Wanneroo Beginners Day Results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Its Party Time, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Imperial

Imperial Well-known Member

hi beaudacious.
    i have a few photos of you and your horse**)
    photos are up on the website Imperial Horse Photography

2. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Gorgeous photos! I have just sent you my rather large order :p

Are we allowed to post the ones on here we like?

3. Imperial

just sent you an email back.

yes you can post the photos you like**)

4. Daxter

Daxter Active Member

Rules

Can anyone tell me what the rules for enroling at the beginners show is. I know that a lot of people there had competed many times at the begginers shows so surley they are not begginers? Even some that have won supreme champion before? I only ask as some people where a little confused as to what the rules are.
    Would also like to ask that someone be put in charge of parking at the next show as there were a lot of probs with floats getting in etc, I noticed a number of ordinary cars parked in where the float access was and some floats parked too far apart, with a bit more organisation I am sure all could have got in quite easily, other than that what a great day thoroughly enjoyed it all, daughter really enjoyed her firsy ever show on a horse she has only started riding 3 weeks ago after being on spell for 12 months, she managed a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and two 5th's.
    Thanks to the organisers, please clarify my questions if poss.

5. Daxter

Daxter Active Member

Daughters pic

[​IMG]

6. Daxter

Daxter Active Member

Picture courtesy of Imperial, thanks.:)*

7. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

In that case, here is my favourite. Have ordered it in A4 for my wall :)

[​IMG]

8. little_welsh

little_welsh Well-known Member

i saw you i was the one holding the little chestnut that wasnt competing.
    just standing around in his rug after measuring lol

9. Jump Off

Jump Off Well-known Member

Great Photo's Imperial, just sorting out what ones to order **)

10. Daxter

Daxter Active Member

Right I remember, he was a strong pony, we asked you what the pairs involved if I remember right**)

11. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Daxter... there aren't really any rules for these type of shows... or at least it is VERY hard to police. Eligibility is really up to the individual entering the show and what their morals and values are like.
    But in saying that, beginner hacks are not necessarily poorly turned out or poorly ridden (I know you didn't say this... this is aimed at everyone). Having the correct gear and being able to do a great plait job doesn't mean you don't belong there.
    For example... Pickles owned by Kaisi... gorgeous horse who no doubt will go on to MAJOR things... he has only just been broken in in the last couple of months, is still a baby and has only been ridden at 1 or 2 shows (that I know of) and that's just in the last couple of weeks.
    Paddy owned by Kimaley is off the track and she is retraining him and this was his first ridden show.
    IMHO both of these horses were more than eligible to be at the show.

I wasn't there so I don't know which horses/ponies you're talking about... I'm purely using these 2 as an example to make my point.

IMHO the horses that should be at a beginners day are:
    ~newly broken horses/ponies
    ~newly off the track horses
    ~people who don't usually do hacking
    ~people who are just getting into hacking and don't know the ropes yet (can be either on a seasoned horse or not)

IMHO the horses that SHOULDN'T be at a beginners day are:
    ~official horses/ponies (with anything other than total beginners or fresh back to riding after many years riders on them)
    ~combinations that have done alot of hacking before

Personally, these days, I wouldn't take my horse to a beginners day. Whilst he is a unofficial horse, we've done a handful of shows now and he knows the ropes and so do I. So I don't feel it's fair for me to go. But when he was younger and only just broken in... yep!!

And in regards to your issue with the parking... I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately Waneroo doesn't have a very good parking facility but it's the best they can do for now.
    When I've been there in the past they have had parking attendants helping to get everyone squeezed in.
    BUT... they need to have the volunteers available to help with parking. If they didn't have enough volunteers then it's just not possible. So I'm guessing that that's the reason behind that issue on the weekend.

Hope that helps a bit.

12. Daxter

Daxter Active Member

Thanks Bethy, have to agree with what your saying about who should enter, I guess its up to the individual, we really enjoyed the day regardless of who won, just being there was fun and an experience and a step on the ladder into the wide world of showing. I knew a number of people there that belong to PC and have done several shows which is why I was asking as they would clearly have an advantage, but we all have to start somewhere. I would probably volounteer to help for things like parking if they wanted but do not know where to go and ask, I think Janet on this forum is the organiser so if she picks this up maybe she can contact me:))

13. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Well said Bethy.

14. beaudacious

beaudacious Well-known Member

daxter, the rules are listed on the show program. horses and riders who have competed official in the last 12 months are ineligible to compete and entrants may only compete in either the wt or wtc rings, not both. as far as rules regarding established show riders being allowed to compete at beginners days its up to the judges and organisers to draw the line... which they did very well on the day. **)

id also like to clear the air as 80% of people on here will know that you are refering to me after a few very kind tipoffs from competitors who were standing unnoticed behind you whilst you were talking about me... ive never won a supreme in my life and only walked away with champion placings on saturday because it was a closed show and class numbers were very low (ie: 2 or 3). i have competed in 2-3 beginner shows prior to this one and every time have had comments about my horse being of lesser quality which leads me to believe that he's more than welcome at these sorts of low key shows **) if beau continues to perform the way he did on sunday then i will start to discuss my eligibility for these sorts of shows with event organisers but until then i will continue to enter the lower level shows **)

also, id again like to ask that you dont not bring up any personal grudges onto this forum. it is unprofessional and considering we have to cross paths quite regularly its not in either of our best interest.

cheers **)

ps: sorry if this is out of line mods.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  15. beaudacious

thanks heaps imperial, i'll go have a look now :)*

16. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Beaudacious... put me in the 20% that had no idea :D but then I wasn't there.
    I wouldn't worry too much mate... if you know in your heart that you deserved to be there and that you're not a "ribbon chaser" then don't worry about what anyone else says or thinks.
    It looks and sounds like the turnout was HUGE so you've obviously done really well to have won supreme out of all those entrants.
    Hold your head up high and be proud.
    Most whinges come from people with sour grapes and stable blindness :D :D (not saying anyone on here is that... just a general observation).

17. AllThePrettyPonies

AllThePrettyPonies New Member

Very well said **)

I would never take any of my Official-aimed newcomers to events like these though, but just a personal preference so no-one take offence. I actually think you would be quite brave to do so, as the rings at beginners shows tend me more chaotic than the official ring. :))

18. beaudacious

lol thanks bethy... i didnt win the supreme though, the other girl in my class was much better than us, we were a bit tired and wonky by then :p

im not overly phased by show politics. ive had my fare share of comments from others over the last yr and a half but i dont care too much as i know that things that are said on showdays arent always meant to sound that way... infact i myself have been caught saying things to people that sound downright rude when i actually meant to compliment them :( its just when things get brought up on stockys that i dont appreciate it.

19. Imperial

Just a few photos from the day :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Imperial