URGENT HAAP

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Angimac, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Angimac

Angimac Well-known Member

Hi hoping people in the Echuca area will read this.
    A group called the Horses At Auction - Preview need photographers to put horses on their page.
    These people are volunteers who photo, describe and feed the horses before the Wednesday (every second week) sales at the Echuca saleyards.
    They are short staffed this week so some of the horses will not be able to get their picture up on the page.
    Some of these people travel 4 hours one way and go through this very stressful sales where sometimes only dealers and doggers are attending with on average 80 to 100 horses are sold.

I know it is short notice, but the girls need assistance.

2. Angimac

Any people in Echuca or surrounding area - the horse sale is on tomorrow (Wednesday), the last Wednesday one for 2015. Last week Shepp got over 20 horses.
    The truck will be leaving Shepp on Thursday after the sale (charge $700 to buy).
    If you know anyone looking for a horse in the surrounding area but cannot make the Echuca horse sale the 'Horses At Auction - Preview' facebook page girls can bid on your behalf. They have an assessor and transport companies listed on their page.
    The Wednesday sale is every second week.

In between the Wednesday sales there is a horse sale on Friday that page is run by different girls - Saleyard Horses Pre Auction that can do the same. The last Friday sale will be next week.

There are about 80 horses every sale, last Friday there was about 130 horses, ponies and donkeys. Then the Friday girls went to the Bairnsdale sale on Saturday with about another 70 to 90 horses.

There is also a sale on Saturday at Pakenham.

Quite a few horses will go through the end of the year sales.
    Please give these horses a chance and get them off the dealer/sales merry-go-round.

3. Angimac

Well there was about 20 horses from Friday the 4/12 on the Shepp page (only 3 were purchased after sale) and then the ones from last Wednesday sale left Thursday on the one way truck for South Australia to be processed for the Belgian's Christmas meal.
    Also Laverton Pet Supplies (LPS) got a few too.

Friday is the last sale for the year. If you know anyone wanting a horse in Echuca or surrounding area the Friday girls can bid for you. They have a page Saleyard Horses Pre Auction, if you look at the pinned section there are numbers of transport companies and there is usually an assessor there. You have to look through the posts as sometimes they have to change phone numbers because of reception. The Friday auctioneer does not allow brands to be put up and people like to know who they are buying. Some of the girls travel 4 hours on the train to get the photos and info up Thursday night and Friday morning before the auction.

I hope the horses get a permanent home for Xmas.

4. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

It's a crap world sometimes. :=(

5. Angimac

Yes it definitely is Noelle.
    It is the numbers that go through Echuca every week that really upsets me, then there is Pakenham on Saturday every month. That's just Victoria.
    As long as the dealers are selling them they do not care where they go. Many poor buggars are bounced around from one sale to the next until someone rescues them or they are sent on the one way truck.
    Laverton Pet Supplies bought a bunch on the 4/12 and there was no ramp so this animal made them jump into the truck, those that did not make the jump were hit on the head with poly pipe. :_ (
    Hope it is going to be a good sale for the horses on Friday, although people will be going on holiday now.

(Noelle Stockyard feels very empty and as I type the words seem to be echoing in my head.)

6. Angimac

There was 200 horses at Echuca today, from clydie to minis, the doggers would have had a field day. :_ (
    People said it was very hot today, so not many bidders, a few colts (including Boharn Prizefighter gypsy cob) are there, if the dogger got them he will not let people buy them, they are processed first.
    I do not think I can read the results tomorrow.
    The Saleyard Horses Pre Auction girls have done a great job getting a lot of the photos and where possible info.
    Very sad sale today. :(

7. Angimac

Well I eventually read the results. The poor Saleyard Horses Pre Auction ended up with only 2 girls on the saleyard floor, one got heat stress and another could not attend because of a riding injury. So when horses got moved from pens to the ridden section horses got moved around and they were not notified so no new photos were taken and pen numbers changed. People ended up with the wrong horse and buyers could not track horses to doggers to save them. It was a complete shambles and unfortunately not many could be saved after the sale. :_ (

There are a few urgent horses at Depot Horses In Transit (collection is from the Echuca saleyards), but will go on the next one way truck (these horses are marked Urgent above their details). A few of them are in foal to a paint stallion called In The Black.

People if you know anyone in Victoria or NSW borders can you please share, a qh x clydie mare and foal combo I think costs $795.

Anyone that can give the sale (next one January 6th) or dht horses a permanent loving home (a lot are bought by dealers and moved from one sale to another) would be great.

