We have a unique foal due this year....

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Happypaint, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cav

Cav Gold Member

are you referring to the resulting foal that has a head stuck onto its shoulders or the fact that a gypsy cob was crossed to a shetland?

and for those of you who think this thread has turned to "crap"...well dont read it then, dont participate....geezuz, why cant people who agree to disagree be allowed to voice their opinions without always being crucified for it #(

2. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Originally Posted by lollyem
    I was drooling over Gypsy Cobs - and came across a Gypsy Cob x Shetland foal!! More pics ( It sold for the bargain price of $6000.00). Other way around to the OP's - mare is shetland, sire is GC, but, whoa, risky for the shetland dam I would have thought...site doesn't say if the pairing was accidental or planned though.

Please correct me if i am wrong, but I thought the OP stated the mating was between a mini and a mare of some description?:confused:

It only states they were asking $6000? As a breeder I can assure you that we do not always accept the advertising price....for example I advertised a pony for $2500 and only took $1800 for it (because I knew the people and the home it was going to and couldnt have been happier that they had bought it) but as if I would advertise that I took less for the pony than the advertised amount. I am not saying that they DIDNT get $6000 for it but there is no way to ascertain this as being FACTUAL. Also there is a photo of a mature shetland x gypsy cob directly under that foals photos stating "THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF THE TYPE I WILL BE WHEN I GROW UP!" - oh yay, sway back, no neck and bum high....just what I always wanted!!:)*

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  3. lollyem

lollyem Well-known Member

The GC example was big sire x small dam
    THe Original Post situation is small sire x big dam, hence me describing GC stud's coupling being the other way round. My point being that a similar foal may result.
    Hope this clears your confusion.

Bargain = sarcasm - the thing was born just 5 weeks ago and is already marked as sold, so I don't think there'd have been too much quibbling about the price, with it being exotic gypsy cob cross...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  4. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Look HCF I don't think YOU have anything knowledgeable to add to any forum thread.......clearly when it comes to horses or being civil you are at a complete loss.

Here have a polly waffle.....sad though I expect you'll talk with your mouth full?.

[​IMG]

5. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Thanks Rem that means alot coming from you - we have had the odd disagreeing moment....but how we conduct ourselves shows that we CAN have discussion on issues AND be good mannered enough to give credit where credit is due.

Good forum means keeping it real. ;)

6. Taryn

Taryn Well-known Member

Lol EVP lol pollywaffle, that's funny!

7. mod 2

mod 2 Moderator

Think this thread has well and truly run it's course and is now just going around in circles.
    I'm sure the OP will start a new thread when the mare foals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.