upcoming horse shows and events

Discussion in 'Sticky Topics For Horse Showing and Events' started by Eminence, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Sallie

Sallie Well-known Member

Yes Teah may make it to his first outing. As i have nothing else to ride i might as well give it a go as nothing to loose besides making a fool of myself as it would have been a good 16 months since i have last shown(ha ha). Who knows what the so call orange bush hack will do. I had his lump cut off on Thursady , he spent the day at the vet so hopfully that will clear up and be ok by then.

2. Wildwood

Wildwood Well-known Member

hehehe it will be fun for him!! and its not exactly a long way from home for him lol! Hope the foot is better soon!

3. Sallie

Would be good if you could include a couple of rider classes. Eg 17-29, 30 and over or something. Can be useful to have this class just to get the horse into the ring and settled. Also novice and intermediate hack classes as it is the start of the season and the newbies will be out.

Great to see the shows back at OGHPC again.

Cheers

4. Ren

Ren Well-known Member

cool ill be there with my boy for measuring :)

5. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Forgive me if I am wrong Sallie, but you seem to be thinking of getting rid of one class that everyone can compete in and not replacing it. Most (all!) shows already have weight and ladies/gents. Yes will now be 2 ladies classes to get points but everyone still gets the same number of classes :confused:

Also, what is wrong with offering a rider class? I know of several people who compete official just for the rider class as they know their horses aren't brilliant official horses.

Also, I thought $35 was normal for hacking (excluding Championship days etc). Has it seriously gone up that much in the last 6 months that $35 is now cheap?

6. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Yep mirawee most shows are around $35 - $45 anyway. But I think having it at $35 is good.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2006
  7. Wildwood

Wildwood Well-known Member

Fair enough guys... she's new to this and only offering suggestions. Thanks for your opinions though... and yes I'd definitley be up for novice/ inter classes too!!!!

8. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Wasn't meaning it to be offensive :)

Do you have a template to work off? There is one usually available in the EFA Handbook or online from the EFA site (I think!)

9. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

There is one in the EFA handbook just had a look at mine, tells me what class's are normally held at certin shows :)

10. Sallie

Sallie Well-known Member

Hi Guys

Thanks for your imput. I do have a standard program and just wanted to get peoples thoughts on some of my ideas. The reason behind my ideas were being the begining of the season new horses are out and people are trying to get points so having more classes which you can gain points in ie: having the ladies clases split into say over 14-14.2 and over 14.2 -15 & same with the hacks over 15-16 and over16 you then have all the ladies classes split into 2 classes not one. Anyway this is all just thoughts and will confirm the program closer to the date. More imput good & bad most welcome - Thanks

11. Kiarabrook

Kiarabrook New Member

Small Fry Show is on in Feb Look in classifieds : announcements under shows.

12. Ellie

Ellie Well-known Member

oo im pretty sure i will be there, with me and my stb in the unnoficial ring and then my other girl(the one in my pic) in the official ring, who my friend will be riding....cant wait to get the horses out again, i should see you tarz in my ring then , will come over and say hello if i spot you hehe...

13. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Heya, cool, yep will come say hello, have met you before at Pre- Royal and darling range so know what you and your horses look like :)

14. Ellie

Ellie Well-known Member

ah yea haha sorry forgot about those times...well i will be on a bay stb with 4 socks so i shouldnt be too hard to miss ...hehe..

15. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

How big is your standy again?

16. Dharma

Dharma New Member

We will probably be there with two ponies, one official and one unofficial, Sallie, my daughter likes the rider classes (official ring) as she's only 9 and also alot of people like to use them as a warm up.:D

17. Ellie

Ellie Well-known Member

tarz- she is 14.2 and 3/4... what about your boy?

18. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Hes 15.3hh :)

19. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

May not have a lift to orange grove now :( does anyone have a spare bay in the float for a horse who is in orange grove area :) we will pay half of float/petrol etc.

20. Bubbles

Bubbles Well-known Member

Gosnells Summer Showoffs

Hi All,

I have the programme for the Gosnells Summer Breed Show. I will be posting it on the other site or I can email it to you......