Wanneroo Beginners Day Results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Its Party Time, Nov 2, 2008.

1. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

*the judge was being polite*

secretly she was thinking how WONDERFUL this GREAT pony would look with a MANE.

2. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

ok ill leave it for next years show season if you want to be my personal plaiter forevery show i do. i hate plaiting:)*

3. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

JUMPOFF! Your Pm sounded like she didn't go well, errrr!! Well done hackie :p !!

4. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

OMG What a very LONG Day!!!! Now i know why i stick to INHAND*#)
    I arrived there at 7am thinking my Ring started at 9am..Well was i wrong...I had to wait till all the Adult W/T Classes were over till the Adult W/T/C classes started..These started around 12:30...So from 9am-12pm Myself and chloe sat under a tree and went to sleep...

By the time our classes came around she was pissed with the fly's and had enough with being there..Dont blame her...Anyway.

Our placings were...

2nd Smartest On Parade
    3rd Rider 25-40
    3rd Hack under 15hh
    4th Pleasure
    2nd Handy Hack under 15hh

I would really like to go back again next time..BUT only if they have 2 Rings for the Adults,Not 1 ring for the Adults & 5 rings for the Juniors....

Well done to everyone else...And CONGRATS To Jumpoff.:)*

5. Jump Off

Jump Off Well-known Member

PMSL....I don't know what planet I am on today.

6. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Also thanks to CWAC For lending me her helmet first thing in the Morn...Then Blitzen for yours for the rest of the day..Thanks Ladies..

Oh and i think Chloe has a new Admire but have to wait for the pics:)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  7. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

it was mums helmat but your welcome glad i could help.:)*

8. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Well I guess most beginners are kids.

Well done to Wanneroo for consistently offering a programme to encourage this group.

I personally feel that the 'beginner' shows are getting a little abused by some combinations.

9. Pockets

Pockets Gold Member

Oh yeah-definitely plenty of that today!!!!!

10. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

I understand that yes there are alot of kids...But also alot of Adults just starting out in the hack ring.

And yes there are some "Not beginners" Out there..But majority were weather it was Horse or rider.

But the Adults numbers in the W/T were huge..

Just 1 more Ring for the Adults is all i was suggesting**)

11. AllThePrettyPonies

AllThePrettyPonies New Member

Agreed #( Saw a couple of horses who have been out competing in the official ring there today.

12. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

wow, congratulations on your supreme!!! that must have been us you were behind. our horses were pretty good (mine not having been floated at all in the 2 yrs i've had him DUE to floating issues too!), but it's a pretty full on environment for a "beginner's show". my guys eyes about popped out of his head when we came thru the bush towards the track & saw all those ponies at the bottom of the hill.

13. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

the best part about the beginner's show there is all the leadline & first ridden. omg, i nearly died of absolute adorable cuteness. some VERY cute little colour combo's as well!

14. retroremedy

retroremedy Well-known Member

Well done Blitzen......great to hear you took the boy up! Would love to hear more of how he went. That is such a great thing after 2 years of having floating issues....a really great achievement!

15. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

What a long day! I agree with Pinto that there should have been more than 1 adult ring. We didn't even start until after 12!
    But apart from that (and the car park!) it was a very well run show
    So thanks to Janet and the Wanneroo ladies. **)

Pickles was such a good boy considering how long we hung around for, I'm so proud of him :)
    I won Reserve Champion Rider and Pickles won Champion Hack!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Congrats to Jump Off! Such a lovely hack you have! You must be over the moon with her!

CWAC I saw you and Libby, she's such a sweet little thing. Congrats on winning Champion Rider too.

Blitzen you should have came and said hello!

16. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Your Boy is lovely Kaisi...

Was nice watching him....Oh and you..You have a very good seat..**)

17. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

Thanks Pinto :D
    I was looking at your cutie too!!

18. mav

mav Well-known Member

well we had a decent day... mav was very well behaved (apart from one small 'moment') and i was proud of the way he worked. was good to meet some stockies - have no idea who it was i was talking to most of the time so i wont list you all!!

left after the hack class - poor boy was getting annoyed with the flies and i was just getting over it all!! i'm thinking i will stick to the eventing side of things!! lol

and i would have to agree with the extra ring thing - in the adult w/t over 15hh we had near on 20 horses!! even if it could be split into height groups instead of just the 2... other then this was a very well put together show!!

19. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

did the same judge do all the adult classes??? that is a very very long & exhausting day for her, if so.

pickles looks just awesome, kaisi. what a stunning poneh!

20. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Yes Same Judge