Tondara Red Brave or Red Miller Jr

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Opal, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Opal

Opal New Member

My friend would like to breed with a quarter horse that is somehow related to a mare she once owned who was by Tondora Red Brave who was by Red Miller Jr. Are there any stallions in WA which would carry these bloodlines?

2. monomeeth

monomeeth Well-known Member

Tondara Red Bon Bon was another stallion by Red Miller Jr who was in WA. I had a mare who was supposedly sired by him (unreg, bred for polox out of a TB) and she was such a lovely horse, amazing nature and lovely too. I remember Red Bon Bon from my QH showing days way back in the year dot and he was a stunner.

There was one stallion by him who died untimely due to an accident. His temperament was amazing too and he was owned by a trainer down south. His name was Sandella Red Bandito and Geoff Sandell of Sandella Quarter Horses owned and bred him. Maybe he had a foal who was kept entire? If anyone knew it would perhaps be Geoff. An online search might turn him up.

Cheers,

Mono

3. monomeeth

4. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I believe Geoff has a stallion at home by Bandit. Geoff didn't breed this guy himelf but was offered the chance to buy him when he lost Bandit so suddenly.
    I have have no idea if he stands this guy at stud but it never hurts to ask the question. :)

5. monomeeth

Cool! I've been thinking about my girl ever since doing that bit of research yesterday. She was such a honey: Smart, funny and gentle. I had to send her to the bridge at 13 due to a bone spur in her knee but apart from that sadness she was my perfect horse. I always thought she and Bandit were very similar in temperament and build, though she was a wonderful rich red bay instead of chestnut. I'd have loved to have had a baby from her and she's the only horse I've ever owned that I felt like that about. So glad that Geoff got to have one from Bandit.

Cheers,

Mono

6. monomeeth

7. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I'd say that's him. Geoff did tell me he's a pally. **)

8. Opal

Opal New Member

Thank you so much! Excellent info, yes and we then found colt forty five as a stallion that we could potentially breed with. We now just need to get in contact with Geoff to see if that is a possibility. We have found a contact number for Geoff through Google. Very exciting, thank you so much for your help.

9. chocollo

chocollo Active Member

We have a gelding by Tondara Red Brave (Brother to Geoff's Bandit) out of an appy mare. He'll be 18 this year. Had him since he was 3 and has done a bit of everything. He is one in a million and very special to us. A mate has a few more from this line and they have lovely forgiving temprements. I didn't know that there was a Stallion by Bandit around. :D

10. monomeeth

They are special for sure! I'm glad we could help Opal!

11. chocollo

chocollo Active Member

I think Geoff's stallion would be your best bet. My friend has 2 mares and 2 geldings that are grand sired by Red Brave. :)

12. sush1974

sush1974 New Member

Red Miller

I have moved next door to a guy who has 4 mares from these bloodlines. We are looking for a colt or stallion with same to put over them