Transformation pics

Discussion in 'Sticky Topics For Open Discussions' started by Gaia, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Alice_Jayne

Alice_Jayne Active Member

Well with my girl I have tried really hard after getting her when she was obese and very unfit, to her losing all the weight and not having enough muscle underneith to bulk her up. And finally now to bulking up again and competing in our first show this weekend. So here are a phew before and after pics :)
    BEFORE
    [​IMG]
    AFTER
    [​IMG]

2. Alice_Jayne

Alice_Jayne Active Member

Also my new boy. Only had him for around two months but already he is turning out to be a huncky chunky :)
    the day he arrived ahaha he telling him to back off
    [​IMG]
    Taken last week after a wash :)
    [​IMG]
    Not much of a change with him but i'm happy :)

3. Roskyle Mr GingerbreadMan

Roskyle Mr GingerbreadMan Well-known Member

wow! thats incredible.. good job he looks amazing :)

4. niccyv

niccyv New Member

Monty ;)

aw guys!! so well done, i hope within the next year i can start showing Monty, but atm I am just knocking him off his perch making him work and join up and then work some more and get his attitude sorted!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  5. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

Poppet is a 2yr old TB filly by Carpenetto, I have just started mouthing her in preparation to back her during the xmas holidays.

Poppet just before I picked her up in April:

[​IMG]

Poppet last week:

[​IMG]

6. Tempo

Tempo Well-known Member

YAY! You DID it :D
    She's looking fantastic - I can't believe how much she's matured!

7. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

She's growing up for sure, bless the little monkey. Still won't smile for the camera though.

8. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

Oh Wow - Hasn't she matured Norrishbex :) :)

Well done!!!

9. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

She's quite a like to my Carpanetto filly, I know that facial expression well!

She is looking great! Look forward to seeing pics of her under saddle and her progress :)

10. WildandFree

WildandFree Well-known Member

Rossy then

[​IMG]

after a month

[​IMG]

2months

[​IMG]

rossy now

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  11. BellaSkip

BellaSkip Well-known Member

my new boy when i first got him. he had just finished racing and was being "let down"

he was in good condition considering :)

so here is my cupcake pincher errrm back about 5 months

[​IMG]

and about 2 weeks ago

[​IMG]

12. Simbah

Simbah New Member

Yay its Harashee :) He has changed heaps. Bush Pony to Superstar

13. Drag0ncharm

Drag0ncharm Active Member

Sorry about size of pics

Feb 2010 I bought A STB filly. I will say nothing more about her previous situation other than it was most likely ignorance that was at fault.
    She was not Excercised at all because her previous owners were unable to ride her and I belive they did not know how to Lunge. she sufferred some muscle wastage and was starting to get on the dangerous side of skinny.
    She was all but feral in temprement. not leading quietly, she couldn't be tied and lords forbid you tried to touch a single leg let alone clean out a hoof. She kicked and bit me many times.

Here she is just a few days after I bought her and she had started to settle with the comfort of regular and sufficently sized meals and daily attention

[​IMG]

After lots of food, training, regular handling, lunging and patience she had compleletly change from a nasty wild filly to a loveable horse with loads of potential.
    November 2010 I advertised her for sale with a photo similar to this:
    [​IMG]
    by sheer luck the young lady who owns her mother found me and I happily returned her for a family reunion

And just 2 weeks ago I went to visit her at the trainers her new owner had chosen. I nearly cried when I saw just how much progress she had made. And she looked great with her winter coat gone and the extra muscle from her training. Here is what I saw
    [​IMG]
    I know physically there is not as much as diffrence compare to alot of horses posted here but this young filly has changed so much in temprement.
    Everyone still thinks I am crazy for spending so much time on one horse but watching her at the trainers just made me really proud to know I help even just one horse have a chance

*** Update Edit*** She has now be started under saddle and doing small jumps and doing well alround. I am so proud lol

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  14. darkangels

darkangels New Member

First picture is of Max, saved from the kill buyer, a few weeks after i rescued him..

[​IMG]

Second picture about a year later, never ridden or worked in all that time due to horrible leg infection, but was very happy being a pasture pet..lol.

[​IMG]

15. Marz

Marz Well-known Member

My Baby :)

Coco came to where I ride from the RDA because she was too fast, and well, "Araby" for them.
    this was about 3-4 years ago:
    [​IMG]
    and:
    [​IMG]

she used to get away with bucking in the canter until the rider gave up, not anymore :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

look mum- no saddle :D :D
    This isn't just my work, team effort ftw

16. farfromhome

farfromhome Well-known Member

Coco looks great these days :D

17. CaityTB

CaityTB New Member

I had an OTTB whom I bought as my first horse.When I trialed him he was the perfect gentleman, but by the time I gave him away, he had become incredibly dangerous under saddle. He now lives as a paddock ornament with a lady who lives about an hour from me.

When I bought Him(June2010)
    Wormed him straight up because he hadnt been wormed for over 8mths
    [​IMG]

And this is him after a big bath(was still wet) In July 2010:
    [​IMG]

And him when he was moved to a new paddock, he dropped a bit of condition(31st July 2010):
    [​IMG]
    Not much of an improvement really... Love looking at the major transformations some of the horses on here have made! It's incredible!

18. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Well Jackson (Eclipse from second chance) when i first got him
    [​IMG]

To Now :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last one is Tempo Riding him :)

[​IMG]

19. shell81

shell81 New Member