Wallangara 2 Results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by SandownLodgeJelks, Jun 15, 2008.

1. SandownLodgeJelks

SandownLodgeJelks Well-known Member

How did everyone go?
    I unfortunately left early due to getting saturated walking xc. It didnt seem like it was going to be nice or safe weather for riding and the xc course had a little river through it. Much too slippery for my liking. Didnt do very well with my dressage. He was great to warm up then started spoking at everything near the dressage arena and being just silly. The wind was so strong at one point, felt like i was going to fly off my horse lol

2. GiGi

GiGi Guest

good on you for even turning up today !!! That was some nasty weather this morning.............

3. shadowrider

shadowrider Well-known Member

warming up my horse was good but then we had to stand in the pouring rain for over an hour cause my class was late so i couldnt feel my hands and was getting cramps in my legs and puddles in my boots!! grrrrr stinking rain, i didnt have a change of clothes and my horse had had enough and i just couldnt take any more rain and the cc was too slippery any way so i just scratched:( oh well next time...

4. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Well I went as a helper and I'm so glad I was pencilling. I missed most of that horrendous rain because I was in a warm car. Congratulations to the people who did stay as there were lots. The grounds werent as bad as riders expected and it was great for getting horses used to wet conditions. There were no nasty mishaps that I saw and my friend who was in the open D grade got clear showjumping and xc so was extremely stoked with that. All in all a really great day despite the rain.

5. Reg81

Reg81 Active Member

Well i was there today and besides from the weather we had a great day. We got placed in Open D Grade, and would like to congratulate the club for putting on a great event considering a lot of riders left early and took their helpers with them leaving some people to do two jobs. The course really wasn't that bad and you just rode to suit track and conditions!

6. Late Starter

Late Starter Well-known Member

That weather was horrendous and I was really questionning my sanity standing in the pouring rain at 8am this morning watching Jacinta do her dressage test. Despite my please to scratch and then leave before presentations she would have none of it and stayed the day. She went okay with her dressage (although she wasn't happy too happy with Cecil and was in tears), then he ran out in SJ (which he shouldn't have done but there were quite a few that did at the same jump) and then she had time penalties for XC. She still had a great day and ended up 5th in her U13yrs PCAWA E Grade.

I too would have to thank Julie and everyone else for putting the event on and yes there were alot of people that scratched and their helpers went home. Thankfully I helped in the canteen first up this morning where I could stay dry for a couple of hours **) .

Congratulations to everyone else who finished as I think it took guts to continue in that weather or is that *#) ?

7. naughtydog63

naughtydog63 Well-known Member

Thumbs up to you guys who did this event! What a very long day for you all, when did they finish?

8. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Finished at around 4.30-5pm I think ND:D

GAH! What aweful aweful weather! I spent the entire day soaked to the bone and shivering continuously LOL. I had a pretty average dressage test, but was happy overall because I overcame some of my serious 'freak out' nerves hehe and I ended up sitting comfortably in the middle of the pack. By the time xc came around there were already a fair few people on their way home which was a bit of a shame (especially with the poor PC struggling to make up for lost helpers!). Nik and I went pretty blah in the xc, just some silly mistakes on my behalf that cost us refusals and time penalties which I'm a little annoyed at myself about. SJ was great though! Despite my worries, we got around the course nicely, with our only mishap being 1 pole down which was my fault as I lacked the impulsion.

Overall, I had a good day - the weather did make it a little icky though hehe:p I left before the final scores were up but I think from our efforts, and the scratchings throughout the day, me and Nik scraped through with 3rd:D

LS, you may have been in the canteen with my dad! This has been the first event he hasn't been chucked out as a xc jump judge and I think he's VERY thankful LOL:p

9. simbin

simbin Gold Member

I pencilled for that grade. What was her horse/pony name?

10. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Was that your dad in the canteen lol. I ended pencilling and jump judging. It was delayed because they couldnt get enough jump judges and we were never going to get home so I put my hand up :D

11. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Yes :eek: The silly man working in the canteen between 7.30-9.30am was my dad LOL.

Ahhhhhhh Simbin, there need to be a few more volunteers out there like you me thinks**)

12. Late Starter

Late Starter Well-known Member

Hey Simbin, Jacinta was riding her pony Gordon Park Drummer Boy (a 12.2h strawberry roan gelding) and she was first in that class. She wasn't happy about his behaviour but then she'd only ridden him once during the week and he was a bit full of it so really only has herself to blame (but 10 yrs old's can't seem to grasp that fact - or at least she can't :( ).

I was in the canteen from 9am - 11am and I think it was probably your dad that was working the counter whilst I was out the back cooking.

13. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

I had a pretty good day, was leading after dressage, which I had to ride in the wost dowpour of the day, I think I laughed through most of my test at the situation (the things we do for the love of horses!), went clear showjumping, then missed jump 6 x-country, very disappointed with myself, but donny was a jet, and for his first event since moora I was really pleased with him. If only he could count!

14. MinninupRoad

MinninupRoad Well-known Member

i was pleased with my test, especially considering the conditions!!! but scratched after dsg as i didnt want to risk anything x-country as it was my boys 1st b grade, i also didnt want to spend all day wet as ive just gotten over a cold!!!

15. Horseygal02

Horseygal02 New Member

Nickelodeon, i think i was in the canteen with your dad for an hour, before 9am...

I had a great day dispite the rain :D cant wait for the next one

16. buggalugs

buggalugs Well-known Member

my boys were so good :)* me and buggs won the d grade old farts pc grade, he was so good, it was his first event back since his break from jumping and i was very pleased with how he went, my lil boy

was happy with chevs dressage but lapses of concentration on xc saw us get 3 refusals... 2 of them at the second part of the baileys bluff combo... i think he wasnt sure how he was going to get his big fat guts through the flags!! so we dropped from 2nd to 5th in b grade :( oh well looks like we'll be working on lil skinny jumps for a lil while!!

well done to all those who stayed and helped... there was a very real threat that we would not be able to continue the day, not because of the weather (xc actually rode fine and the sj arena is great in the wet) but because everyone had left and taken their helpers!! it is good to know that there are plenty of ppl our there willing to put in the extra hours to make sure an event runs, im am sure my OH would have been slightly p***** if we hadnt run the course after all the work he puts in!!

and as for those with ducks in their arenas, if anyone got a photo, pls send it to me, i would love to post it on our website!! HAHAHAHA

17. Reg81

Reg81 Active Member

Hey norrishbex it was nice to meet you on Sunday i was standing with you talking on the chestnut before our xc run's @)

18. lucas and brad

lucas and brad Well-known Member

well done guys!!!!!!!!!!**)

19. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Are the actual results posted anywhere

20. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

Hi Reg81, it was nice to meet you, too! how did you end up going? Better than me I'm guessing!