WE WON!!! WE WON!!!

Discussion in 'Product & Service Promotions' started by sherreem, Oct 19, 2003.

1. sherreem

sherreem Well-known Member

just a quick snippet to let EVERYONE out there know that Serpentine Pony Clubs 'C' grade eventing team won at the State Eventing Championships over the weekend.

after the dressage our team were in first place and held the position after the other 2 phases.

WELL DONE GIRLS

ALSO our 'B' grade team (made up of 2 serpy riders and 1 wallangara and 1 baldivis riders) came first too.

from a proud mum and friend

sherree

2. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Congrats on the win! Glad to hear it! Give ya gal a pat on the back for me! Congrats!...

Sarah

~All time is wasted what is not spent with horses.~

3. sherreem

hi sarah,

you were saying in another post that arnie is lacking in energy when it comes to jumping and such and you dont think he would be good at the dressage if you had a go at eventing.

well dont be too hard on him as my daughters horse is exactly the same, i keep looking for more ways to boost his energy level as emma quite often complains that her legs ache after the dressage phase, (she hates using the spurs as he marks so easily), yet look at our results he still mananges to go clear in cross country and show jumping and put in a descent test.

sherree

4. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thanks Sherreem. I have a hack show coming up and I'll go to that. Dressage does sound good but I still find it boring. I love hacking although that is boring too. I wanna be out there getting muddy having a great time jump etc. I don't use spurs on Arnie although I used to. I'm always affraid that I use them on him then I go to a show where I prefer not to use them and he's dead to my leg. Do you rekon its ok I wear them to a hack show? Because if it is then maybe he'd work 100% better and maybe that might help in the jumping. All I can really do it try to get a full time job and maybe insted of bringing on a brood mare, or as well (depends on my income) I culd get another horse and do jumping with that. Because I realised I shouldn't push Arnie to do something that his heart doesn't lie on. Lol sounds weird but like my last horse hers laid in jumping as you know and Arnie's isn't. For some reason he seems to enjoy hacking although practicing it at home is hell. He always seems to work better when at a show because he enjoys it. We'll see what happens after this show. Thanks heaps and Congrats to your daughter again!...

Sarah

5. sherreem

there is nothing wrong with using spurs in hacking (most people do), they dont have to be used all the time, you can use the inside of you leg to apply the aid and if he doesnt listen then you can apply the spur. its as simple as using the principle of asking first, no response, then dont ask a second time demand. some riders can do this on their horses with only a squeeze and then a kick if they dont listen, but with emmas pony it is the squeeze then the spur because if the squeeze hasnt worked then the kick doesnt and in hacking and dressage it looks untidy.

we are now trying turnout spurs as they seem to have a smoother end and we hope that they wont leave marks on him like her other ones do.

sherree

6. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thanks...are you sure that the judge wouldn't look down apon me? I know for the pleasure class's I'd have to remove the spurs which shouldn't be a problem for Arnie because he's responsive but I find that towards the end of the day he starts to tire (like most horses) and thats heading to the more important classes like champion etc and I definently don't carry a whip so maybe I should scravange around and find my good spurs and use them. Thanks heaps!...

Sarah

7. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

I've seen heapsof people at shows wearing spurs, practically common practice, esp for the 'gotta have everything, whether my horse needs it or not' people.

~When all else fails and there is no one else around, hug yourself~