Trainers Jessica dressage saddle

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by bawtry, May 12, 2007.

1. bawtry

bawtry Well-known Member

Hi all!!!

Just wondering what everyone's opinions are on this saddle? Have looked through some old threads, but couldn't find a huge amount.
    I am looking for a new saddle and have been offered one of these - was lovely to ride in, so will take it to my next lesson but, in the meantime, just wondering what people thought??

Thanks!

2. montygirl

montygirl Well-known Member

I personally didn't like it, as i could not get my legs on my horse. Its a very big and bulky saddle and it was physically impossible for me to get my short stubby legs on my boy... hahahah:D My mum then took it over and she found that it put her legs too far back and could not get her legs forward - it was impossible pretty much. Well we sold it after that:confused: But that is just MY personal experience.:))

3. mav

mav Well-known Member

I have a Trainer Baron - not sure how similar they are - but I find it a really wonderful and comfortable ride.

4. missyzgirl

missyzgirl Guest

i have one, i adore it, i think with any saddle, personal choice, but i wouldnt swap mine for the world and even better cause i got it so super cheap, find it puts me in a effortless position

5. CJR

CJR Well-known Member

YAY gooo Jessica!! (the saddle ha ha) I have one and LOVE it, I was riding in an Isabelle and found it inhibited my movement so I swapped to a 'trainers' Jessica and found I could actually put my leg on my horse, (I have long legs -this might be why?) I also love the colour mine is brown.

But like everyone else said... personal preference...

When I had my Jessica fitted to Dusty thoguht the saddle fitter told me she also ride in a Jessica and recommends them (fit wise) for horses because of the wide panels underneath = better weight distribution:D

6. maxntaz

maxntaz Well-known Member

I have a trainors, I love it, but again, long legs andpersonal opinion!

7. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

My jump saddle is trainers and i looked at getting a Jessica or Baron for Buckley too. The jessica just WOULDNT fit him thouhg, we tried heaps of htings but it was just the wrong shape. The baron was a better fit and i found it was better to ride in (but SUPER hard!) but i still didnt fall in love. i ended up with a bates maestro, could tell it would fit from the moment we put it on him, its nowhere near as bulky (whicch is good because my horses arent exactly elephants) and i didnt have to ride with the huge knee blocks.
    Just try as many saddles as possible infront of your instructor. When i rode infront of my instructor in the maestro she just said "YEP! thas the best saddle ive seen you ride in! get it!" and we knew.

Oh yerh and i have really long legs too

8. bawtry

bawtry Well-known Member

Well, I rode in one yesterday and it was wonderful!!! So comfy, made me sit up more and the canter! Wow - talk about easy!!! :)

Really pleased, but now only worried that it is going to get stolen off me by my mum, cos she loved it as well!!! It fits her horse perfectly (yet another reason for me to steal her!!! Lol!!!)

Thanks for everyone's opinions!!!

9. KimC

KimC New Member

I absolutely love mine!!
    its great!!
    good luck though

10. maxntaz

maxntaz Well-known Member

Hey Kim - Welcome to the forums Mate - Just letting you know that this thread is pretty old now!

11. chanel

chanel Well-known Member

well i loove mine!! i also have long lehs but its soo comfy

12. GeorgieGirl

GeorgieGirl New Member

Love mine too, but am changing discipline after only owning it for a few months so am looking to swap for a good stock saddle or sell. Beautiful saddles though.

13. Kimminjoey

Kimminjoey New Member

hey max - haha yer, i was just reading what there was to say about the trainers saddles LOL

14. crystal kasso

crystal kasso New Member

trainers barron

crystal i just reasently good a trainers barron and i noticed that my horse fairlight acres cookie monster is moving way more freely:)*:)*:D:)*