Wanneroo Horse & Pony Club - Beginners Hack Day

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Janet, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Janet

Janet Guest

Nothing with a chain.:) any type of snaffle are fine. I have PM'd you

2. Dharma

Dharma New Member

Hi Janet,
    Is measuring SHC and EFA ? I have a couple of official ponies that need updating before Wanneroo ag.

3. rmwgirl4eva

rmwgirl4eva Well-known Member

Hi Janet

Is entering on the day allowed.

And what is the address for the show. It doesn't say on the program

We are so excited. It should be a great show.

Cheers

4. wild gurl

wild gurl New Member

whooo its now 4 days =D =D =D bahahaha im getting really really excited lol

janet how many people have entered for ring 5?????

5. rmwgirl4eva

Hi wild gurl

My daughter is going in ring 5.

6. wild gurl

wild gurl New Member

its an offical measuring person so efa getting proper height certs so ur ponies will be fine for the wannerro ag =D

7. wild gurl

wild gurl New Member

ohhhhhhhh yes =D cos the way it was goin there was only me and 2 of my friends lol and where all 17 and in all the same classes so its good to hear its not just us =D
    im sure alot of people will be enterin on the day as well tho =D

its on the corner of benumi road and nicolas road just after the pacing thing u cant miss it theres a big whpc sign out the front =D where are u coming from RNW??

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  8. rmwgirl4eva

my daughter is 13 so different classes. Its her first time cantering at a show. If you see a very fat arab cross and a girl that looks like she doesn't have a clue. thats them.

say hi they dont bite. lol

9. wild gurl

wild gurl New Member

i sure will =D she'll do fine im sure of it ...... i will come say hi not a problem =D

well my horse is an eventer and ive only been riiding for a about 2 years so i think we will be a bit al over the place. c i love hacking but being a TB he thinks different doesnt really like it but we do ok at it =D its a great day out for everyone

10. rmwgirl4eva

Will def say hi. Jacintas other horse is a tb. She adores him but decided to take chippi. As long as you have fun thats all that matters.

11. Janet

Janet Guest

Official measuring will be SHC & EFA starting at 8am.
    WHPC - crn of Benmuni Road and Nicholas Road. Wanneroo

Gates will be open from 7am.
    I have about 55 entered so far. Entries on the day are fine but will incur a $10late fee.
    If you pm me you details i will put you on the entries sheet then you wont have to pay the late fee. :)

Cheers
    Janet

12. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

janet put cara down in 1st ridden and do u still need erin?????

13. Janet

Janet Guest

Thanks LB, I think were ok. unless Erin would like to do some pencilling?
    Regards
    Janet

14. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

55 people we are getting there janet. are they well spread out over all the rings nicely?

15. wild gurl

wild gurl New Member

whoooo only 3 days to go its getting closer and im soooo excited =p

16. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Are adults allowed on ponies Janet?

17. Janet

Janet Guest

Hi Cav,
    Adults are most welcome on ponies but common sense must prevail, I would hate to see anyone bigger than 53 - 55kg on a little pony (under 12.2)
    Cheers
    Janet

18. Janet

Janet Guest

yes they are not to bad..Lead rein still has low numbers but there may be more on the day. :)

Entries on the day still welcome

19. magic_impact

magic_impact Well-known Member

Just a random thought... For beginners days, sometimes it would be good to have some more experienced showies around. Does anyone think (maybe in the future) that it would be good to have one official rider per ring, riding HC, as someone you could talk to and ask questions and get tips from. If they wore a little sash or pin then anyone would know why they were there. Maybe it would get more people talking and meeting and encourage some of the people there to 'see what its all about' to get more into showing? Or could do some good dispelling the ideas that official showies are 'snobby' or cut-throat competitive etc. Just a thought anyway...

Edit to add - or maybe not even on a horse, just wandering around talking to competitors and helpers/spectators.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  20. rmwgirl4eva

We are so excited. Is a black hacking jacket ok. Its the only one we have.