West Australian Wild Horses

Discussion in 'News Items' started by Saiorse, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Saiorse

Saiorse Well-known Member

Posting this on behalf of Outback Heritage Horses Australia [FONT=&quot]Wild Horses of WA[/FONT]

supported by myself & Save Equus Inc.

[FONT=&quot]"Greetings OHHA members and Special Friends...[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hillbille Winery (where yours truly used to work...and yes it’s yummy stuff...) has very generously offered the wine so that we could come up with this fabulous fundraiser.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Make a generous donation and receive a generous donation of wine (at a good discount to normal prices) in return. Hillbille’s Merlot Shiraz (50/50 blend of these two lovely reds) is a very nice drop, perfect for Christmas BBQ’s, a quiet evening dinner or just sharing with friends. It also makes a great present! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]for each donation of $200 or more you will be sent a carton of this fabulous wine! [/FONT][FONT=&quot](If you require delivery please add $20 to your donation to cover the postage expense).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Remember this will raise money for a very worthy cause – the heritage horses of WA. Without the money we cannot travel to rescue these magnificent animals – nor can we afford to rehabilitate and tame them down. We are a fairly unique charity and we do a great job. We also do a great job assisting other worthy equine rescue causes and lobbying state governments Australia wide re animal welfare issues. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We must get some fund raising happening to keep all this going. Next rescue is due for early 2008 and we need to get those dollars rolling in."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Outback Heritage Horse Association of WA (Secretary)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]PO Box 333[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Nannup WA 6275[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Ph : 0417 177 011[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Email : [/FONT][FONT=&quot]wadifarm@bordernet.com.au[/FONT]

XJ

Horsemanship with Jayne Lavender
    www.jaynelavender.com
    jayne@jaynelavender.com

2. Valiente Blanco

Valiente Blanco Well-known Member

Good on you Saisorse. I admire those people from the Outback Heritage Horse Ass.. Good fundraiser too, who doesn't like a nice bottle of wine for christmas and do something for a good cause at the same time. How often can we get drunk for a good cause ;)

3. Saiorse

Saiorse Well-known Member

Apparently this is called "bumping" and should be done for the benefit of todays users... (who knew?!)

XJ

4. Valiente Blanco

Valiente Blanco Well-known Member

I have seen a dvd done on one of their projects. Of course I was sitting there again in tears. I would love to go myself... one day I will. I send all my good wishes out to them. Accross the road from my place are some of the wild horses running in a herd, it is just breath taking to watch them. The other day they were standing close to the fence and even came up for a sniff on my hand. I just love them. :)