Vale Blue Hors Matine`

Discussion in 'News Items' started by samm, Jan 26, 2010.

1. samm

samm Gold Member

Sadly this champion mare had to be PTS due to breaking her knee in a paddock accident.
    She was such a joy to watch.
    Gallop free in greener pastures beautiful lady.I'm sure you'll be missed by many :(

2. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

oh sh*t :( such a shame, she was certainly lovely to watch!

RIP Blue Hors Matine :(

3. alexander

alexander Well-known Member

Sad sad news...a very talented Trakehner mare, I was looking forward to seeing some of her foals out and about in a few years...hopefully they have collected embryos!

4. safs_mum

safs_mum Well-known Member

Oh no! I just loved this mare! :(

5. Shiralee

Shiralee Well-known Member

Oh no, no, she really "DANCED" and I think from watching her she just really loved and thouroughly enjoyed doing what she did. She really was "Simply The Best!"

6. Slimey94

Slimey94 Well-known Member

oh that's devstating, watching her bought tears to my eyes :(

She was truly amazing... :(

RIP Blue hors Matine`

7. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Extremely sad loss RIP

8. lollyem

lollyem Well-known Member

Gallop and dance now and forever pretty girl on four unbreakable legs and with your great heart intact, on the other side of The Rainbow Bridge.

[​IMG]

They didn't collect embryos - they had just retired her to the broodie paddock and had hoped to get her in foal in the European spring.

From August '09

"The next half year, Matine will just spend in the herd and then she'll become brood mare next spring. "We won't flush any eggs from Matine. We just want her to be in foal and have the foal on the ground herself. I believe it'll be good for her mind," said Møller. "Hormone treatments for embryotransfer are very stresssful for mares."

Møller concluded, "Matiné has had enough of injections and examinations, she will now be allowed to find peace being a normal horse."

Blue Hors Matine had a stormy career at Grand Prix level. Her first year at Grand Prix was in 2005 where she already made headlines as the new shooting star. In 2006 she won the Danish Championships and team bronze, individual silver and bronze at the World Equestrian Games in Aachen. Half a year later at the 2007 World Cup Finals in Las Vegas she tripped off the trailer and injured herself. She never returned to the show ring. "

9. bawtry

bawtry Well-known Member

Oh what sad, sad news. She was the most amazing mare, watching her test from the WEG Finals still brings tears to my eyes and inspires me everytime I see it. She truly danced.
    Gone too soon.
    Rest In Peace Blue Hors Matiné, you will never be forgotten.

10. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

I can't believe it.
    I watched the youtube of her at WEG 2006, and she inspired me so much!
    I got outside and I worked my arse off until me and Rahni got to a dressage competition and surpassed all the goals i had set myself.
    I truely can't believe it.
    She was an amazing mare
    R.I.P girl :c

11. kp

kp Well-known Member

A beautiful mare, who is an absolute loss to the world of dressage.

12. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

A most amazing talented horse who really seemed to love what she did, such a big big loss to the equestrian world :( RIP

Some reports say that she was actually in foal at the time of death... But I'm not sure how factual they were?

13. intendeli

intendeli Well-known Member

ahhh so sad ... such a beautiful and very elegant mare ...

and she had been retired to the paddock to have a lovely babies ..

she inspired and made so many people smile ...

RIP

14. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Oh what sad news. I just loved watching this mare perform, she was truely 1 in a million.

RIP beautiful girl.

15. Lexie

Lexie Well-known Member

Oh dammit...
    That reallly realllllly sucks!
    She really did float/dance :(
    Rest in Peace!

16. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

:( Such a sad loss.
    The preeminent preformer.
    RIP Matiné

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
  17. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

18. simbin

simbin Gold Member

What a tragedy. RIP :(

19. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

Blue-Hors-Matine PTS

Just read that Blue-Hors Matine suffered a paddock accident, broke her leg and had to be put down - very sad.

She was an absolute superstar of a horse.

20. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

that is very sad.

RIP, beautiful girl.