Too Old!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Bushmanwatts, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Bushmanwatts

Bushmanwatts Well-known Member

When is it that one becomes too old to start showing/eventing or pony club can someone shed some light on this please, thanks...

2. I am not sure on the age the EFA etc cut you off but I am sure it wouldn't be until somebodys 60's or something I expect... pony club is 25 but adult rider's club of course would be much older.

3. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Never too old! There is always something you can do as long as your not fussed :D

4. caddilac man

caddilac man Well-known Member

Where there is a will,
    There is a way!

5. Bushmanwatts

Bushmanwatts Well-known Member

What is the age cut off as I have neices nand nephews that would like to do something, get in on the action

6. magic_impact

magic_impact Well-known Member

As Merrylegs said in her post above, the maximum age for Pony Club is 25 years old. Adult Riders Clubs and EFA have no maximum age as far as I am aware. How old are your nieces/nephews?

7. Satorii Lodge

Satorii Lodge Well-known Member

i did my first ode at 41 so im sure they will be fine ...are u asking about the actual comp[ tho or where u can get help to get readyfor one?

8. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

I think Rumble1979 did her first Adult Riding ODE (and won) when she was 60 (oh please I hope I didn't get that wrong or she will hit me!)
    We have another member of Wanneroo Adult Riding who is 'well' over 60 and he has just started out!

9. My instructor who is now in his late 80's told me that they wouldn't let him compete in events any more because he was too old and they wouldn't insure him (and that was when he was in his late 70's) but although he couldn't jump now he still rides twice a week without fail, three times if his wife will let him get away with it!