Wally ODE

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Kyara, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Not that I competed :eek: But wanted to share these anyway that a friend managed to snap between her own classes...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

I got elimated at jump 4. in the C grade. I was number 16. So annoyed at we always get elimated at the ditch fences.

Going back down a grade and seeing if we can get around the cross country

3. chante306

chante306 Well-known Member

Nickelodeon, we crossed over to the 10 acre together before my dressage..very cute and antsy ;p

I came 5th in PC E grade
    which is suprising seeing my dressage was feral, but room for improvement is always good :)

4. farfromhome

farfromhome Well-known Member

i know, we thought we jinx you!! we felt terrible
    we were like im prettty sure thats kyara she was soo excited, then one... two.... three faults.... and we were like OMG was that OUR FAULT :(

5. InkibahD

InkibahD Well-known Member

well what a great day i had :) my first C grade on my smokey pony and he was so good :) Dressage was pretty average for us with a 59 but i was all over the place for some reason and just wasnt riding him forward as i was too busy trying to figure out where i was going, lol
    XC was great, he hates ditches and with some encouragement from me he went over number 4 and only hesitated a little at the water, so we got through with no jumping penalties however alot of time penalties LOL ive never got so many time penalties in my life! got 11pens hes just not a mover haha will have to be more on my game and push him harder next time.

showjumping was good, we had 2 rails but he didnt look at a single jump and considering i had to warm up twice and wait around for an hour in between, i was happy :) now i hope that poor girl is ok but i do think we are entitled to winge a little on the day, i mean the ambulance was still there (they hadnt actually left the grounds) so if something had of happened there were medical staff on hand. so im sorry kyara if i sounded impatient while waiting but it was the end of the day everyone was buggered (incl the horses) didnt mean to sound insensitive and it was by no means the fault of the poor girl that came off, i hink everyone was just tired and wished the ambulances could have been more effcient is all.

it was a great event and thankyou to all the organisers for running a great event :)course looked great, love the new jumps that were challenging :) number 4 was scary but for me that really gave the course some edge :) and made me feel like id really accomplished something getting younger horse through :)

well done to everyone

6. InkibahD

what photographer was at wally?

7. farfromhome

:p seems i had the interesting jump hehe

quite a few people ran into tree branches lol.... so if you did it , you wernt the only one

a few people went past the jump opening on the track too and had to double back

lots of entertainment

what happened with the girl who got hurt?
    i only saw one bad fall and the girl got straight back up #( that was between jumps

8. buggalugs

buggalugs Well-known Member

super dooper proud of my lil bay horsey... a gallant third after lying first after xc... he was a little touchy on his feet going into SJ but i think he copped a stone bruise mid course cos he took rails left right and centre from jump 3 (ok he got 3) onwards... and was very hoppy when he came out of the arena :( poor little man!! he just kept going!!! but considering dressage was his 6th ride since october, i am in no way disappointed. we went for the fun of it and he once again proved his heart :) love him to bits :D

9. InkibahD

hes suuuuuuuuch a awesome dude michelle :) definately a keeper

10. buggalugs

buggalugs Well-known Member

always mate - ive had him for the last 10yrs - there is no way he is going anywhere... ever.

and congrats on smokeys awesome effort!! hes a total dude too :D

11. GiGi

GiGi Guest

FFH, I think that was me :eek: I fell just after jump 3, my pony spooked at a girl who fell off at jump 4 ! I wish they had stopped the course before I fell off instead of after !

12. farfromhome

your horse took off and you were on the floor saying she was a b*tch hehe was that you ?
    i loved when you got up and were like ';'

13. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

It was good to catch up with you Chante.

It wasnt your fault. He wanted to do the smaller one and i didnt bring him back in time and then just didnt ride him at it.

I was tempted to ask if i could of jumped the smaller one to get him over then walk back but i wasnt sure if i was allowed to or not.

He was going over fence 4 in the e grade and a little girl on a horse lost control and was screaming, my friend's horse freaked rear then started bucking and she came off and the horse took off. she fell on her head and neck and the hip, heard from her today, she is very sore but ok.

14. farfromhome

i must have missed it, poor thing hopefully she is ok

when i left my jump there was 20 or so riders in e grade to go which was around 4pm

i saw what may be GiGi fall of between jump 3 and 4? cleared jump 3 and was bucked off around 3 strides after that, but the girl got up and seems ok, little sore of course

15. farfromhome

i have no idea :p i have never done JJ before, and i missed the briefing, luckily i was with someone who knew what they were doing lol!!

16. Stormy

Stormy Well-known Member

well done!!!

17. Stormy

Stormy Well-known Member

18. farfromhome

we had an E grader jump the C GRADE JUMP!!!!!
    it was meant to be jump 6 on e grade but they went over the jump 4 ffor c grade instead, luckily they didnt fall, the rider didnt look very old

19. GiGi

GiGi Guest

FFH, don't think that was me then, my pony very politely stayed by my side, patiently waiting for me to get up :) Number 104 was the girl that fell just before us, she had a very swollen face.
    Since I was technically in between jumps, the JJ's from 5 and 6 (who I knew), jumped out to see how I was. I was on my feet within a few seconds, no lasting damage :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2011
  20. farfromhome

i must have missed it completely #(
    or maybe its the girl im thinking of and her injuries were worse then i thought seeing as she did actually get up and seemed ok from where i was