Wendamar ponies

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Dashbabe, Apr 13, 2009.

1. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Well its not the ponies fault if it ends up in the sales yard!!! It is the owner who chooses to put it there, plus current economic climate obviously forces alot of people to have to make that hard decision.

2. uno

uno Guest

if Mrs Mcdonald is getting on in years and the current economic climate is that bad , then why still breed is such great numbers?

Oh and by the way my colt came from the stud not from a private home.
    I am not saying that wendamar ponies are no good my boy is lovely, but stop breeding so many . If foals that I bred went from stud to auction yard ,I would stop breeding for a year or two at the very least.

3. samm

samm Gold Member

Wendy McDonald has bred some very very good and successful ponies over the years.The size of her property is huge and she can well accomodate many ponies.
    If she wants to breed a large quantity that is up to her ,nobody else.How she markets and sells those ponies is up to her also.
    You all whinge about the saleyards but you're all down there looking for a bargain everytime its on.:rolleyes:

4. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

We got a pony out of a paddock who turned out to be a Wendamar pony. She was an absolutely brilliant pony and it would seem the transfer papers were never passed on with her through the 8 or so years before she landed with us. She was still registered in Wendy's name and Wendy was absolutely fantastic ordering us a duplicate copy and signing them over to us so we could show her in Welsh classes.

Some of the best Welsh in Australia have come from Wendamar and I for 1 am a big fan of the ponies she breeds. True Welsh kids ponies :)*

5. magic_kiss

magic_kiss Active Member

some wendamars are good but the ones that come from the stud are not handled very well. I think that wendy should breed a smaller amount so that they can be handled and not just sent to the sale yard out of the paddock feral

6. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

wwaahhooo ! have my new girls papers now !! I'll post some pics soon. **)**)

Cheers
    lee

7. shyloh

shyloh Well-known Member

congrates :))
    cheers shyloh :}

8. Stonegrace

Stonegrace New Member

Sorry to resurrect this thread, I found it when I googled Wendamar Ponies! Can someone please PM me Wendy's contact details please? I had a look at a few Wendamar ponies just outside of Williams today but it wasn't Wendy's stud?! I looked at a lovely 4yr old gelding 12hh but I'd like to look at more if Wendy is still breeding. Thanks

9. PetaBizz

PetaBizz Well-known Member

I believe she is still breeding. We have a Welsh B Wendamar Maestro, just love him to bits!

10. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

He is out of the same mare as a Welsh B mare I had 'Wendamar May Bud.'

11. PetaBizz

PetaBizz Well-known Member

Have you got a pic of your mare Lokenzo?

12. Hank

Hank New Member

I also have a Wendamar he is one of the best horses I have owned ridden by my 8 year old daughter he is well educated takes the best care of her and I would happily have 10 more of him.

13. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

My Gran brought her as an unregistered mare out of a paddock, she had laminitis but wasn't too bad and we managed it without any hassle. I clipped her up to find her brands and wella, found her! Wendy was great as she was still in her name so helped us get her rego's all in order. She ended up winning a bit around the unofficial pony ring and Kiara had a ball on her.

Sure do, I sold her about 3-4 years ago to a really lovely home that still have her down near Mundijong. She was out of the same mare as Maestro but by Imperial War Dance. Excuse the saddle in a few of these, we had no end of trouble finding a saddle that didn't slip forward on her!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. shellie4597

shellie4597 New Member

I just got Wendamar Nirvana. I am also looking for a website for the wendamar pony stud

15. shellie4597

shellie4597 New Member

wendamar

Wendamar Nirvana (Rainbow) 3yrs old my new girl :) I am also wanting Wendamar pony studs website if anyone knows it please TIA also how do I upload a pic off my mobile in here to show people wot rainbow looks like