Wendamar ponies

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Dashbabe, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Dashbabe

Dashbabe Well-known Member

Hi there

I currently have a wendamar pony that is here for some education (my cousins) and Im just wondering if anyone knows the person who breeds them, and where they are situated. (please pm) :)

oh and does anyone else have a wendamar pony? would love to see pics :D

2. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

I have a Wendamar pony by Imperial War Dance. The breeders name is Wendy and she is located in Williams. She is a lovely lady.

3. Dashbabe

Thanks for that kimaley :) I now have the details!

4. shyloh

shyloh Well-known Member

I too have a Wendamar
    Her name is Wendamar Trudee 15yr old welsh B chestnut in colour and a witch to catch but once caught friendly as.
    If you Pm me your email address I will send u some photo's
    Cheers Shyloh :}

5. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

We also have a couple of Wendmar ponies, Wendy is well known to breed the best welshy's in WA.

I know Trudee, she came here to go in foal a few years back. Are you riding her ?

6. shyloh

shyloh Well-known Member

Hi Dollar.
    So you know my girl Trudee finally someone who do's
    I have been trying to find some info on her 4 ages I even rang Wendy but she said she only bred her and she was sold as a weanling .
    Very confused here as I was told she has never foaled nothing on her records either to say she has.
    Yes Trudee gets ridden occassionly but just out on a trail ride.
    Do you have any other info on her?? Would love it if you did :)
    Cheers Shyloh :}

7. Dashbabe

Thanks for the info guys :)

Me and my cousin are going to organise a roadtrip sometime! not sure when yet lol

8. torridonequine

torridonequine Active Member

We have 2 wendamar stallions ,Nero welsh B sire Darralea Hero Dam Wendamar Nicety . He is a wonderful pony to ride and has great jumping ability but no rider at the moment . Also Selection welsh A stallion sire Pendock Miracle Dam Imperial Shanara. He is an outstanding welsh mountain pony who is also broken in and went very well at the shows he's been to under saddle commenced jumping but no rider to continue with.
    Both are producing wonderful stock.

9. Webby

Webby Well-known Member

Both the Champion and Reserve Leading Rein ponies at Orange Grove today are by Wendamar Elliot.

Weshies are Certainly Wonderful, Wendy has bred some superb ponies over the years.

10. polly11

polly11 Active Member

Gotta love those Wendamar Welshies......**)**)
    We have had Wendamar Trisha (Weston Sunday Guest imp.-Wendamar Tishelle) since she was about 12 months old, she is a 20yo welsh B. Trisha was a successful ridden pony competing in everything from hacking to campdrafting. She was broken to harness and was a pleasure to drive and compete with.
    With her showing days well past her, Trisha is now my 4 yo sons pony. He had his first day at Pony Club on her yesterday (led) and just adores her.:D

Another pony we had for a while was Wendamar Mignon (Imperial War Dance- Weston Mary-Jane). We purchased her from Wendy as a 2-3yo and had her started under saddle, she produced a lovely foal for us and we reluctantly sold her on.:(

Sorry I don't have any pics...

11. magic_kiss

magic_kiss Active Member

i have a wendamar pony he is a gray roan colt called wendamar neo
    Here is a pic of him. =]]
    [​IMG]
    Does anyone know if there is a website for the wendamar stud ???

12. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

I have always admired the Wendamar ponies ever since i leased my friends Wendamar when i was around 13years old. *cough cough* thats a few years ago now. lol
    But i can now say iam a very happy owner of one.
    Wendamar Narnia ( Wendamar Elliott x Wendamar Nicci )
    Grey 11h welsh A 4 yo mare.
    Im totally wrapt with this little girl. She has the most fantastic temperament and is teaching my two daughters the joys of riding and showing.:D
    I would dearly love one day to take a day trip to Wendys place and come home with another Wendamar .
    Love love love them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :)

13. magic_kiss

magic_kiss Active Member

OBHH your pony is so cute.

14. Dancia

Dancia New Member

I had a Wendamar ASBP pony aloooong time ago!
    Wendamar Mikado (Green Valley Ponderosa x Wendamar Midge)
    We had many great times together :)

15. TrueBlue

TrueBlue New Member

I lease a Wendamar pony,

Wendamar Mystique.

She's, 12.2, beautiful and really quiet.
    She's 19 years old and has a lovely temperament!

16. chanel

chanel Well-known Member

i had a wendamar pony, wendamar never ever. we bought him when he was two and then he had the most amazing temp he was so pretty always winning champs in the pony ring, and the funniest personality( sometimes he liked to open the door and come inside lol). We have sold him on has i got to big.(im still not happy about that) but hes with a really nice family doing dressage.

17. HarleyQH

HarleyQH Well-known Member

Friends of ours have purchased two Wendamar Grey 4yr old 12h Welshies last year for their daughters second pony. They both were wonderful at the Lake Grace riding school last year and an absolute credit to Wendy. :) Would buy one of these ponies any day for my kids.

18. Bella1207thor zen

Bella1207thor zen Well-known Member

Wendy is my aunty haha :) they're such nice ponies :)

19. uno

uno Guest

I have a wendamar pony which I bought for $200 from mundijong auction also my neighbours have 1 .
    If they are that good why are so many ending up at the sale yards? I bought my colt as the dogger was going to get him!

20. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

because Wendy is getting on in age- & sadly cant Handle everyone, but that does not mean the Ponies arnt quality !!!.

Love these Ponies always have- always will. **)**)

Cheers
    Lee