Warren Agricultural - Results!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by celestialdancer, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

What a gorgeous photo of a really cute combination!! It looks like she had a great time!

2. that is a gorgeous photo CCF :D

just lovely :)

3. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

wow ha.

I went on Saturday because it was the ponies first show. I also went because it is a local country town show. I didn't want a ribbon. That wasn't my aim for the day. My aim was to get the pony in there, and have some fun, so that she learns what it's about.

I wasn't turned out correctly - sorry. I didn't have the HiPo jumper, I didn't have a hat to wear. My pony was in her paddock halter because we had a slight wardrobe malfunction on the morning. Oops. Sorry for being safe and using her normal halter :(

Also, I was told that once the pony turns 1yr, she's meant to be in a bridle - this is incorrect. Highland Pony mares can be shown in a white cotton webbing halter UP UNTIL they turn 3yrs of age, after that it is a choice between webbing halter and a bitted bridle. Gracie is 2.5yrs. So bridling her is unneccassary. It's in the breed standards for turn-out, I read it, but perhaps the judge misread that section.

4. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

My comment was in reply to Mod 1 Nannygoat not the judge.

5. CCDC

CCDC Well-known Member

Wow.
    Well, I've been hanging around the show for a while now... Organizing the hacking and once upon a time the show jumping also but long before that used to compete as well!
    Sadly I could not be there on Saturday however I had on going reports throughout the day from my mother and sister who ran the hacking how things were going. We were very happy with the turn out of ponies in the hacking however lacking in the hack ring but it seems to change each year one is always bigger than the other!

It's a lot of effort to run a show... People don't realize until they give it a go. Well done Peta for all your efforts over the past three years and of cours Dianna for everything you have done for the show in the past!

I wish I could have brought my girl down for a burn in the breed section, maybe next year if she isn't too in foal!

Would love to see some more results and photos from the day, I was sent some mobile images of the colored FWB and the SOS pony as they were my sisters top picks in the breed ring. Heard about the beautiful led line ponies we had in the hack rings as well!

Well done everyone.. Hopefully we still see some of you next year!

6. cosycreekfarms

cosycreekfarms Active Member

Some of our SOS Line up
    [​IMG]
    SOS Horse
    [​IMG]
    SOS Pony..who also went onto win SOS Inhand Exhibit
    [​IMG]

7. cosycreekfarms

cosycreekfarms Active Member

Breed Section will be moving to the Warren Equestrian Centre in 2012...and will include Unofficial Hacking, Dressage, Mounted Games, Showjumping, Overnight camping with yards, wash down bays, hot showers and so so much more!!!!
    Official Hacking at this stage will still stay at the showgrounds.:)
    Hope all those that enjoyed the show join us!:)

8. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

I thought you did a great job Peta, it is hard to organise a horse show - I know this only too well lol!

I tried to be as helpful and as encouraging as I could on the day - numbers were a little down but other than that I got the impression that everyone was there for a bit of fun and a day out, so in the spirit of a country Ag show, I judged accordingly.

I thought the SOS's were deserving winners!

It also seemed that this was a lot of people's first show - I hope I made it an enjoyable experience for them :)

9. KC Quarter Horses

It seems you dont get it either Coliban

This has nothing to do with Warren Horsemans Club. There were people from all over the SW and even Perth. However the SW competitors came to support the show.

People are also very busy this time of year so unless they are people who regularly show they just do not have the time to put into preparing a horse as it should be. However every horse was clean and well groomed.

If the people of both the WHC and the WPC decide that they might be interested in showing in the future then I am sure the committees of those clubs will do something for them. I am also pretty sure that if they did decide to do that they would get someone much closer to home than a Perth judge.

In regards to QH, there was one 16 yr old gelding from Donnybrook. A lovely big buckskin gelding. His owner is 10 weeks of having a baby, so the opportunity to take her boy out and do a bit of in hand was a way to spend time with her boy as she is unable to ride at the moment.

I was going to take a mare but she got a stone bruise 3 days before the show and was foot sore. So she stayed and Harry went instead as I also sponsered a couple of classes and felt we needed to be supportive.

10. KC Quarter Horses

CDA .... you did a super job and were very helpful and encouraging. Also said what was good and what needed improvement. I heard Cav was also.

The only objection has been to comments made by Cav after the event that many feel should not have been said. Fine if you want to discuss it amongst friends and family, but to come on a public forum and make a generalisation like that casts doubt over all and spoils what was a great day for many people.

11. Emma16

Emma16 Well-known Member

CDA, I was very happy with the feedback I got from you on my filly **)

And to think I pulled her out of the paddock 3 days before hand and clipped her and washed her and came along *#)

12. Why do you think I don't get it Kc!';'

I doubt that ANY judge would comment on a public forum if he/she didn't have the best interests of the community at heart. Take what's been said on board and try to improve the show for next year.
    I see it as a great chance for the committee of WHC and W. Pony Clubs to run clinics and educate the members. I fail to see why not.:)*

13. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

And not just limited to country clubs! A lot of people don't know how to ride a figure 8 in a hack workout regardless of location - although nerves possibly play a bit of a role at first shows ;)

Some of the clubs who run gymkhanas might find a "how to show" clinic with small competition afterwards would be a good fundraiser **)

14. farfromhome

farfromhome Well-known Member

Congrats to everyone !!

As far as i can see everyone had fun and the pics ive seen they looked lovely

**)

15. jlnew

jlnew Well-known Member

as someone who will be joining ht WHC comittee in th near future, i can assure you that th idea WAS already in th planning, but only a couple of WHC members are interested in attending local shows. as a club, im not show holding a clinic for 2 or 3 ppl is financially viable.
    hopefully we will have more interest in that sort of clinic next year.

16. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Have it as an open event not one limited to club members :) And state on the info that if not enough nominations are received it will be cancelled with a refund given.

17. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

Thats a really good idea, and I for one would certainly be interested in helping out at that sort of clinic/event.

18. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

This is the only pic someone managed to get of my girl..Unfortunately very blurry...Im just waiting to see if someone else managed any....

[​IMG]

19. Good thinking mirawee!:)*

The idea is to get the best people in the industry, not the closest:)))

20. Eventer4Ever

Eventer4Ever Well-known Member

I have to say, good in you for standing up and saying something in regards to the conformation of some horses out there cav.
    When my mum and I entered the breed show circuit, we were shocked to see the amount of badly conformed horses out there! And they're winning too!
    And being in the Arabian ring, we had a judge who said straight up to my face that my horse (who was extremely well behaved and had lovely conformation) didn't win because she was too quiet. We were placed below a number of horses who paddled to an extreme or who's legs were horribly conformed. And the reason they placed above us? They were 'flashier' and more fired up.
    It's good to hear that there's still judges out there that still find conformation very important in judging.