Vindictive horses?

Discussion in 'Problem Horses' started by Court Eagle, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

lol Peta, yes Im a Career nutter lol.

2. sparkie

sparkie Well-known Member

yes we are entitled to our own opinion but when it becomes a little more improper that is when we loose sight of things...i agree a pro trainer takes the emotion out of it and lets the horse become itself isnt that great..!!!? yep i understand it is confusing isnt it...what i have written is probly why we have come to the position we are at now and how confusing it is to you guys...but thats alright...!!! as long as i feel free to add it to the thread and didnt care about the personal knocking that is all that matters...to be honest what i explain is actually very simple it doesnt give excuses only answers which in turn helps discifer and train a horse for a horse not its behaviours...in no way care for a limited minded horse or person....with an understanding and compasion to how a horse or human got to where they are...

most of what you have said here i agree with, funnily enough, when you train or teach with emotion it is only emotion you get back. actions and thoughts are not a direct result of their destiny it only helps create beleif...but what would i know...? the excuse of having an excuse is one of being limited and they ARE accountable even when they dont want to be that is when the excuse comes into it...so confusing i am doing it again...i apologise, i truely do but it has made you all read in a different way and interpret it in a different way and all of you have come up with what you passionately wanted to disbeleive hasnt...like anyones post on a thread we all either agree or disagree it is just nature...!!!

3. EVP

EVP Gold Member

4. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Bindi, that is 24k GOLD, not the gold plated version, pure SOLID Gold,

Viva La Lions

I am enlightened by my blinding visions of my own hypocrisy

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
  5. taeliesyn

taeliesyn Well-known Member

Totally off topic, but I love that movie! The Gods Must Be Crazy, even the Sequel isn't half bad *#)**):D

6. Pockets

Pockets Gold Member

LMAO it was a classic wasn't it-actually that part is about the only bit I've understood for the last couple of pages;) must be very limited...:D

7. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

You know Sparks, you remind me of this poem.

Ladies and gentlemen, hoboes and tramps,
    Cross-eyed mosquitoes and bow-legged ants,
    I come before you to stand behind you,
    To tell you something I know nothing about.
    Next Thursday, this is Good Friday,
    There will be a Mother’s Day meeting for fathers only;
    Admission is free, so pay at the door,
    Pull up a seat and sit on the floor.
    We will discuss a story you’ve all heard before.
    One bright morning, in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys, got up to fight,
    They lived on the corner, in the middle of the block
    On the second floor, of a vacant lot.
    One had a fiddle, one had a drum,
    And one had a pancake stuck to his bum,
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords and shot each another,
    One was blind and the other couldn’t see
    So they chose a dummy for a referee.
    A blind man went to see fair play,
    A dumb man went to shout “hooray!”
    A paralyzed donkey passing by,
    Kicked the blind man in the eye,
    Knocked him through a nine inch wall,
    Into a dry ditch and drowned them all,
    A mute onlooker shrieked in fright
    And a lame man danced at the ghastly sight
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    And came to arrest the two dead boys,
    One dead boy who had no feet
    Began to run down the street.
    The other dead boy who could not talk,
    Said "Oh Policeman let me walk."
    If you don’t believe this little lie is true
    Ask the blind man he saw it too!

8. jacko88

jacko88 Well-known Member

Sparkie, I've been reading your posts and still have no idea what it is exactly you are trying to say?
    I'm glad EVP and Sharaway understand enough to reply.......because I am totally and utterly bamboozled.
    If you feel you can put it in "laymans terms" for us simple people please do so.

9. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Jacko when you read Sparks post you have to close your mind while opening your eyes, or is it the other way around, and stick your tongue out the side of your mouth and twist yourself at a funny angle that might cause permanent disability.

Well thats how I do it.

Sparks mate, I do get what you are trying to say, the problem is that its so far left field of reality that your out there on your own mate, come back in from the cold any time you like, its warm here, and we have popcorn.

10. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Shar.....brilliant.

There is a huge difference between offering motivation and support and offering platitudes that have absolutely no hope of ever materialising.

Without going into too much detail I have seen first hand the damage that can be done when young people are told that "anything is possible if you try hard enough"...but wishing, wanting or trying something (even desperately trying) won't always guarantee success or positive result.

You are but one cog in the machine of life around you.

As example: Try telling a young man he can get a job if he tries hard enough with positive thinking/attitude and doesn't "limit" himself.....but he lives too far from transport, doesn't own a car, his parents are not financial to help, he didn't top his year at school, he has a speech impediment.....
    All those things add up to someone trying to be something and the world around him putting up hurdles. Try offering the mumbo jumbo self-help guru style sprouting to a young man like that. He might feel safe and empowered and enthusiastic for a time....he might even have personal expectations for the first time in his life, he'll try, be proactive, even be pushy......for what......

Real life is hard for those who, through no fault of their own, are passengers on someone elses bus! They may long to get off.......but all the wanting in the world is not going to catapult them into Mayfair or Park Lane.
    The young are impressionable....and can be very simplistic......they also are very much in the here and now....they are passionate and single minded. When it comes to their horses who they use as a haven, they can be obsessive, over emotional and protective. Some of this is good and some of this is bad as it leaves them vunerable to all kinds of notions and potions that promise to correct or prevent some issue - real, temporary or imagined.

Cults are attractive to the young and disenfranchised for this very reason....safety, a coocoon of positive vibes all geared to make you think that anything is possible if you open your mind...someone longing for inner peace is going to be wooed with the very IDEA of enlightenment!

Lets remember that some people are in a place where those types of offerings are like honey to a bee. And when their unchanged set of outside circumstances still prevent them from reaching the pinicle, it is they who have to live with the realisation that they failed at something touted as being achieveable "if you just try hard enough".

11. smash

smash Well-known Member

this little alien understands what sparkie is trying to say, just fine and dandy.
    cheers

12. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Then you are a much better "interpretter" than any of us Smash!

:)*

13. Brew

Brew Well-known Member

I think that we are all missing the point - What sparks is saying is easy to understand if you first apply scented oil to your forhead and then put a crystal somewhere warm - Now where's my popcorn ???????

14. sparkie

sparkie Well-known Member

:D love it...! i may be crazy or is it that you are all crazy ...? which ever way you want to look at it...

have a great day guys....

15. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

I have just read all of this thread ( well to be quite truthful, there was quite a bit I gave up on..lol) but all I can say is though at times I havent always agreed with sharaway but this post is yep exactly!!!!!!!
    smash, you really surprised me and EVP....I so wish I could write as well as you..just brilliant!!

very entertaining :D

16. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Di you know you love me, even if we do agree to disagree lol

17. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

lol... life would be way to boring if we all agreed :p

18. smash

smash Well-known Member

yeah di, my mirror says the same thing every morning LOL

19. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Plus Di I have some really bad news for you, I love you so NER, dont care if you dont love me back, It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to know that I love you lol.

20. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

shyte smash..your lucky, when I ask my mirror every morning who is the fairest of them all..it just makes a rude noise!!!! :p

shhhhh shar...I luvs you too...but Ise dont want no one to know :D :D