We have a unique foal due this year....

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Happypaint, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happypaint

Happypaint Well-known Member

Well Gamblin and I have a very unique foal due early August. My 15.1hh mare Niki was supposed to go to Nat's stallion Bobby but she decided to be norty and lay down next to the fence for the gorgeous 32inch mini stallion Wicket *#) Niki is now happily blooming in pregnancy. We think she had plans to provide us with a riding pony for our new baby girl Te'jana. Despite being very shocked at the start, we are eagerly awaiting this foal's arrival. Will be very interesting to see what it looks like :p

Anyone else have experience with an interesting pairing?

The expectant parents......Niki & Wicket
    [​IMG]

2. katelol

katelol Guest

Wow - trying to picture the deed but I can't quite see how they did it? Ingenious!! Love (lust) will find a way, I suppose :p

They are both absolutely gorgeous so can't wait to see the finished product :)):))

3. Sugar's Mum

Sugar's Mum Gold Member

wow I would never have expected that to happen lol.

Be interesting to see the foal :)

4. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Did anyone actually witness this mating?
    And are you going to do DNA testing?

5. hey, where is a will there is a way! obviously her instinct of reproduction is very strong! i think you would end up with quite a nice foal out of this situation!*#)
    In a dog scenario I know of a German shepperd bitch who lay down for a mini dutchhound, all the pups looked like very long black and tan corgies.*#)
    Please post pics when your treasure is born, Ok?:p

6. sil

sil Gold Member

Serious question; why was she yarded right next to a stallion? Was it just the thought that because he was so small and she was 14hh, that they would be too incompatiable to breed?

Also is there a reason you decided to let her carry it instead of needling her?

Sorry for the bad spelling and I know I can't ask those questions without it sounding critical, but I am very curious. Tell me to butt out if you like.

7. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I, also, wondered why she would be stabled/yarded there, but figured it was for teasing purposes??

What I don't understand is how he was able to serve her through that ringlock ';'

8. Gamblin Paint Bred

Gamblin Paint Bred Well-known Member

EVP no one witnessed the deed but when the time came to breed her to Bobby she flatly refused and we had no idea why, she actually tried to beat Bobby up it actually took a while before we realised what might have happened so that sorta answers your question too SIL she was quiet a way into the pregnancy before we actually realised and she wasn't yarded next to him we had a fence failure and thought that although he was next to her for a short time we thought nothing would come of it how wrong were we. We only have two stallions here and well I know it wasnt the big one.
    After the initial shock we actually decided that as HP was expecting a little girl at the time and well they were looking to purchase a pony for her down the track for her that we had inadvertantly cut out the middle man so to speak and as HP wishes to keep the foal there isn't really an issue with homing it and as both are Tobianos and black the possiblity of a black patchy pony is very high :D
    I would like to say now that this was not done on purpose so please can we just keep it on track as HP is very very excited to be expecting a new pony for her Daughter from her very very much loved mare :)*

Wattle it is straight wire he was not in the paddock that the photo is taken he was in the front paddock and the fence between our front paddock and arena was damaged by some high winds that we had so when I got home from work tada he was in the arena no idea how long he was in there for

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  9. Babe the standy ROCKS

Babe the standy ROCKS Well-known Member

I can`t wait to see the foal.:D A very interesting mix indeed.:D Please put up pics when he or she is born.

10. EVP

EVP Gold Member

So did you only suspect after you tried to rebreed her the 2nd time?

I think even at that point a needle would have been OK to do as embryos don't implant until on or after day 15........

Nature is tricky, science turns tricky into an easy fix.

11. Happypaint

Happypaint Well-known Member

After careful consideration we decided to allow the pregnancy to continue. Nature has a way of bringing happiness and special things into our lives. We are well aware that not everyone will agree with our decision but we are happy about it and looking forward to our impending arrival.

Thankyou to those who have given positive feedback :)

12. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

GBP, I only asked out of curiousity of logistics :D I am pretty practical that way :))

13. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

I have heard of stallions getting to mares in bizarre ways..but this takes the cake LOL
    Really would be interested to see what the result is ;)

14. lorna007

lorna007 New Member

Amazing, I would have never thought that possible.

Good luck with the foal, can't wait to see pics. :))

15. Gamblin Paint Bred

EVP we didn't breed till November as my paperwork to upgrade my stallion for breeding purposes had been held up with the PHAA ( a whole nother story that one is) and even though they said it was ok to breed without the papers I did not as there is a rather large fine and well I wanted the upgrade papers in my hands before I did anything so she was a bit further in than 15 days lol :D

Lol Wattle I still can not work out the logistics either :D We have lots of electric fencing now too :eek:

When the foal arrives there will be heaps of photos I can promise you that lol :D

16. Mares are by far worse!*#)
    One of our mares used to jump 6-8 fences, leaving her mates behind and travelling 4000 acres to get to our boys. When we locked her in a stall, she jumped out over the door!*#) She wanted to be bred regardless!
    Gamblin, you don't have to explain your fencing to others:), the mare could have easily jumped over it for a nookie and then go back to her paddock!;)
    I hope it will be a black and white corker!:))

17. samm

samm Gold Member

I've always said where there's a will(y) there's a way.*#)
    Good luck with your mare and foal.Even though it's a mating I wouldn't probably do the fact it's happened you have to move forward and therefore I hope everything is well with both mare and future foal.
    No point looking in the past ,you have to look for the future.

18. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

I cant wait to see the new little arrival!!!

pics most definately!!!

congratulations...

19. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Awww my god its gonna be so cute.. Hopefully its tall enough to reach mums milkbar when its born.. :p
    Aww I don't think I can wait months to see this.. I hope its a B&W filly!
    Lol. My guess.
    Wouldn't it be wierd if somehow she had a little mini who wasn'tuch bigger than her dad? I guess it could go both ways..?

20. Gamblin Paint Bred

You are so right samm where there is a willy lol but it wasnt a planned breeding and as you say whats done is done and there has been many many discussions about the empending foal but to tell you the truth I don't know of a more wanted accident this foal is going to be loved and spoilt to with in an inch of its life and I reckon its gonna be a ripper.

Thankyou Coli and mares are very norty lol and her want to have a baby was nothing less than a force 10 mission we have a little mini foal here (that got into the paddock once same damn fence after the BIG Storm) and she mothers it to death she hides the mini under her so none of the other mares can get her lol I have a paddock full of tarts and wanna be mothers makes foaling interesting.
    Coli I have two mares in particular Elle and Charm and when Charm foaled Rebel both mares cleaned and loved him( I did put up photos) and Elle kept all away for 6hrs after he was born she even told me to rack off so I think my mares (mini and mega and visiting) ALL love being mums gotta be happy with that :D

Thankyou everyone for you well wishes and we will keep you updated on our progress

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.