Please please share Horses At Auction - Preview (Wednesday fortnightly), Saleyard Horses Pre Auction (Friday fortnightly) and Depot Horses In Transit (dealer). Because of the long drought on the other side of Australia they can get some really nice horses, even though they are not in good condition.

For people in Queensland there is a couple of girls that try to sell horses that are at the doggers. They are Last Chance Horses Bald Hills, they only have limited space to do this so the horses I think only get a week.

8. Angimac

Depot Horses In Transit have 4 urgent horses that will go on the one way truck Thursday (I think, cannot find the date, but it will be this week).
    There are a few non urgent horses as well but because of the heat feed on the ground is non existent so they need to get out asap. The longer they are there the worse their condition will be (the prices will not go down but may be up because feed has to be put out for the horses). There is still one mare and foal package ($795), part clumpers I think.
    I do not understand why people let a stallion run with these mares (not DHT, maybe Maffra) and not handle them, it makes them very hard to home.
    Someone bought a 2 year old that had not been handled since a foal and has not put a foot wrong yet.

The Echuca Horse Sales start again on Wednesday 6th January, but I have not read anything on the Horses At Auction - Preview page to say they are attending.

Please check these pages out and your local horse auctions over east, some good horses ending up at auctions throughout east side of Australia because of the drought for at least 2 years.

May be pool some money together and hire transport to make it cheaper.

9. Angimac

Saleyard Horses Pre Auction was at the Echuca horse sale yesterday, being a holiday today. With only 3 staff at the sale they photoed over 100 horses, unfortunately they only were successful in 9 bids.
    Sadly about 52 horses were bought by doggers and for human consumption. :_ (

Last Wednesday Horses At Auction - Preview was at Echuca and the previous people that worked with Count Encosta (in poor condition) bought him for $420 + transport from Victoria to NSW. This horse won nearly $450,000 and had his last race in May 2015.

The Friday girls are not permitted to put photos of brands, but Wednesday do show them unless vendor specifies. They are run by two different auction companies.
    There have been problems with people ringing previous trainers, and also current vendors because people abuse them on the phone and the girls been left heartbroken as the owners have removed the horses from the sale then and there to be sent straight to the knackeries.

There are also a few Urgent horses on Depot Horses In Transit page.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  10. Angimac

Friday girls, Saleyard Horses Pre Auction, will be attending the Warragul horse auction this Saturday. If you want someone to bit on your behalf they can do that. Please have their assessor look at the horse before putting a bid in. Details are in the pinned post, there is also a list of transport companies.

The Horses At Auction - Preview girls are not attending the Echuca sale today and there are a few mares with foals going through.

11. Angimac

Hi everyone,

Just letting everyone know that Depot Horses in Transit have a few horses that only have until Friday.

Also Saleyard Horses Pre Auction are no longer doing the Friday Echuca horse sales as the auctioneer is doing absentee bidding (the assessor is the partner of his assistance, unless you have a private one yourself).

Horses At Auction - Preview Wednesday sale was today, three cute little minis brought in together. Look like three that went through a few weeks ago, supposedly to a private home (put photos up even) now looking worse.

Rescues are full and there are about 80 horses at Echuca every week. There are other horse auctions run fortnightly, monthly or yearly around Australia.

Note: Why does WA no longer have horse rescue, except for the rspca.

12. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Angimac, is 2nd chance horse rescue no longer around?

13. Angimac

Noelle the last thing on their website (also fb page - I am not on fb but could read it somehow) was asking for funds in October last year, and then they were trying to rehome the horses still in their care. I did not see this until earlier this year.

Also made the mistake of looking to see how the HAAP Echuca auction went yesterday, there were some welsh bitza mares with foals, a few of these ended up at lps (Laverton Pet Supplies), the foals only cost them $30.00 each :_ (. They are available on Rehoming Horses Victoria, but only have a couple of days. Shepparton meat supplies bought a few horses as well, but it looks like they have an order in and all the horses they got may all go to Petersborough SA to Belgian plates. :mad::_ (
    And DHT bought a few to replace the ones going on the one way truck tomorrow.

I think all horses should be branded and registered as being born, like thoroughbreds and standardbreds, so the people breeding horses for meat (this is what they are doing when there is an over supply) can be traced.
    Also it would add extra cost to may be help reduce this over supply. The droughts over east did not start a day, a week, a month or even a year ago yet they keep breeding horses. Nearly every sale there are poor horses and foals that have not been handled and they are not just brumbies.

