Wanneroo Beginners Day Results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Its Party Time, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Daxter

Daxter Active Member

No grudges meant, I wish everyone who competes all the best, why do people get so defensive in the horsey world?
    I was not even refering to Beaudacious, I thought we had got beyond all that crap!
    Obviously some people are unable to move on???
    Oh well I guess its best not to ask a question in the future in case people take it the wrong way.#(

2. Valencia Park Monty

Valencia Park Monty Well-known Member

Beaudacious - after how well beau did on Saturday, i'm not surprised that you placed well! This year yopur little horse has come along way!! when i first remember seeing you ride at ARC he was all over the place, and now all the training you are putting into him is finally showing! :)
    I would have competed on Sunday and I have done hack shows etc before but knowing how my horse performs this would have been a perfect show for him. I went to the spring challenge instead.
    These horses have never competed before or been to the odd one or two shows - they are performing very well thats because their owners have put in some very hard work to get them to this quality -a beginners day is the perfect place to see how they react and perform in the show ring - this is all IMO :)*

3. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

i reckon the politics at these shows is becoming far worse than the official ring........AND THAT IS SAYING ALOT ... get over it people..... be happy with your results and move on :)

4. Rach_Jewel

Rach_Jewel New Member

I agree with oldhack
    move on. just because some horses and ponies where presented very nicely and worked very well, doesnt meen that they do not deserve to be there.
    im not trying to make an argument, im just stating my point.:)

5. wild gurl

wild gurl New Member

lol hacking always get very bitchy and defensive is crazy =D but keep smiling and who cares =P my friend has been riding for 6years and has a really expensive dressage horse and she took him there just because they dont do hackin at all and she has only had him for 6months its just a great day out =P i think the only reason a horse and rider shoul not be there is if they are offical and if they are not the everyone is welcome =D

its funny how a horse can look like a professional with just some gromming and plaiting up which makes people question =P

wannaz has always been bad for parking next time we should open up the top near the picture frame jump just for wanneroo members =D

6. Janet

Janet Guest

Hi Daxter,
    I have sent you a pm as requested.
    The car parking was unfortunate, we did have 2 car parking attendants. They did give instructions, which were not followed. I did call over the PA regarding a number of vehicles. We had official measuring on at the same time, we wont be doing that again. We will have a seperate measuring day.
    Any who wishes to protest about the eligibilty of a rider or horse does have the right to put in a protest. As long as the protest is in writing and accompanied by the fee (refundable if upheld)
    There were only a few local PC children there and they did meet the entry requirements. Our official Riders helped out by pencilling ect.
    regards
    Janet

7. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

i reckon. it was a huge event and i wasn't even competnig. i've been told before that i should avoid shows like that - even tho they're for beginners, the numbers are... incredible. i've been to two regular gymkhanas at other venues, and one here too & numbers have been MUCH better & less stressful.

8. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

YUP. i totally agree!!! that combo were SO cute,,, but then, so were all the other leadliners. my goodness. *ded from cute*

9. Omega Conquest

Omega Conquest Well-known Member

thanks so much imperial.. i love that pic of me and baldy! mum just ordered it :)*

10. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Its ok Oldhack, I was apparently having lessons with a western person... Dunno when Paddy turned into a QH and started jogging :p

11. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

its me:)* going to have a look at them all now

12. Vecchio

Vecchio Active Member

Kimaley and Kaisi, I think I got a couple of good pictures of your horses, but I can't upload them at the moment. I'll put them up for you on Thursday.

13. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Yay, thanks Vecchio!

14. rmwgirl4eva

rmwgirl4eva Well-known Member

Thanks imperial

Thanks for the wonderful photos. I am just about to place my order(its huge)

Jacinta had a ball and did so well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Rev Honey Monster

Rev Honey Monster New Member

Hey it was my first ever show and my horse freaked out a bit at the start and we had a massive rear when i asked her to rein back but toehrwise all went well
    2nd handy hack
    3rd in pairs
    4th in hack 15hh +
    and 5th in pleasure hack

I was unable to do the first 2 of my events because Honey refused to enter the ring with out taking off in the other direction!

Was a great day congrats to everyone!

16. Cav

Cav Gold Member

If you want to get technical about this show there was a pony in the first ridden ring that should not have been there and they apparently were entered in the Walk/Trot/Canter but changed rings on the day......now we were against this combination knowing full well what was going on but what is the point of creating a stir when all the kids are having FUN!!! IT WAS A FUN beginners show!! Leave it at that. I hope there are plenty more Janet! My hat off to you.:))

By the way this is a RESULTS thread not a whinge thread...the show has been and gone! Leave it be.

17. chick_with_a_chainsaw

these are the ones i really like imperial. now ive just got to decide the ones i want. hmm which ones do you guys like best?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Cav

Cav Gold Member

The only one of those I would buy would be this picture CWAC :) well done by the way!!!

19. chick_with_a_chainsaw

thanks cav i do love the last one. i had a great day and libby has improved so much this year and so have I.

:)*

20. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Its a great feeling when you feel you have achieved something isnt it CWAC :) Glad you have had a great year with Libby!!**)