such a long day and read all your lovely comments.

Today has definitely been one of the hardest days I've been through in a long time. Mum and I have spent pretty much the whole day in tears.
    We laid Jazz to rest this afternoon. The hardest thing was walking to her yard and seeing her so bright and calling to us as if nothing was the matter. It was all just so wrong :(

Peggy had another bandage change today and she is bright. She's going out for a pick at the green grass and is walking out quite well. Only every now and then she would forget to 'flick' her foot forward (because she's lost the use of all those tendons that help her place her foot flat on the ground) and she'd stumble but she's being so brave. Taking all the needles, etc like a champion. Even looking for her feed when she was sedated for the vet :p

Little Rosie is also doing ok. She is dealing very well with all the needles for a baby. And she still calls to us when we walk past.

In reply to HorseSlave's question about the fences, etc. We just have 4 strand plain wire electric fencing with a sight wire on the top wire.
    Jazz' injury has completely stumped us as the bone she chipped was so protected that we just cannot be sure what she did.

It looks like little Rosie ran straight through one of the fences, hitting the star picket and stripping her leg.

And from what we can see of Peggy's paddock, it seems that she tried running across the edge of the colvet (between the fence and the creek) and other got rapped, or got a fright and kicked out and got caught up in the wires and star picket and then due to the huge amount of rain (we got 18ml in 5 minutes), the colvet collapsed under her and she tumbled, fence around her legs and all into the creek where she was found in the morning.

All of these injuries were really freak accidents. And there was not much we could've done to prevent it. We ever ever would've expected Peggy to be one of the injured horses as shes such a sensible mare. But from what the neighbours have told us, the storm was huge and the lightning was striking right next door so we're lucky it was only 3 of the horses and not the rest as well.

Thankyou all again. We will keep you all updated.

20. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

Oh my goodness.....

That is just incredible, so much rain, and yes......just freaky freaky accidents :( ....... :eek: :(

Still sending my love......and holding you close to my heart.

Nancy xoxo