We have a unique foal due this year....

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Happypaint, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zegger

Zegger Well-known Member

Tsk tsk tsk is all I have to say at a few people .:} Bitsa or no Bitsa who cares as bitsa are not the only types of horses that can turn out ugly as I have sure seen some bloody ugly pedigree's.

Well I know I will be excited if a foal is born :)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  2. Gamblin Paint Bred

Gamblin Paint Bred Well-known Member

Ok here are some photos so everyone who is interested can check it out and I really don't wanna hear that your gelding is bigger as I can not get a good photo that shows her true size this mare is big barrelled don't even know if thats a word :D.
    Cav you have your oppinions and I have mine I have not asked you to justify your breedings I was just trying to point out that at some point people will cross breed either by choice or accident and I don't think it makes either right or wrong nor would I give them labels but anyway I actually do really like your horses Cav now can we just play nice lol :)*

ZaZa didn't see the smilies was a bit upset by then lol :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. shaylee

shaylee Well-known Member

oh i sooooooooo agree this subject has gone from a great read to cr*p with all the negative thoughts

if she turns out not to be who really cares its the joy of not knowing and the suspence of what could be if she is

leave the negative vibes in your head and not on this thread
    if you dont like the subject dont read

4. Con

Con Guest

well GPB if she aint in foal you seriously need to cut out the molasses LOL

:)

Makes me jealous! I love babies! hehehe

5. GPB:D
    please take as many pics as you can weekly and file them with dates on.
    I don't think there were enough cases like yours researched and documented.
    In all text books they say that a foal in utero(regardless of a size of a sire) should develop to the size of the mare's barrel before it gets born.
    According to the above statement your mare should be looking by far more in foal by now.
    But how many full sized mares were covered by mini stallions?';'
    So who really knows how big a mare should be before she foals?';'
    All I can say by looking at your pics, that she is definately not going to drop tomorrow or any day soon. But again, I don't have a personal experience in a case like yours.
    All the best of luck!
    lena

6. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

OK, so the "she is as big as my gelding" comments dont get repeated, has the OP got any photos of her before she was definately in foal?

Im still annoyed she didnt drop on my b'day LOL

7. Sugar's Mum

Sugar's Mum Gold Member

Dont get why people aren't seeing the lopsided belly as a good sign she is pregnant?

Looks very lopsided to me :)

Seems to me that she is well loved and well cared for and an unplanned accident caused by mothernature (Storm damage if I remember rightly) is being impatiently waited.

I would be happy to give GPB one of my loved horses as this mare looks so well cared for.
    As to the necessity of scanning?

I have a cousin who worked for teltra with things like ultra sound etc. He was concerned as to what US does to babies brains.
    I wouldn't scan if I could avoid it.

Yes it can pick up problems but maybe it also causes problems?

8. Cav

Cav Gold Member

well if nothing else she has stacked on her condition since the very fist photo of her was posted, looks like a different horse!:)*

9. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

Photos from page 11 are a good comparision. She has certainly widened a bit LOL.

10. Lexie

Lexie Well-known Member

Can't wait till she pops out, just tooo see some peoples reactions....;)

You know, just cause she aint in foal and all....*#):p

11. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

What was a good thread has turned into cr@p..

Really, some people need to get over themself.
    If you don't wana read the thread it's quite simple.. Click the little X in the top right hand corner and don't come back.

And the bit about 'backyard breeding'.. the OP has said that 1) it was accidental, and 2) the foal has a home with them.. If you have a look on the other site you could find plenty of hideous, poorly built horses.. a lot purebred ;)

It's a shame that something which should be happy has turned into an argument. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but you don't have to be so damn rude about it!

12. Cav

Cav Gold Member

yes yes and despite all that "you dont know what your talking about cav" stuff, which i really take no notice of, the OP has STILL not answered my question...which I have asked a couple of times now.

re: they stated the mare was due approx august....and it is now OCTOBER...??:confused:

13. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

i havent commented on this thread but have been reading it! everywhere i look theres arguments on this forum-usaully by EVP but it looks like "shes" not involved in this one!! lol.:p
    whats wrong people:confused:

14. You've been here for not quite a month and come up with a post like that?????:)*
    What's wrong with people?:}

15. Cav

Cav Gold Member

i dont see any "arguments" in this thread...only healthy voicing of difference in opinions which is called DISCUSSION which is what this forum is...a discussion forum. If people cant accept that there will always be some people who have differing opinions to offer then quite simply they shouldn't be posting.:)*

16. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

couldnt help myself........YUP...amazing hey coli..... :( how sad.....

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  17. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

do i need to be here any longer to see people arguing over OTTTB or QH breeding or even this thread??
    i dont know people cant be nice and respect other peoples threads:confused:

18. Clerrt

Clerrt Well-known Member

jesus...why would someone even publish that on their website??

19. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I read alot of EVP's posts (not a stalker, LOL) but find she doesn't argue in them all, could go as far to say none are "arguing" but facts, which some of us (yes i've been known to get my nose outta joint once upon a time :p) don't like to hear! ;)
    EVP has posted in the odd Foal thread of mine & never argued.....

20. lollyem

lollyem Well-known Member

That's what I thought - talk about stirring the pot/picking a fight!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.