Transport NSW to WA

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by PsoasPony, Jun 3, 2014.

1. PsoasPony

PsoasPony Guest

Recommendations and personal experiences when transporting from NSW to WA, approx cost, and days traveled?

Also looking for the same information from Tas to WA.
    **)

2. Kodas Karen

Kodas Karen New Member

From WA to NSW/Tas is Skinners. I'm sure they have return prices. Other than that I am of no help. Sorry, but good luck!

3. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

I'm pretty sure skinners isn't doing the east west run anymore.

Only 2 choices for east west are ramsays and combined.

About a week of travel and Budget about $2k all up including post border quarantine. From Tas i expect to add another $1k.

Both companies can give you accurate quotes if you give them the address's

4. Skittled

Skittled Well-known Member

I VIC to WA cost me just under $2k with ramsays. From memory it only took three days. My horse got off the truck nice and healthy (even washed I reckon)

5. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

My horse did the trip from NSW to WA it was $2200 a year ago ( we were 3 hrs Nth/east Sydney) that included liver fluke etc. It took 7 days to get here and he arrived safely, a little bit of weight loss but that was to be expected after a big trip :)
    I used Combined and I was very happy with them :)*

6. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

NSW - WA (Perth) I paid $2200 with Combined, took seven days and included the liver fluke. My girl also got an extra 1/2 bay as she rubbed out the top of her tail. That was also treated when she had her liver fluke, free of charge. She was tucked up for a day, but had no weight loss, but did take a few days to get used to the water, so was supplement with electrolytes until she was happy to drink normally.

I was very happy with Combined, they phoned or emailed me every day to let me know how she was going, and the driver pulled over when he saw her sitting on the bum bar (she's just a lazy traveller) to ask me if I wanted her to be moved. I already knew she rubbed her tail out in trucks, so I told him that unless it was bad at the border, she should be fine. It got treated there (washed and had antiseptic cream put on it, and they made the bay bigger) but she still did it. Go figure polony!