Walk/Trot Shows?

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by mav, Jun 24, 2008.

1. mav

mav Well-known Member

does anyone knoe when the next show with a walk/trot ring is? after this weekend i mean... can't make wanneroo beg adult day as have silver buckle but any others coming up that anyone knows of?

alternatively any breed shows coming up with ridden after? pref smallish shows... and do you always have to canter in the ridden?

cheers everyone..

2. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Perth PC shows have w/t classes :) next one is 20th of july

3. blade

blade Active Member

walk/trot

27th july at orange grove i love there shows

4. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Forgot to say- perth shows are great for babies. Lots of space for warm up, good size rings and good parking space so it's not all crowded.

5. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Yep , you do have to canter in the ridden at Breed shows:) Gosnells Winter Breed Show is on the 10th August...their next Hack show is on July 6th, they have an unofficial ring (with canter), which is pretty easy going.

6. mav

mav Well-known Member

is it 3yr olds and over for hack shows or 4yr and over?

7. Ren

Ren Well-known Member

hacking is usually open age classes

8. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

3yo and over**) Performance cards are issued by the EFA for 3 yo and above. I don't know of any rules on age for Unofficial...its usually pretty much the same**)

9. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

I took my boy to a couple of unoff shows when he was 3 with no problems :)

10. mav

mav Well-known Member

awsome... thanks so much guys

11. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

Im amazed at the demand for these WT shows, in my day you did either unofficial, official, jumping followed by the games.

Ive been thinking i will take the suggestion to run a WT show to our committee, they are great starter shows for people and obviously from what ive seen have huge attendance.

12. Roe

Roe Banned

I think they are a great idea as well. Builds up confidence for people riding out and about.

I also like the dressage training days I have been attending a few of them with the walk trot test.

So a big thumbs up for these days **)

13. tammy07

tammy07 Well-known Member

i would love to see more wt shows i took my ottb to perth hack day and it was really good didnt have to worry about running people over with his canter haha great for people and horses that are just starting out

14. Linnybear

Linnybear Well-known Member

Scorpio, we have run a few Unofficial hack days at Perth Horse & Pony Club in the last couple of years and have had 6 rings, Leading Rein, Walk/Trot Junior & Senior, Walk/Trot/Canter Junior and Senior, and an open ring for the official/novice. We have had a fantastic turnout to these. We usually only get between 40 and 50 horses to our normal hack days and we have had in excess of 70 to these shows. Everyone has a great time too **)

We have also changed our unofficial program to separate unofficial. We now have a Walk/Trot ring and a Walk/Trot/Canter ring. Not separated by age or height. It makes it easier to see which class is which and evens up the competition in each ring for the judges too. We quite often get lots of hacks but not many ponies.

Hope this helps :D

15. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

perth hav a great walk/trot programme scorpio hav a look at the programme on there website:)*