Wanneroo Beginners Day Results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Its Party Time, Nov 2, 2008.

1. BeccaBoo

BeccaBoo Well-known Member

Thanks BEB and Nick :D:D Thanks to BEB who made his browband, it looked stunning!
    Yes, very pretty plaits. I had my professional plaiter do them for me. Cost me a McFeast meal :p Mum hasnt lost her touch. It was my plan all along. 'Hey mum... can you plait for me?' 'No' 'Please?' 'I cant be bothered' '*sigh* alright'..... *Becc goes to plait pony up, looks pathetic* and Mum just cant resist plaiting him because once she SEES someone doing it she wants to do it... and she seriously cant bear the thought of my poor pony going out in public with bad plaits. Mwahahaha.

2. Beanie

Beanie Well-known Member

I saw that chestnut with the flashy markings in a pic in this thread and thought..."That looks a lot like She's A Diva". Aren't I smart haha :D
    Lovely horse.
    Congrats everyone. Well done CWAC, looks like you sure did clean up the ribbons out there **)

3. beaudacious

beaudacious Well-known Member

wha? me?

we had a very good day despite my massive stress out before i got on (appologies to everyone within a 10km radius of me... i hate prepping :eek: )

in the adult walk trot ring we got:

2nd best presented
    1st rider
    CHAMPION RIDER
    4th hack 15hh and under
    5th pleasure hack "
    3rd handy hack "
    3rd pairs... beau was hilariously bad, sorry milo22 :(
    and effectively runner up in the supreme :)

beau was very tired by the time supreme rolled around and a few people thought he might have been a bit lame at the very end because he was paddling wildly but luckily he's fine and after checking him over at home and looking back through my photos and video i think the poor bugger just didnt have the energy to get his front feet out of the way... two days of showing was a lot to ask from him :(

id like to say a huge thankyou to whpc and janet for organising such a brilliant show. i had an absolute ball and was really happy to see so many people i know do brilliantly **) also big thankyou to our judge and penciller who were so encouraging and gave lots of positive feedback and to the wanneroo adult equestrian club for sponsoring our ring**)

4. mav

mav Well-known Member

ohhhh some piccies from yestreday of me and the boy!! he did do really well and i am super impressed with him

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. mav

mav Well-known Member

and another

[​IMG]

6. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Ok, just on the comment of perhaps official horses were taking advantage... just in case anyone directed that at my boy... just because he was well turned out and worked well in the ring means nothing, it was his FIRST show EVER under saddle and he was on his toes warming up, I was just lucky he settled in the ring. Now I know he will settle he won't be at an unoff. show again. Being a beginners day I thought it was for horses competing at their first shows and similar.

Ok, now that I have cleared that up, I was VERY proud of Paddy. I had lots of lovely comments on him even when he was being naughty warming up. I started the day wondering how I was going to stop him from becoming airborne only for him to settle so well and work nicely in the ring.

We didn't place a lot, 5th in Smartest on Parade and 2nd in Rider, unplaced in Hack but I don't really care as I wasn't there for the ribbons but he worked faultlessly and looked amazing so I was extremely proud of him.

Bell The Babe, I didn't realise I was talking to you most of the day! I was the one on the big black TB with the small white star :) Your boy went really well, congrats!

Waiting on Oldhack77 for pics, she took heaps for me (thanks Nic!!!).

7. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

You & paddy looked great B..

I wouldnt worry about any comments..You werent breaking any rules etc..Neither you Nor Paddy are official as yet..**)

8. Bell The Babe

Bell The Babe Active Member

Heya Kimaley...no probs lol...I must admit your boy was GORGEOUS...if he's ever missing...it wasnt me!! ;)

And since Mav is soo unhappy with the pics mr took (and I agree thet were baaaaad).....are any of these better?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If not let me know and I'll kill em :)

9. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Any headshots of your boy Btb?

10. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Mav did great Nik.... all in his stride and he is only a baby...... wait til he matures..... gonna be a great boy.... very very proud of you.... have heaps more pics....will send more this arvo babe

Bay - Paddy was amazing and he was turned out superbly and you know my thoughts on how well you did...... I have loads of pics but didnt get home after work until 8ish so will upload them this afternoon for you! He looks awesome

Heidi - thank you so so much for letting me ride Chloe....(I needed a riding fix as havent ridden for a week...... I love her!!! She has the BEST trot for sitting trot I have EVER sat on...... would love to ride her again sometime, and I am not a new admirer..... i have always admired your pony from the time I joined and I told you that :D....... Cant wait to get the pics from Zo!

Pockets.... didnt realise that was you til Mav spoke to you (Mav/Nik the person not Mav the horse..... I hadnt had enough sun to thik the horse was talking to you :D)

Cant believe there were so many stockies there and I never knew it!
    Sorr

11. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

Kimaley you deserved to be there as much as anyone else on the day!
    Well done and look forward to seeing him out next year!
    You are a lovely rider and your horse would of been turned out to Perfection sometimes people cannot see past that cause they have green eyes;)

Congrats to all!

12. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

more piccies. wish mum had got one of libby in her best presented BIG ribbon but she wasnt back from taking munchkin home. thanks janet for looking after my stuff til mum got back.

imperial are you ok after almost being run over?:)*

[​IMG]

donkey ears:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. JessiTrist

JessiTrist Well-known Member

Nikki, Mav looks awesome!!!!

and WELL DONE!

He looks like he moves soo well, youve done a GREAT job with him!

:D:D

14. rmwgirl4eva

rmwgirl4eva Well-known Member

Hi Rach Jewel

Where you pairs with Jacinta? in ring 5. I am Jacintas mum.

15. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Thanks Oldhack! Can't wait to see them :) Glad it wasn't just me thinking it :p

And thanks Heidi and IPT :) It means a lot to me after the day I had yesterday :)

16. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

A couple for taste Bay! Now I am off to work!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Wow thanks!! There is my special boy :) Looking forward to Riverside now :D

18. Jump Off

Jump Off Well-known Member

He is just gorgeous Kimaley :) Mav you and your horse are also looking fab - well done! shame I didn't get a chance to meet you guys.

19. lucky

lucky Well-known Member

Jump-off.............you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)*
    A huge congrats on yesterday-you guys deserve it-you are a very dedicated horse owner who puts in soooo much time and effort to Jesse(and Levi!!)that she is such a little legend now,she is not only a showjumper extraordinare in the making,but a hack as well!!!!!!:p
    I wish I could have hung around to watch it all but work called-lives needed to be saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*#)
    I can't wait to see photos-when I told Lauren this morning that "Aunty Nardia" won a garland yesterday,I'm sure she had a tear in her eye!!!!!!!!
    Speak soon!
    Cheers!:)):)):))

20. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

The fresian belongs to a friend of mine, he is a 3yr old by reitse.

I had a great day on my little grey mare, she was in season, and had to babysit the fresian and another horse from the yard, so I was on her for so long, but I was so happy with her.

We ended up winning best presented, and my rider class, but she had well and truly had enough by then, and was getting naughtier and naughtier as we went on, so I called it a day after 3 classes.

Having to wait for ages for the adult walk trot canter to start was good and bad, I got to help out the girls, but she got so tired, and really wasn't fit enough to be ridden for that long. She has only been in work for a month, and she had 1.5 weeks off in the middle of that with teeth problems, so I can't complain at all.