Wanneroo Beginners Day Results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Its Party Time, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

Thanks! Come and say hi next time, I still can't put a face to your name :p:p

2. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

weeeell, retro. he's definitely fulfilled his part of the contract & he's 6 weeks early. just this weekend we did 2 out of 3 things with floating & riding somewhere once floated.

we spent some time yesterday just float 'training' in and out of the float. i figured out it's easier for me NOT to use the carrot stick so i just used the end of the leadrope to drive him forward & that worked better. he's good in that i can point him in to the float & then just step back & lock up before tying him up the front, so i can do it on my own when needed.

we drove around the block, came home. unloaded whilst my friend did some training too. then loaded up again with my friends horse, closed them both in. both handled that like champs.

he about bounced straight in this morning! i was so impressed.
    he was obviously a tad agitated at the show - so crowded & a lot going on, but it was good that he didn't go to beeyland. just needed a few reminders to remind him where i was. he DID want to spin/circle a bit when we were standing still, but not in a rushy crazy way. any suggestions on that? the flies were a bit aggravating for him as well.

he wasn't so happy with being measured as i thought he would be. he's done crush training loads of times, but he just was not happy with the crush there. he sat back & broke the pine pole behind him. the measurer had about 3 seconds to get him measured too, cos he was just so fidgety.

i was STOKED with his separation anxiety stuff tho. he sang out a couple of times for his float buddy, but he didn't go 'into' himself at all & was present the entire time. he even started to get a bit 'bored' when we were hanging around watching the rings, so i thought it a good opportunity to have a little ride. he had two tanties whilst riding, but nothing unusual for him. i was sort of expecting better behaviour whilst ridden & he felt a tad unpredictable when i asked for forward, so we had a LOT of redirecting instead. but we ended on a nice calm note. so yeah, i reckon just more practice & trips out and about will help heaps.

3. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

goodness me, poor judge. that's awful for her. hope she had plenty of sunscreen on. it is a long day, isn't it?

4. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

you should have said hi i dont bite

thanks and congrats on winning champion hack he went really well and deserved that title:)*

5. mav

mav Well-known Member

iithink i saw you out and about blitzen - if so he looked very calm and relaxed and was taking it in his stride!

its amazing when they do this hey? mav was so darn lazy when i lunged him this morning i was a little worried we may not even be able to trot!! lol

6. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Yes very long day....*#)

Mav...U got that certain pic???

7. Bell The Babe

Bell The Babe Active Member

Okeys...husband was there with his camera buuuut he aint to good ;)

[​IMG]
    This was the walk trot 15H and over......about another 4 riders cannot be seen. I think there was 19 in total......

[​IMG]
    No idea who this lady is but she was lovely :)

[​IMG]

***photo removed at request of person photographed***

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
  8. mav

mav Well-known Member

hmmm that would be me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! although not the most flattering of pics!!!! had no idea who you were but you did really well today.

and i wont have 'the pics' till at least tomorrow mate - gotta get them uploaded from my helper. but trust me they will be shown!! lol

9. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

oooh, there were some SUPER nice horses in your ring, bell. that bay with the chrome is very very nice & i also saw a very flashy chestnut with lots of chrome too. and a nice liver...

OY THERE'S ME!!! hahaha. just noticed that. gosh my horse is very red. i think i should rename him.

and LOLOL, mav! you look SO impressed! how awesome that little mav is all growed up now. he looks very nice. looking forward to more piccies of him, mate.

10. mav

mav Well-known Member

hmmmm REALLY not the most happy expression on my face at all!!!!!!!!! finding it quite amusing actually *#) i dont think i was 'there' when you hubby took those pics!!

11. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

i'd say you're in greece eating olives on the rocky beach.

12. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

Does anyone know what this horse is called?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
  13. Carthorse

Carthorse New Member

:)*Well done everyone - sounds like you had an awesome if not exhausting day!

Go CWAC!!!!! And pocket rocket I hope you kept and eagle eye out for those pesky evil man eating spiders that attacked us yesterday

hmmm anyone hear anything of the beaudacious one????

14. lil bec

lil bec Well-known Member

WOOOT!!! go Jump Off told you that mare of yours would do well, just remember that she is still a showjumper :p any piccies?

15. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

nah....:p once a hack - always a hack!

Mav how did you go or have I missed your results!?

16. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

the beaudacious one did very well she got champion rider and second in her hack. just lucked out on the supreme garland and ribbon as well

no man eating spiders this time but there were man eating (and biting) flies

17. mav

mav Well-known Member

ummm i think i got a completion in the rider class and thats it - not too fazed though mav did wonderful and i am oh so proud of him!!!!

besides that he's not meant to be a hack - he got as bored as i did *#)

18. mad -horse

mad -horse Active Member

The chestnut horses name is She's A Diva and yes she is an offical horse but considering i have competed at a show for over 14 years and are not an offical rider i was aloud to attend

19. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

As long as he was behaved thats all that matters! He looks a lot more mature too, well done :)

20. Bell The Babe

Bell The Babe Active Member

okeys last couple from me :)

[​IMG]

Another of Mav .....I thought it was alovely pic!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]