Wanneroo Beginners Day Results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Its Party Time, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Karijini

Karijini Well-known Member

Wasn't riding at this show, just bought the camera and I was a strapper slave for my friend KathyVE who was also in your ring. I had a red polo shirt on and was sitting just up from Oldhack at the far end of the ring. I met you at Perth back in Feb when you were riding chestnut boy (sorry I've forgotten his name) and my boy was a bit nutty *#)

Your newbie is simply lovely, you will go far with him, lovely turnout too :)*

2. Beanie

Beanie Well-known Member

How did you not place Kimaley! Lol, you look great, as does your beautiful horse **)
    He is a stunner and I look forward to seeing you in the official ring where he will do so well.
    Everyone who was there looks like they had a lovely time, and all so well presented! :D

3. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

I remember meeting you at Perth :) You should have come said hello! Thanks again for the photos! I will take him official at Riverside, he isn't really ready with his canter work but I think its a better place for him to learn.

Thanks Beanie, I wish I knew. Would have liked to have been told actually cuz it certainly left me scratching my head. Never mind, I was super proud of my boy and placed him where I think he deserved in my head and went with that :p

4. Janet

Janet Guest

Beginners Day

Just wanted to thank all the wonderful Volunteers, judges and riders for a lovely day.
    I died from cute in the leadrein ring. Such adorable children, an absolute please to judge.

Unfortunately we have tried having 2 separate rings for the adults and we were crucified for it. We had complaints galore about lack of room ect ect.

I decided to run both in the one ring, one after another. I did put it on stockyard that the rings would run that way.
    I also had very low number in the pre entries for the adult rings, so it was all looking good. Unfortunately we had a huge number of adults turn up and enter on the day. As the organizer there wasn’t much I could do.
    We also had 2 judges cancel on the Friday.... Ah the joys of putting on a show **)

All in all I think it was a great day.
    Thank you to our sponsors for their generous support.

5. kathyve

kathyve Active Member

And a great big thanks to Karijini - I would have been so unorganised if it was not for you..... Kept me in line, finished all that I had forgotten, ensured I had water and cooled my nature (all day as well)...

Thanks and love all the photo's

I can not believe that a pony such as FF who came from being dumped in a paddock in the middle of nowhere in which the original owner said was un-ridable. Well a number of months later, but mostly alot of TLC and I am amazed at what you get - such a gently horse, very honest and willing. Even though the OH said he looked gay all dressed up - boys should not have plaits.

5th in Best presented (even with that tail)
    2nd in rider (you could have given me last and I would have been over the moon)
    Not so good in pleasure hack
    Handy Hack - after pleasure did not even try this one
    1st in pairs

A mixed bag but fantastic for his first ever event and/or outing of this nature.
    Thanks again Karijini . :D:D

6. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Firstly, a huge congratulations to Janet and her team for organising this show...what a turnout!!! (maybe its a good excuse to get the committee to finally do something about the crappy parking arrangements!

Congratulations to all who competed. And thanks to the lovely couple with the coffee van for keeping me replenished with those yummy mocha and citrus flavoured frappe's (slushies) all day!!! MMmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm!!

I have a few photos with other peoples children in (which I had permission to take) but obviously cant post so here are the ones I could. **)

Cara Tierney & Bamborough Savanna - Liverbirds Daughter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Savvy & Neve having a Kissy kissy before pair of ponies!!
    [​IMG]

Supreme Walk/Trot First Ridden - Isobel Dobson's pony
    [​IMG]

Supreme ??
    [​IMG]

I have photos of another supreme winner - a chestnut with pink/blue garland if anyone knows who it is?

7. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Gorgeous photos Cav. If Bamborough Savanna is missing, he isn't at my place :p

Janet, what was the name of the judge that ended up juding the adult ring?

8. Janet

Janet Guest

Hi Kimaley,
    The judge was R.Strickland. The poor bugger ended up with huge numbers. She did a fantastic job, didnt even stop for lunch.
    Regards
    janet

PS Your horse is stunning, I'm sure you will do very well with him.

9. Cav

Cav Gold Member

oooo when I start riding again next year that means I can compete at this show next year!!! :) woohoo!!!! :)*

10. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

our liddle savvy is a stunning boy and my liddle cara is sooooo cute

11. Cav

Cav Gold Member

little savvy? you mean big fatty savvy :) **):p;):D:))

12. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Thanks Janet.

13. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

liddle big fat savvy then hehehehe

14. Janet

Janet Guest

You sure can :)* I'll give you a buzz as I didnt catch you on Sunday.

A Huge Thank you. The Garlands looked fantastic :) Much appreciated

Cheers
    Janet
    :))

15. Cav

Cav Gold Member

You are most welcome Janet, it was lovely to see the look on some peoples faces, especially the kids that have never won something like that..it was priceless and worth staying to watch :) (apart from the slushies that I couldnt part with!)

Will drop the invoice in your letterbox some time this week. **)

and I just have to comment what what I considered the cutest combination on the day was a little shetland decked out in all purple with a little 2yo rider and grandma leading....it was so delightful to watch!!

16. lucky

lucky Well-known Member

Cav-the other supreme photo may be of Jumpoffs horse,who won supreme in the WTC adult ring-had a brown and cream browband on!!!!
    Would love to see a photo if it is,as I had left by then,so haven't seen any photos yet of her!!!
    Cheers!:))

17. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

A couple of photos thanks to Bell the Babe :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Copy of pic of chloe..Thanks to CWAC's Mum..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Cav

Cav Gold Member

No this was a little chestnut pony with a red/navy browband - when i asked i think it was something Innaminka??:confused:

20. beaudacious

beaudacious Well-known Member

the last photo with the blue and yellow garland was of the person who beat me in the adult w/t supreme. cant rememeber their names but she was really good **)

thanks heaps for the pic karijini, he looks awesome in it :)*.if anyone else has pics of me on my little bay standardbred (branded 81 on his left shoulder) that they wouldnt mind sharing can you please pm me as my good camera's battery died after the first class :(