upcoming horse shows and events

Discussion in 'Sticky Topics For Horse Showing and Events' started by Eminence, Dec 12, 2006.

1. finitey

finitey Well-known Member

Hey tarz, I will take you no probs, can who-ever send me the program when it is ready, thanks :)

2. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Thanks Michelle :)

3. Linnybear

Linnybear Well-known Member

Perth Horse and Pony Club are having their first show for the year on the 28th Jan. Its hacking only, new program with show hunters classes first up. Adults on ponies at the end of the day, with extra classes available. Our encourage rings now have beginner classes.
    There will definately be measuring from about 8am.

Official Judges:
    Hacks: Sheryl Parkes
    Ponies: Felicity Perry

Encourage: TBA

More info on their website!

Cheers!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  4. Wendycam1

Wendycam1 Well-known Member

WAQHA Twilight Show at Magenup

Is anyone going to the Twilight Western 'A' Show at Magenup on 10th February ?
    Also what do you wear to one of these shows if you are halter showing a Quarter horse? Haven't done one before and wouldn't mind trying, I think....

5. Pinto Lover

Pinto Lover Well-known Member

Small Fry is a twight show on the 25th Feb starts at 3.30, so its not so hot, for all under 10.2hh, more info will be in the Saturday's Paper soon (run by the Pinto Society).
    Also NMR Feature Show (NMR Members only) is on the 4th March, I dont think the date has changed.

6. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Check in the announcements for the Small Fry Show, theres contact details there, i emailed a couple of days ago & havent got a reply though, but be great to see the programme as i didnt enter last year.
    Now to decide which 4 to take! **)

7. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

I would love a programme for the gosnells show my email is stampton2@bigpond.com that would be appreciated thank you.

8. Shakhaan

Shakhaan Well-known Member

Colleen Kelly Clinic in March

Hi everyone,

Just giving you all a heads up about Colleen's next clinic here in Perth.

I'm running it on the 3rd/4th March, and am taking lesson bookings now.

Colleen will also be giving a lecture at DRTA on the public holiday Monday (5th) March, which will have demo riders, held at the SEC. There will be fliers up at the Summer Series, at stockfeeders, and will be advertised in The West. I will also put up a separate thread here about it.

Ciao. Kiley.

9. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Hey Kiley,
    Sounds great, I'll be up for a lesson, probably on the saturday (the mini show is on the sunday).
    cheers
    Beth

10. Sallie

Sallie Well-known Member

Orange Grove Hack Day Program 28/01/07

Hi Guys

Full Program is now up on the "other Site"

Enter Fees are as follows

All Rings except First ridden / Leadline
    $35.00 which includes a refundable $5 for armband/Breast plate number so makes it $30.00 for the day

If you only enter for the hunter class & rider it will be $15.00 (with $5.00 refundable armband deposit)

First Ridden / Lead line $30.00 with $5.00 refundable armband deposit

Orange Grove Pony Club & Adult Rider Members $5.00 discount.

If your not a current EFA or Pony Club member an extra insurance fee will be charged (Prove to be provided) I think its around $10.00 however i have to confirm that.

Height Certs must be shown and measuring will be on from 7.30am. Approved hard hats must be worn

11. Eminence

Eminence Well-known Member

I just looked at the program but i doesnt say what time the hacking starts ect. and if you pay on the day, or the who the judges are going to be or if plaiting is compulsory so i dont really now anything about this show apart from the classes id be in :(

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  12. Sallie

Sallie Well-known Member

Hi Eminence

Show starts at 9.00am. Check Saturdays west for judges. Yes you should plait your pony/horse

Hope to see you there!

13. Wildwood

Wildwood Well-known Member

judges have been mentioned previously

14. Dharma

Dharma New Member

Swna Valley Autumn Show

Swan Valley pony club are holding a hack show on the 18 March, program is on the "other site".

15. Sallie

Sallie Well-known Member

Orange Grove Hack Day Program 28/01/07

I would just like to say a prize will be awarded in one of the classes in all enc rings of the day. This will not be awarded for the CHAMP Or RES in any rings!

16. Sallie

Do Orange Grove have any more hack shows planned after this one?

BoV

17. Sallie

Sallie Well-known Member

BoV

Now thats a good question!!! We have in mind to do a couple more for the year but that will also depend on how this one turns out. If we get to many complaints or hassels with people who aren't happy ie: why did you do that or not do this or you picked bad judges etc (which there always is a few) not sure if we could be bothered. I'm sure you know what i mean.

So an answer is hopfully yes. I would like to put on a " Hunter Hack Day" something different and have a full program for it. Whats anyones thoughts?

18. Dharma

Dharma New Member

Sallie, I think a hunter hack day would be very popular, especially if you also include working hunters. I dont think some people realise the how much hard work and time goes in to organising events, which are usually always run by volunteers. We'll be at your show next weekend with 2 ponies, I'm sure it will be a great day:D

19. Wildwood

Wildwood Well-known Member

i wish i was coming but all my children look feral and hairy... its sooo annoying!!!
    So... you'll have to put on more so then I can come... ok???!!!!!!
    Not hunter... I dont own one lol! ;)
    No but i think a hunter day would be a very good idea!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  20. jamiru

jamiru New Member

Gosnells 4th Feb program?

Has anyone got a program for Gosnells on Sunday 4th Feb??? Please, please email me it if you have one, we are coming up for it and would love to know whats happening!
    jamiruponystud@bigpond.com