Transport costs East to West

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Eureka, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Eureka

Eureka New Member

Hi,
    does anyone have a estimate on what it costs to bring a horse from NSW to Perth? using a horse transport company.
    you can pm me with details on companies that do it.
    cheers
    Eureka

2. ArabellaPark

ArabellaPark Guest

Cause of EI the price has gone up heaps! I am having a mare picked up from NSW this week and another 2 a few weeks after that its costing roughly $1800.00 depending on where abouts in NSW they are. I will PM you the transport companies name I highly recommend them It will be my 3rd horse I've transported with them and I wouldn't use anyone else.**)

3. Reigate

Reigate Well-known Member

Contact Jason and Sonia at Horse Transport Australia.net

index

They will find you the cheapest, next available or most convenient transport for your horse dependant on your needs.......

They have a large network of carriers that they have on their books and get competitive quotes as the various carriers are wanting to get the bookings.

The carriers in the eastern states are a little more expensive at the moment because of EI, the drivers had to go off and find jobs elsewhere as they had no work with horse trucks......... so drivers are in short supply apparently and the trucks are busy catching up with the backlog....... so supply and demand kicks in and it starts costing a bit more in those areas unfortunately at times.......

It should settle down in the not too distant future thouh - although we also have to remember that diesel prices have risen significantly as well in the last 8 months or so.........

:)

4. Pugsworth

Pugsworth Well-known Member

Hi, i brought a horse over from towrang NSW it cost $1700 but i also had to pay for ag dept to come out and give me a permit for a quarantine facility and also a vet to come and do a health check so he could get realeased from quarantine now i have to pay again for another liver fluke drench and manure test all up it cost me over $2000 if should be much cheaper now as horses are allowed straight through without quarantine now as from the 10th of march check out the W.A ag dept

5. Petite Pastures

Petite Pastures Well-known Member

Hey thats great news about not needing the quarantine any more.
    It was going to cost me nearly $3000 for a mini because of quarantine.
    Might have to start shopping again :)

6. pso

pso Gold Member

Double check with ag dept before booking transport...

Horses are only allowed straight through from a WHITE zone...As of the 10th march, before this, they were allowed from green as well...:confused:

Department of Agriculture and Food

Hate for you to try and bring a horse in, then get stuck in quarantine!**)

7. feather feet

feather feet Well-known Member

i agree with arialla..phone jason from HTA.. ive been in contact with him for the last few weeks..he only rang me friday to inform me my girl can now came over from qld green zone straight through...no quarrantine..just the liver fluke check....

8. Reigate

Reigate Well-known Member

FF, you are lucky you spoke to Jason on Friday - musta been BEFORE his wife had their second daughter! :) New baby girl named Megan!! :) Cant wait for them to get home here so I can see her!! :)

He has the laptop with him and a wireless connection so is still able to do all his bookings and enquiries etc, but Sonia did threaten to shove the phone where the sun dont shine if it rang while she was in labor......... lol......

9. Jumping Bean

Jumping Bean Well-known Member

I used Horse Transport Australia recently, they were great, very helpful, and it made it soooooo easy as I didn't have to ring every transport company in the country trying to book one hehe. You can also say if there is a particular company you don't want to use, which is good. Up there ^^^^^^ definitely worth calling them :).