Wanneroo Jump Day 17th of August

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by little_welsh, Jul 23, 2008.

1. naughtydog63

naughtydog63 Well-known Member

I take it the plead to the Horsemans didn't work then. lol

2. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Come on Princeton, if Boofhead and I are going you can jump on Mt Toby!!

3. little_welsh

little_welsh Well-known Member

Just wondering how everyone went. its probably a bit early lol. but my day was cut short before i even got there. i walk up form my place and about halfway i started feeling really sick like vomit sick so i got off and led him and then i chucked up three times and then when i got there i chucked four more times so mum took magic home and me home :(

4. aww that sucks hope u get beter

yer how did everyone else go

5. naughtydog63

Aww no good dude! I was wondering why you weren't there. I only just got home. It's all Princeton's fault! :p I had to hear about her fantastic lesson and weekend LOL! Very happy with how he went. Of course he got a few poles but we didn't reufse anything, even though the 1.05m was kinda BIG! I was very happy that we got around both times with NO refusals! Go JAG PONY!

6. Imperial

Imperial Well-known Member

Argh!!! my back is killing me!!!!!!!:(

i'll uplaod the photos when show horse & event photos will log me in**)

7. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Well lets just say my day was a good learning curve and Laina and Nik need alot more showjumping day practice:p

Apart from our blue ribbon in the blue ribbon round (hehehehe:p ), we had a very average day. Had 2 refusals in the 75cm and a fall in the 90cm (although I swear that hedge jump was so way bigger! LOL). I think pony was pooped by the 90 and I blame myself for putting an unfit pony through it - not very fair. I'm still proud of the fat grey thing, and I learnt alot but need alot more practice before I start being a proper competitor hehe:D

Thanks Stacey for your support, muchly appreciated! AND I still need to pay you for that breastplate... woops:rolleyes:

8. Imperial

Imperial Well-known Member

i LOVE my new camera!!!:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Starbe

Starbe Well-known Member

they are nice pics! first one is my fave, shame about the jump wing in the way. Hope everyone had fun!

10. naughtydog63

Nicki:

[​IMG]

Riffraff:

[​IMG]

Jag:

[​IMG]

remind you of another stockies pic?
    [​IMG]

really liked the colours of this:
    [​IMG]

The jump is HUGE! Go Jag.

[​IMG]

11. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

The first picture of Nicki is so colour co-ordinated! Jump matches horse/horses colours hehe :D

12. naughtydog63

More pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Great photos everyone.
    I literally walked in the door now.
    Harry was great, we had two great rounds.
    the 60cm clear round we went clear until the very last jump when I looked down and Harry hesitated and boom knocked the rail DOH.
    THE AM7 60cm we went clear with time penalties - I was happy; All I wanted from the day was to get harry to load and travel well on the float to go around clear and not fall off.

I learn't many things, firstly a simple apple mouth straight bar will not work for Harry and I right now, I need to ride more assertively and sit back after a jump to bring him back under control. I didn't do this on the first round but on the 2nd it was much better - still not pretty lol but better.

the OH and Coda_cowgirl got a heap of photos which I will upload in a tick, and as long as I don't look like a giant pimple on Harry I may post some - Wore my new hacking jacket which is still a little tight but quite comfortable to ride in; and gives me more inspiration to continue on the weight loss. I am sure that there were some people that thought what is that fat chick doing on that poor horse and to those people I simply thought Bite me. I am proud of what I have achived in the past 6 months and in the past 2 weeks after our fall and I know that this is just the start to a great relationship with Harry.

14. Starbe

Starbe Well-known Member

good on ya andhi! will look forward to pics

15. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

Oh Andhi! You should be so amazingly proud of what you have achieved - Not just with Harry but with Jazz too. You are an inspiration. Don't give up - I know you won't, I know that you will continue on your amazing life changing journey.

Those people can go and get stuffed. Just because they are twigs doesn't mean anything. Twig size - Is ugly! ROFL

Good job with little Harry.

NIICKKKEEELLLLOOODEEEEOOON!! Omg chicky, well done! You guys looked brilliant! Look at those heights! eek! So proud! I hope you arn't to sore tomorrow! Your little pony is gorgeous. hahaha

16. wildsteel

wildsteel Well-known Member

anyone know how courtney and cocos coco went?

17. naughtydog63

Lol, Andhi! Well done mate. You and Harry looked great mate, and not out of control at all and he seemed well behaved and looked excellent. I guess it's a very individual thing though. :) Just confidence from here on up mate.

I didn't think you looked bad on him at all. Well done!

18. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuse me Miss Naughtydog, but WHO said I gave you permission to post piccies of me face pulling on a public forum?? Huh? Huh?? :p I LOVE them!! Thanks so much! I shall be off to the printer sometime this week hehehe (that is, if you don't mind?)

Hehehe thanks my little Spid:) Still got a very long way to go, but I do love my fatty grey lump of lurve:D (Bloody Dockers, hey?! Grrrrrr)

And Andhi, GOOD FOR YOU!!! You have done amazingly well with losing the weight and you proceed to do so! What an achievement and journey - and it still isn't finished! I look forward to the day that you come out onto the eventing field with us:)* I think Harry is such a lovely boy, and he looked so calm and steady for you today, so congrats! You should be oober happy with yourself and the big carrot eared boofhead teehee;)

19. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Well done everyone!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT Go Jaana!!! I'm so glad you went and I can't wait to see the photo's of you two!!! Congratulations on your great effort!

20. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

hehe Thanks guys :)
    I appreciate your support and kind words.
    I had a look at some of my photos and actually cried - how on earth did I allow myself to get to this weight? So I am printing one of the horrible ones up and sticking it on my fridge and pantry door - just as a reminder.

Harry was very very strong, and very keen and fresh. He is a horse that you really have to ride you can't just be a passenger. He did come back when I asked him to, but we need to fine tune it without loosing impulsion.

It was lovely seeing so many stockies :)

Here are my favorite three photos of Boofhead and I taken by Coda_cowgirl and my OH.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]