Wanneroo H&PC Working Hunter

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Late Starter, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Late Starter

Late Starter Well-known Member

Anyone planning on going to this?

I'm going to do the unofficial one but have to do the 70cm jumping due to Benny's size so will have to do a bit of training with him to get up to that height (we tend to go through that height rather than over at this stage ;)). Hope it's a fun day (well if your watching me you'll sure get a giggle cause if we manage to get through the jumping without getting eliminated I'll be lucky to get a fast canter out of Benny let alone a gallop :D)).

Good on Wanneroo for having unofficial Working Hunter as well as official; I've been wanting to have a go at it but Benny nor I are def not official competitors.

2. horse girl Jess

horse girl Jess Well-known Member

When is it? Is the program on the 'other' site? They are really nice grounds there, it's a nice club.

3. tilda

tilda Well-known Member

ls on the entry forms im pretty sure maximum height for hacks is 85cm, 70cm is the minimum height

but ill be there doing unofficial :)

4. tilda

tilda Well-known Member

yep programs on the 'other' site :)

5. Janet

Janet Guest

It should be a great relaxed day. All riders will be given a draw time so not waiting around for ages.
    Usually only 2 jumps at maximum height, all the others will be lower**)

We have sponsors for every height class now, for the official and Unofficial
    Rugs and trophies... yay.

We ran this event last year and only had 23 riders over 8 height classes. :p

If anyone wants me to email them a program just send me your email address.
    Cheers
    Janet

janet.innes@bigpond.com

6. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

hmm hey janet just an odd question

can me and my sister compete on the same horse?

if she jumps say 60cm can i jump the 45 or lower because im a wuss?

really want to do it this year as i was sick the year before. now this year libbys out. i think its a conspiricy

7. Janet

Janet Guest

If you wanted to jump lower than what the height is for your horse you would have to do it HC (Non Competitive).
    and if i have to jump 85cm... on my scary ride, i'm sure you will be ok :)
    cheers
    janet

8. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

We will be there with our Galloway who has never jumped anything except a log in the bush so should be interesting*#)

Janet who are the judges please?

9. Janet

Janet Guest

Jump Judge: Christina Slater

Flatwork Judge: Diane Bennit

Keely will be fine or are you jumping...LOL :D

10. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

I might be going with the fat grey one :p Unofficial... Sounds like a fun day out.

11. chick_with_a_chainsaw

ok will have to check and see if im game to jump his height class. but both riding the same horse is ok?

12. Janet

Janet Guest

Look I know some may argue that it would be an unfair advantage to have the same horse do the course twice. I also know the riders and both are unofficial and are just happy to get around the course. **)

If anyone else wants to do the height with 2 different riders on the same horse then pay 2 entries and go for it. Providing you are unofficial **)
    I think we need to encourage people to have a go at this great class, otherwise i can see it disappearing.

If it wasnt for the unofficial entries last year we wouldnt be running one this year. We only had 5 official entries last year. Not enough to cover the cost of our judges.
    cheers
    janet

13. chick_with_a_chainsaw

14. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

I might be taking my boy.

Janet, would you be able to email me a program please? solomon.1992@hotmail.com

Thank you.

15. Dashbabe

Dashbabe Well-known Member

ohh this sounds like fun!

might give it a go :)

16. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

LOL Definitely Keeley riding not me! Party jumped a 20cm log today in the bush but cleared it by about 80cm scared the living crap out of me*#)

17. Secret85

Secret85 Well-known Member

When is this?
    Do certain height horses/ponies have to jump a certain height?

18. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Correct **)

Ponies up to 12.2 hh – maximum jump height 30cm
    Ponies over 12.2 hh to 14 hh – maximum jump height 60cm
    Galloways over 14hh up to 15 hh – maximum jump height 70cm
    Hacks over 15 hh – Maximum jump height 85cm

It's on July 5th :)

19. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

Hey Nickelodeon, I wonder if we are allowed to go to this one. I would really like to do it with Solly.

20. Valencia Park Monty

Valencia Park Monty Well-known Member

CWAC - there is always my boy you can take! :) he is currently sitting around doing nothing :)
    Working hunter jumps are different to your standard show jumps so im sure you will be right jumping your sisters pony at the 'higher' height :) and like Janet said only about 2 of the jumps are at maximum height - just close your eyes and grab some mane :)
    Glad your doing Janet on Miss Holly please get some pics and please Party you need to get some pics of Party jumping :)