Two sales ago there were broodmares and race ready standardbreds from a deceased estate, about 30 horses in total, this was years of selective breeding. I am not sure how many got bought at the sale, but most went to either LPS or SHEPP with only two of the broodmares getting saved after the sale, most of the deceased owners hard work was processed.

14. Angimac

Well the Saleyard Horses Pre Auction girls are not longer attending Echuca on Friday sales, I have now just read that the Wednesday girls (Horses at Auction - Preview) are asking people to contact John Moyle (auctioneer) as they do not have enough staff for a while, so they will not be attending Wednesdays either.
    The Friday auctioneers are Andrew Wilson & Co and they usually put pictures up and the Wednesday facebook page for the auctioneer is Echuca Horse Sales.

15. Angimac

Saleyard Horses Pre Auction went to the Pakenham and Bairnsdale horse auctions yesterday. They only had two girls at one and three at the other so they do not know where all the horses ended up.

Also Depot Horses In Transit have a lot of young horses and ponies going on the one way trip on the 10th June. :-s:_ (
    The girls on the page are not at the depot.
    The horses are agisted on the NSW/Victoria border, when they are purchased people are to pick them up from the Echuca saleyards, if you do not show up the dealer puts them back through the sales.
    When you are interested in a horse/pony from DHT you should purchase it asap as there is no food on the ground and the price will not go down as he is not a rescue (which some people think he is) and he will make more money from the one way truck.:(
    I think there is still one Palouse pony mare and foal on the page.

There is a glut of horses at the moment, 70 horses minimum going through Echuca every week (if you have read my other posts in this thread you will see that there are good horses going through here, I know of 3 horses that made their owners about $500,000 this could be more as the Friday auctioneer does not allow brands), then there is Pakenham, Bairnsdale, Camden, Young, Benella (sp?), Laidley, Warragul, Maitland, and a few others that I cannot remember.

The poor rescue groups over East cannot even home the horses they have got, so cannot take on more.

Please pass this on.

16. Angimac

Depot Horses In Transit is sending some of the horses they have not sold on the one way truck Wednesday 27th July. This includes some arab mares and ponies.

Also worried about the race horses, there are rumours that somewhere over east the horses are not just going straight to the doggers, but being trucked to an abandoned quarry and pts then brands removed.

17. Angimac

HAAP are no longer doing Wednesdays either, and the auctioneers do not seem to put up the results.

Andrew Wilson & Co do the Friday sales which were on today. There were a lot of thoroughbred and arab mares go through, no results yet. (Looks like stud dispersals.)
    There were also a lot of paints and I was interested to see how Colorite Elvis went as I have a Standie named Elvis. Colorite Elvis sold for $3,400 and will be going to NSW. Also a few QH and stock horses went through the sale.
    Some girls scanning the TB and the bloodline details are under the photos, but Wilson only leaves the photos up for 24 hours.

I do not know what is going to happen as the authorities have finally listen to witnesses of the horse beating etc in relation to Laverton and it may have already closed down. So they will probably go to Shepparton for human consumption or Maffra (if the mare has really good breeding Maffra sometimes covers them with their stallion, yes that's right they breed the poor mare then takes the foal off her the morning of the sale or if not good enough they both end back at the sale) or one of the cruel dealers.

It is very hard for private buyers, people have tried to bid on a horse and the auctioneer ignores them if two of the businesses that attend are interested.

Probably another 50 to 60 horses went through today, not sure if I can bring myself to check out the results tomorrow.

Also on another note, the horses being processed for human consumption are bought by Shepparton, then trucked to Peterborough in SA processed and then shipped to Belgium. People have tried to save a horse and rung Peterborough only to be told it is already processed, yet they are supposed to hold the horses for 28 days to make sure no medicines etc are in the horses system. Are these horses being wasted if contaminants are found?
    I know this is gross, but it is a fact as a lot of good horses are paying the price of the current over breeding.
    There are just too many horses.

18. Angimac

Oops forgot the Saleyard Horses Pre Auction girls will be at the Pakenham horse sale on tomorrow.
    Last I read but there seems to be only 2 horses at the moment.

19. Angimac

Went and skimmed through the Andrew Wilson & Co Friday sale results. There was 98 horses at the sale. Only a few private buyers with the majority going to either depot or Shepp.
    May it be a swift end. RIP :_ (

20. Angimac

Well Shepp got 24 (2 are private and not for meat). There were 3 mare and foal combos and Shepp bought one of the mares, her and another 21 all went on the truck.
    One of the thoroughbreds had Secretariat and Northern Dancer on its sire's side.
    Only 33 private and 3 passed in, the rest went to Shepp or Depot.
    Very, very sad indeed.