Urgent -pet plan insurance

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Insurance' started by RPS, Jul 12, 2010.

1. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

For all those with Pet Plan insurance or did have Pet Plan that had/have their payments direct debited every month please check your statement and make sure that
    1. the correct amount has been deducted
    2. you haven't been charged twice

On checking my account last week i noticed they had debited the wrong amount several days early. This morning I noticed that they have now debited the correct amount :confused:

After feeling rather cranky about it I rang them and they have advised that they are aware of the issue ( computer system problem apparently )but they have no way of figuring out which of their clients this has happened to. They have to wait for people to ring them. They have organised to refund the overcharge and did say that they will refund any bank fees incurred by this.
    They did also say that it has happened to people who DO NOT have current policies. So even if you had cover with them 12 months ago they still have your bank details and may have debited the old amount.

2. pso

pso Gold Member

They did this to me last year ;)

And when they refund you- they cancel your policy for non payment:}

Oh- its the work experience kids..... :rolleyes:

3. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

It sounds suspiously like FRAUD to me.

4. odway

odway Guest

Hmm was about to start insuring with them, thinking twice now...

5. Nannoo

Nannoo Well-known Member

They charged us three times in one week last year, ended up overdrawing our horse account and we got a $50 bank fee. Boy did they cop it!! Wouldn't be dealing with them if they weren't the only ones who covered high vet bills. Really need some competition in the market!

6. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

So totally agree, they are the only ones that cover the $$ for vet bills unfortunately.

7. janm3680

janm3680 New Member

I have an account that I deposit money into on a regular basis and it is only used for Vet bills... so far it has worked well for me.. I guess you just have to hope that nothing goes wrong before you have a decent balance... luckily for me it didn't

8. Nannoo

Nannoo Well-known Member

Ok, they have just somewhat redeemed themselves. We sent a claim off 2 weeks ago and assumed that it may not be covered or will take months to hear back but just received a cheque for $2k in the mail. Very happy!! **)

9. Cav

Cav Gold Member

I have always payed the upfront amount with Petplan, made no claims, this year I have decided not to renew. I get once a year information from them at renewal time, no updates and no information regarding their changes in service. I am most displeased with this horse insurance agency. Going back to Blackwoods!

PS: They dont JUST cover the cost of vet bills, I didnt have my pony insured for that, I had him insured for death only for $6000 @ costing me $300 a year!! Total waste of money!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  10. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

Yep I had the same issues.. I ended up giving up they are useless...

11. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

Im insured for loss of use for 10k and it costs me nearly 900 a year with Pet Plan. Blackwoods only does death doesnt it, not loss of use?

12. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Im pretty sure my Warmblood was covered for loss of use as well as death but because we insured her for a rather large sum, she had to be vetted before they would accept it...from memory, this is going back a long time ago!

13. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Active Member

Pretty sure Brookes Goodwood does loss of use, but they don't cover vet bills.