Wally ODE

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Kyara, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

That's no good GiGi.. hope you feel better soon. Don't worry I had a fall at Serpy last weekend at the first jump!! Very embarassing but that's horses for you I suppose.

Hope everyone that had a fall is ok.. GiGi are you coming to the first Murray ODE in a few weeks time?

2. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

I am so happy with my boy. We did a pretty ok dressage test but the score didnt reflect how it felt for me. So I was on 81.1 in 6th.

X-Country, do i need to go there. Those stupid ditches should be killed and not put in the course. this is the 2nd time I have been elimated at a ditch. the first time was a normal plain ditch but this one was jump 4 in the C Grade a ditch then jump but the ditch in front of the jump so we are going to build one at home.

Showjumping, we had a silly stop but i brought him in on a angle and didnt push so that was my fault. but got around and so proud of him.

My friend was the one taken away in the ambulance. I am quite disappointed in a few of the other girls in the C Grade who had to wait for the other ambulance to come incase anyone else got hurt and they just started saying that they should hurry up and get a move on and stuff like that.

She will be ok, she is a tough cookie. A bit of a shame that the reason she fell was because a little girl lost control of her horse and the horse bolted and she was screaming, so my friend's horse reared and starting bucking and she came off, hit her head and her hip. And she had to walk back to the ambulance.

Her horse was the one that freaked out when she got to the showjumping area because her leg was caught in the reins.

3. GiGi

GiGi Guest

Kyara I was warming up for XC when all that happened, that was very tense time, I saw her in the ambulance when I was getting checked.

My pony was brilliant though, dressage only our 3rd one and we got 53.2 penalties and clear jumping, sitting 5th out of 21.

Yes Leon I'll be at Murray, really looking forward to it :)

4. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Awesome, E grade open?? I will be there along with a few other stockies, making a camping weekend of it, looking forward to it as well.

Hope your friend is ok Kyara, sounds like a scary fall.

5. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Awww GiGi, I hope you are ok, its scarey stuff, but I guess what a good pony for not running the other girl over:p Rest up. I hope everyone else is ok too.

6. GiGi

GiGi Guest

I was actually worried about him stepping on me, as I was right near his feet, but he was just standing there looking at me, very happy with that :)

7. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Thats good GiGi, it's always nice to know when they don't run off or are aware of you not to step on you.. I also have thought the last two times I have come off my new boy that he was going to step on me.. but he moves around me and waits for me.. so cute:)

Piccies anyone??

8. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

Cross-Country before I was elimated.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Waiting for showjumping. He decided to have a nap while he could.
    [​IMG]

If anyone got any photo's of us (Number 16) please feel free to post. :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  9. GiGi

GiGi Guest

Your pony is lovely, where did you get eliminated ?

10. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

Jump Number 4 in the C Grade. its a jump with a ditch in front of it. and he is hell scared of ditches so might go back down a grade and see how he goes then.

11. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Hope you are OK Gigi, I saw you walking back and was surprised - you two looked great in the SJ and XC warm-up. Really like your boy.

Hope she is OK Kyara, it is always scary seeing someone taken away by ambulance. The horse getting caught up in it's reins was also pretty horrifying - I really thought she was going to either flip over, or run into the ambulance. She looked a little sore after-wards so hope she pulls up OK.

I know I promised pics Leon, but I can't put them up until I get the cord for the camera later today - sorry :p

Was really happy with Vegas this weekend, he was a star and has come so, so far since last year. Was pleased with my dressage - still some improvement to come but it was nice. Thrilled with SJ, it has really clicked for him now and was lovely to ride. Was also over the moon with XC - he has FINALLY learned to relax and enjoy it, just one silly refusal which was as much my fault as his. Slightly disappointed that we would have finished 2nd without the refusal, but very happy that all our hard work is paying off and that he has improved so much :) D grade here we come!! **)

12. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Well at least the weather was cooler!!

Unfortunately my partner in crime had to scratch, but we went along for the adventure with little Lochie in tow. I was a mounted rider for the day, collecting the XC sheets and had a really good day. It was pony's first "full on" outing, and the xc course sure did open his eyes! Took him a while to settle, the horses exiting the start box gave him a good fright and put him on edge, but am really please that the silly sausage did manage to settle himself down as the day grew on **) We were even sneaky and popped over a jump or two :p So although we didn't compete, I really appreciated the experience and I've realised that the Lochster definitely needs some more outings!

Well done again Lakota **) **) Vegas boy is definitely really starting to shine! And well done Kyara and your group of girls - some really positive things to come out of yesterday :)

13. Omega Conquest

Omega Conquest Well-known Member

We were jump judges on jump 4 and we were admiring your boy :) he is stunning! such a nice face on him :)

14. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Oh thank you!! Despite being a little jittery, he got a few compliments yesterday which really made my day :) Thank you! I would've stopped to chat if I'd known you were a Stockie haha! The poor pony was a little shocked by the big open field :eek: So we tended to stay in the bush area collecting the sheets :p

15. Katt13

Katt13 Well-known Member

Nickelodeon, your horse is so damn stunning,
    he caught everyones attention, you are very lucky :):)
    and i saw him when you first got on he handled it so well and so did you!!

16. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

You did a fantastic job Nickelodeon!! By the end he was settling very nicely and from my own experiences with Vegas, I know that it wont be long until he settles completely and you can both really enjoy yourself. Well done girl, it is not easy to ride them when they are so tense and nervous **)

Ohhh and yes he looked stunning, and was attracting alot of looks!

Here are a few pictures of Vegas:

Meeting Lochie -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. farfromhome

farfromhome Well-known Member

Lakota i think i saw your dressage test :)

Nike hehe yes we were admiring your boy :p
    bright red hair on jump four couldnt miss me hehe !!!

good work everyone

had to eliminate a few people on our XC jump :(

18. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

What jump were you on FFH?

It wasn't our best test, but it was still quite nice. Lots of improvement to come though!

19. farfromhome

farfromhome Well-known Member

i was on jump 4 :) for all grades
    OC was with me

20. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Awww there's the beautiful leggy Vegas! Nice piccies Lakota. He is looking so good at the moment. A real credit to you and your mum.**)